Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Here the post from future upd8 rsof

Not Today!

Hi all,

Just to let you know, before some awesome threads meet their fate due to spamming, there will not be a game update today. This is due to the Bank Holiday, extra testing and team moves - it is planned for tomorrow.

In order to get a better insight in to how we organise game updates, we suggest that you read our Upload Manager's blog which can be found here.

Thanks!

Mkay one more day I can live with that.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

Erm no.

MONDAY the 29th was bank holiday.

The no game update thread in future updates jsut said it wouldnt be today due to the bank holiday.

Ergo normal week update is tuesday not monday; this week bank holiday makes stuff a day late.

And it is quite clearly third in BTS, with mini-game rewards and edgeville update listed after it.

Haven't looked at BTS since it came out, my bad. Was sure it was second in like though, but oh well.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

Erm no.

MONDAY the 29th was bank holiday.

The no game update thread in future updates jsut said it wouldnt be today due to the bank holiday.

Ergo normal week update is tuesday not monday; this week bank holiday makes stuff a day late.

And it is quite clearly third in BTS, with mini-game rewards and edgeville update listed after it.

Haven't looked at BTS since it came out, my bad. Was sure it was second in like though, but oh well.

Nop, it was really planned to release last week and this week minigame update.

They mixed it up for a couple of reasons. I think its good, you don't want things half tested in game (remember ROW)

This is due to the Bank Holiday, extra testing and team moves

Team moves? what they mean?

My crystal armour idea.

Probably refurbishing or moving to a newer/larger office or something; companys shuffle teams round all the time. My mother's team at work got moved every few years.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Aw ok damn was hoping that they had to do something about team movement in the quest (Read earlier posts about using the 3 adventurers that travel to burgh de rott as helpers in quest)

But what you said sounds more realistic.

My crystal armour idea.

It may also be to do with complacency issues, the more comfortable they are in their surroundings the more people are likely to miss. So the Q&A team must be stuck :twisted:

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

According to the waiting room thread on rsof ETA is after 3pm (uk time)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

actually 1 hour minimum

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Looks like it.

I just hope Jagex doesn't troll us with a "no update week" and watch everyone go mad :???:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Looks like it.

I just hope Jagex doesn't troll us with a "no update week" and watch everyone go mad :???:

C'mon, what esle do you really think will happen before they release what they called the bigest quest they've ever made?

Fact is that Jagex Logic dictates that we players have basically been given two good updates in one week - therefore they have even more entitlement to spend a week off then come back with RotM... Or at least that's what I think they'll do... We have 3 weeks left (inc the Tuesday coming up assuming a Tuesday update as per) and they've already used two of the updates listed on the BTS... As far as I reckon we'll defo get a no update week.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The update for one of the weeks will probably be given over exclusively to classic's reopening. Gives them the benefit of extra buffer in case they hit any last minute bugs to push it back a week.

We used to frequently get 3 updates and then a no-update week in the past so I'm not really sure why this is a shocker to anyone. O_o

hzvjpwS.gif

Since classic and loyalty things are both really "membership incentives" updates, I'd assume they'd both come at the end of the month in one update. (make people buy membs that'l roll over to the end of next month)

So maybe ROTM, no update week, and then the rest.

Either way, IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Since classic and loyalty things are both really "membership incentives" updates, I'd assume they'd both come at the end of the month in one update. (make people buy membs that'l roll over to the end of next month)

So maybe ROTM, no update week, and then the rest.

Either way, IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Seeing as I am heading up north this week for the ritual I do hope that it is, and that our brothers do not delay us ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D