Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Also, isn't Castle Drakan in the north too? It'd make sense if that was close to Darkmeyer.

Yes the building assumed to be Castle Drakan, or at least own by one of the Drakan family, is the one at the northern end of the currently accessible area; its the one we draw pictures off from the wall during 1 of the quests.

Which fits in nicely with the Leather Book (?) which clearly states Darkmeyer is north of mieyerditch.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd like to point out all of what I said came from actual in-game lore and some theorising based on reasonable assumption. Not random made-up facts that appear on rs wiki.

I'd say given the suggested grandeur of Hallowvale it is perfectly reasonable to assume Meiyerditch itself isn't part of the original city. Everything about it is a purpose built ghetto imprisonment. The original city would of had a gate and stone buildings and statues and all sorts that the meiyerditch area just completely lacks, there's no even ruins to evidence such structures. And there is no lore to 100% say meiyerditch was hallowvale, just its in that region. In fact lore does mention a refugee camp outside hallowvale that was later enslaved and tithed, which fits much better with meiyerditch than the idea of it being the city itself does; though it could also be burgh de rott or mort'ton.

Plus it is 100% in game factual lore Drakan took over Hallowvale and Drakan now rules Darkmeyer so darkmeyer = hallowvale and its 100% in-game fact that darkmeyer is north of meiyerditch.

Oh and as for the east gate being the dragonkin castle, personally I don't buy into it. No real evidence for dragonkin being in that area and the fact the most powerful dragons are all more western suggests so were dragonkin, afterall they made dragons to defend themselves. I just think it may be a architectural similarity due to prior allegiances; the castle ruins in wildy with dragonkin logos certainly suggests Zaros links and early zaros > zammy converts (eg drakan) probably retained much of the building styles.

And it is true since it first came out its similarities have been minimised to be a distinctly different building.

It's the architecture that makes me believe it. The other behing the Drakan castle I can't remember since Hallowvale in 2006.

It will be semi-interesting to see where this quests goes though, with the last Mahjarrat quest coming they'll have to branch off to Dragonkin or seperate god quests such as Zarosian questlines.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Might also be worth considering that Darkmeyer could be so massive that it's both north and east of meiyerditch. That'd be pretty cool.

Personally I think:

Hallowvale's remains are both north and east of the meiyerditch but only the northern area is Darkmeyer, as the vampyre empire seems small in numbers and civilian needs due to the vampyre's sheer power and unstoppability.

Then I expect the eastern area to be a further slum, but slightly better standard of structure and living as it is the remains of the city and perhaps houses Icyene who are being tithed.

Afterall the lore states Icyene lived in the city, and were still there when it was attacked and captured, so one would assume they are still there SOMEWHERE under drakan's rule. And what we know of the species it may be feasible they are treated slightly better but used to feed Drakan and the high up vampyres on a better quality of blood.

Of course purely speculative as all we know for sure is Darkmeyer is north of meiyerditch, but guess some blanks will be filled this week; perhaps even tomorrow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have the strangest feeling that when the mahjarrat and vampire quests are complete there will be a huge lack lore to keep runescape interesting. The only big piece that I see that could come from the mahjarrat and vampire story lines would be something to do with the elder gods. We only know of one elder god thus far which is Jas. I could almost forsee us being involved in quests that show our current gods as being usurpers to the elder gods.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think (no, I hope) that a real castle is found in the eastern part of the city.

The reason for this is:

1. the massive eastern gatehouse

2. Castle Drakan looks more to me as a citadel and not a castle

If my assumption is correct and Castle Drakan is a citadel then why is Drakan living there instead of in the eastern part - in the castle I'm hoping is there.

I have the strangest feeling that when the mahjarrat and vampire quests are complete there will be a huge lack lore to keep runescape interesting. The only big piece that I see that could come from the mahjarrat and vampire story lines would be something to do with the elder gods. We only know of one elder god thus far which is Jas. I could almost forsee us being involved in quests that show our current gods as being usurpers to the elder gods.

To be fair:

Jagex have confirmed ROTM isn't the "end" for the mahjratt.

