Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Wouldn't a dragon warhammer be made redundant by the chaotic maul?

Would most likely be used as a special weapon, but I guess the same would be true of the dragon crossbow.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'd love to see a dragon warhammer. A lot of people are talking about dragon crossbows, but those would either decrease the value of chaotic cbow or be redundant themselves.

As a person who dislikes dung, I love posts like this that fuel my idea that without the rewards it's just another crap mini-game & the rewards are the only insentive to grind it.

Considering I refuse to train dung, d-xbow would be great to me.

I'd love to see a dragon warhammer. A lot of people are talking about dragon crossbows, but those would either decrease the value of chaotic cbow or be redundant themselves.

As a person who dislikes dung, I love posts like this that fuel my idea that without the rewards it's just another crap mini-game & the rewards are the only insentive to grind it.

Get back under your bridge please.

Sylpheed.png

I remember when the trolls used to say "Slayer is not a skill!"

Wonder what'll happen when they release the next skill...

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

The people who think that Dungeoneering isn't a skill need to take a long, hard look at Construction :P

Also, I'm aware that Ali the Wise and Akriskae are in that picture, I just thought that a Temple Knight Acolyte promotion is rather a far-flung prediction based on a picture containing White Knight Acolytes.

I'm looking forward to Acolyte armour, really, but I'm not sure I want it out of this quest.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The people who think that Dungeoneering isn't a skill need to take a long, hard look at Construction :P

Also, I'm aware that Ali the Wise and Akriskae are in that picture, I just thought that a Temple Knight Acolyte promotion is rather a far-flung prediction based on a picture containing White Knight Acolytes.

I'm looking forward to Acolyte armour, really, but I'm not sure I want it out of this quest.

If we do get it, I'm guessing it will be obtained in a similar way to elite black knight armour and Dagon'hai robes. Not a direct reward from the quest but something we are given out of necessity.

Sylpheed.png

"Horribly-Warped-and-Disfigured-Demons will drop the rare and exclusive Dragon maul!"

I'm hoping the next Knight armour (if we get it) looks better then their counterparts. you gotta admit for "Temple Knight" gear, it's pretty basic and lame.

Popoto.~<3

Well let's take a moment to consider what we got out of the previous quest in this series.

WGS gave us:

5 Quest Points

A random piece of Ruined dragon armour.

A set of Elite black armour.

A set of Dagon'hai robes.

2 Infernal ashes from the two Tormented demons plus anything else that they drop. (possibility of dragon claws)

5,000 coins

4 x 100,000 experience from Idria (Only available for skills Level 65 or higher. Choose any skill or use all on same skill. You may return later to claim the skill reward, but the Epilogue featuring the Dragonkin will only commence once all 4 experience boosts have been applied).

Access to Black Knights' Catacombs to kill Elite Black Knights.

Opportunity to loot Movario's base.

The base has 100 magic logs, 100 pieces of coal, 100 fire runes, and 100 death runes.

The items are not noted. Players can burn the logs or use the coal (superheat) in the base to save trips.

Players can loot the items in multiple trips, but the items do not restock.

At GE market prices, the items are worth approximately 187,300 coins.

Ability to kill Tormented demons for dragon metal pieces and dragon claws.

You receive a Strange key teeth and a Strange key loop

It is possible to unlock the mithril door upstairs in the Ancient Cavern by the Mithril dragons by using either a Strange key teeth or a Strange key loop on a Mithril dragon with both pieces of the key are in your inventory. This will fuse the pieces together into a Dragonkin key. Inside the mithril door are three hanging dragon heads and a giant orb in the centre. Using Fire Wave on each head will cause fire to appear in their mouths and cause them to slide towards the orb in the centre. Once the orb is lit, the player can return to the mysterious forge and will find it full of molten lava. It is here, using a Blast fusion hammer purchased from the Foreman at the Blast Furnace for 1,000,000 coins, that the player can fuse together the three parts of the Dragon platebody with Smithing level 92 (was level 99 when first released [1]). It will give 2,000 experience to make it. The current price is 8,000,000 coins.

A new pet, known as Broav.

Now – I dunno, but isn't acolyte (white) armour going to see just a LITTLE anti-climatic after this "Grand-Master" quest?

:unsure:

On top of all that – let's look at this economically:

Dagon Hai Armour in the first week was selling for around 1M. So was Elite Black. The Dragon shards were around 10 mill.

On top of that, we got the ability to fetch d claws which at the time we worth, what, 50M?

Hell - I'd love another quest that can pay me 10+ Mill for completing it.

Now, yeah, okay - maybe Jagex made an epic boo boo in releasing such "high value" content all in one fell swoop.

Do you suppose they will make that same mistake again?

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

If acolyte armour comes out, I'm going to assume it'll be an "among-other-things" kind of reward.

Jagex should just set the guide price of all new release items to 1gp, and remove all limits on Grand Exchange price fluctuation for the said items for a week. No more overpricing errors. The guide price just quickly reacts to what players want.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

...but the Epilogue featuring the Dragonkin will only commence once all 4 experience boosts have been applied).

I was wondering why i never got the Dragonkin cutscene, I still have 100k xp left :P

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Mod Emilee confirmed the update to be tomorrow. Source:

16-17-811-63194097

(second post of Emilee on page 4)

[qfc]16-17-811-63194097[/qfc]

tagged it for easy linkage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

16-17-811-63194097

It doesn't say WHAT the update is going to be ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

16-17-811-63194097

Yeah cause all the update teaser images over the weekend of dragonkin, mahjrattian fortresses and armies in the frozen north leave us totally clueless as to what this weeks update is...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

16-17-811-63194097

Yeah cause all the update teaser images over the weekend of dragonkin, mahjrattian fortresses and armies in the frozen north leave us totally clueless as to what this weeks update is...

... and would it be the first time they showed hints and didn't release the update?

BTS gave a specific order:

New Prayer Potion - release date September 6, 2011

Bonus XP Weekend - release date September 9, 2011

Final Classic Re-opening - release date _________?

Ritual of the Mahjarrat - release date _________?

They still have three full weeks in which to release the last two "updates" listed in the BTS -- and RoTM is listed 4th, not third.

nyuseg.png

The update teasers they release over the weekend have ALWAYS been the next update; even on the like 1 occasion the update has been delayed we had a no-update week so the teasers just ended up being super early

And as seen last month things don't ALWAYS go in bts order.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

16-17-811-63194097

... and would it be the first time they showed hints and didn't release the update?

They still have three full weeks in which to release the last two "updates" listed in the BTS -- and RoTM is listed 4th, not third.

Read the BTS again and realise you've missed out loyalty points.

Last month they released the updates in a different orders to what they appeared in the BTS.

16-17-811-63194097

Read the BTS again and realise you've missed out loyalty points.

Last month they released the updates in a different orders to what they appeared in the BTS.

OK -- so, I missed Loyalty points too. But they're not going to release those until the 28th -- which is on Wednesday of the last week.

All I am saying is, don't get too excited people. Cabbage happens ...

nyuseg.png

Well, Paul is working on it, I do have a lot of hope because of that. :P

Yeah well -- I am not going to let you guys get me too excited over the possibilities, this time around -- I'm none too keen for a big let down ... again.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png