It just ties up the on-going ritual story arc, and according to the 15% membership news post ties up Lucien's plot.

We still have several big mahjratt based plots to bubble along nicely AND jagex did say somewhere ROTM will actually start off 1 or 2 new mahjratt stories (eg sliske).

I mean there heaps of mahjratt stuff left to do.

Hazeel's next step, Azzandra restoring Zaros, Jhallan post-ritual, Zemergoul's next move in his quest for varrock and us nicking Arrav's heart, Enkhara and Anthankos on-going feud, General Khazard being stuck in the shadow plain and hating us, Bilrach's dealings under daemonheim

Also it's VAMPYRE not vampire, in postbags etc it has been made abundantly clear vampires = blood sucking animals that aimlessly wander like in the haunted woods. Vampyres = intelligent civilisation that rule Morytania

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I predict that the quest will consist of us teaming up with one of the signature heroes. We then infiltrate Darkmeyer, which is an instance area you can't visit otherwise. We then find a tree, cut off a branch or something, then we fight a ridiculously overpowered "pet" of Drakan. We kill it, return to Burgh de Rott and the quest is over.

pEWpy.jpg

queste.png303/324

I think there are few things that would keep the lore interesting and I am sure that is not even most of it. The few things that I can think of right now: The elves quest which will most likely combined with at least gnomes and maybe dwarves. Also what about the comeback of zaros, or do you think it will be in ROTM?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I predict that the quest will consist of us teaming up with one of the signature heroes. We then infiltrate Darkmeyer, which is an instance area you can't visit otherwise. We then find a tree, cut off a branch or something, then we fight a ridiculously overpowered "pet" of Drakan. We kill it, return to Burgh de Rott and the quest is over.

Yahh, that's just about sums the quest up I think !

Oh yeah I forgot about the elves!... I was under the impressing the RotM was pretty much the conclusion to the mahjaratt, but seeing more of the their works in the would would be awesome.

Also I just want more pantheon storyline like Seren, Armadyl, Zaros, and the elder gods as a following and how they operate. I mean c'mon there is so much more potential there. To be honest I thought Bandos was a very interesting god and was quite annoyed how they just shut him out so easily. I didn't like how he made his followers operate out of stupidity either.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Elder God lore would be the hardest to get without some form of comeback or convoluted plot. After all all species post-date elder gods, in fact the only person to have ANY idea about the is Guthix (and perhaps Seren)

I guess Armadyl may be in the works though, afterall we got his fortresses in clan citadels, and there was mention of a flying city ages ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the city is still there filled with armadylian followers and all sorts of things presumed lost in the godwars.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot about the elves!... I was under the impressing the RotM was pretty much the conclusion to the mahjaratt, but seeing more of the their works in the would would be awesome.

Also I just want more pantheon storyline like Seren, Armadyl, Zaros, and the elder gods as a following and how they operate. I mean c'mon there is so much more potential there. To be honest I thought Bandos was a very interesting god and was quite annoyed how they just shut him out so easily. I didn't like how he made his followers operate out of stupidity either.

But what do you want with a god that has not quite the smartest followers ;)

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

There was just more built up potential about him. They pretty much slammed a door in a godly beings face and simply said well that's the end of that. I think a godly being like him needs to be reintroduced and no let fizzle out in such a horrid way.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

There was just more built up potential about him. They pretty much slammed a door in a godly beings face and simply said well that's the end of that. I think a godly being like him needs to be reintroduced and no let fizzle out in such a horrid way.

They didn't finish him. They have lots of potential left to progress Bandos lore/bandos avatar plot arc, all they did was end the cave goblin zanik plot arc.

You need to realise just cause something happened in a finished story arc doesn't mean its finished with, each story arc has loads going on that isn't exclusive to that 1 story.

Like how temple knights featured in the sea slug series, sea slug has finished, but temple knights haven't.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Yeah, but while that may be true, we may not forget the pace at which quests are released. I doubt they will work on new questarcs around people from older questlines, when there are so many older questlines still not finished. So I don't expect Bandos involved in a quest for at least 5 years. :s

300094_10150370941686729_59261801728_9726657_4480111_n.jpg

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I BET IT'S SAILING

[spoiler=and theirs blod!!!11111!eleven1]THIS IS THE STORY OF A DAY WHERE THERE WAS ALL THIS BLOOD. A MAN WAS WALKING AROUND AND BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT OF HIM EVERYWHERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD THAT IT FILLED UP AN ELEVATOR. HE WENT TO THE STORE AND THERE WAS JUST BLOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE! PEOPLE WERE SLIPPING IN IT AND THEY WERE ALL GROSSED OUT. HE TRIED TO GO SWIMMING AND ALL OF THE SHARKS WENT NUTS AND BITTENED EVERYBODY. HE GOT CHASED BY ALL THE VAMPIRES EVER. ONE TIME THE BLOOD GOT A KID AND A DOG. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYONE DECIDED THEY WOULD SEND HIM TO SPACE SO THAT HE WOULD STOP GETTING BLOOD EVERY WHERE. THE SCARIEST PART IS THAT THE MAN WAS YOU!!! (OR HE WAS A LADY IF YOU ARE A LADY) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I BET IT'S SAILING

[spoiler=and theirs blod!!!11111!eleven1]THIS IS THE STORY OF A DAY WHERE THERE WAS ALL THIS BLOOD. A MAN WAS WALKING AROUND AND BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT OF HIM EVERYWHERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD THAT IT FILLED UP AN ELEVATOR. HE WENT TO THE STORE AND THERE WAS JUST BLOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE! PEOPLE WERE SLIPPING IN IT AND THEY WERE ALL GROSSED OUT. HE TRIED TO GO SWIMMING AND ALL OF THE SHARKS WENT NUTS AND BITTENED EVERYBODY. HE GOT CHASED BY ALL THE VAMPIRES EVER. ONE TIME THE BLOOD GOT A KID AND A DOG. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYONE DECIDED THEY WOULD SEND HIM TO SPACE SO THAT HE WOULD STOP GETTING BLOOD EVERY WHERE. THE SCARIEST PART IS THAT THE MAN WAS YOU!!! (OR HE WAS A LADY IF YOU ARE A LADY) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED.

Strange I can't remember what I just read...

that hall looks cool though :)

Retired item crew

I just hope they don't try any more gimmicky control schemes, they've really ruined the vast majority of the recent quests for me. Always sluggish and awkward as the engine wasn't build for them but given I think the last 5 quests or whatever have all had gimmicky things it wouldn't surprise me.

To be fair:

Jagex have confirmed ROTM isn't the "end" for the mahjratt.

It just ties up the on-going ritual story arc, and according to the 15% membership news post ties up Lucien's plot.

We still have several big mahjratt based plots to bubble along nicely AND jagex did say somewhere ROTM will actually start off 1 or 2 new mahjratt stories (eg sliske).

I mean there heaps of mahjratt stuff left to do.

Hazeel's next step, Azzandra restoring Zaros, Jhallan post-ritual, Zemergoul's next move in his quest for varrock and us nicking Arrav's heart, Enkhara and Anthankos on-going feud, General Khazard being stuck in the shadow plain and hating us, Bilrach's dealings under daemonheim.

They didn't say RotM would give way to new Mahjarrat storylines. If I remember correctly, Paul's devblog said that the quest will give rise to several interesting overarching storylines only touched on previously. One of these is undoubtedly going to be the Dragonkin.

Also, I don't really see much point in having individual Mahjarrat related quests post RotM and I expect to see most of the loose ends you mentioned tied up in the quest itself. Afterall, what's the point in having a quest with Zemouregal just attacking Varrock again only with added power.

The only Mahjarrat I hope to see with his own questline post RotM is Sliske, mainly because he has close ties to the Barrows brothers and Nex which would be interesting to see more of.

Also, if ANY of the the signature heroes are in this quest, I'll go find the dev that ruined arguably one of the best and only good storylines left in the game and put his head through the computer screen. (lolemptythreat)

Sylpheed.png