Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I just hope they don't try any more gimmicky control schemes, they've really ruined the vast majority of the recent quests for me. Always sluggish and awkward as the engine wasn't build for them but given I think the last 5 quests or whatever have all had gimmicky things it wouldn't surprise me.

This. An epic bossfight wouldn't go amiss either, that pest queen manouver was so anticlimactic.

The only good use for signature heroes is cannon fodder. Time to show that raptor fellow that half a noob and their dog can one-hit him.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just hope they don't try any more gimmicky control schemes, they've really ruined the vast majority of the recent quests for me. Always sluggish and awkward as the engine wasn't build for them but given I think the last 5 quests or whatever have all had gimmicky things it wouldn't surprise me.

This. An epic bossfight wouldn't go amiss either, that pest queen manouver was so anticlimactic.

The only good use for signature heroes is cannon fodder. Time to show that raptor fellow that half a noob and their dog can one-hit him.

Raptor is the only interesting sig hero there is. Owen or whatever his name is is the most generic "hero" ever, black ranger guy is the quirky carefree herp derp, mage girl is GURRRRRL POWER and the others I don't even remember. What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

queste.png303/324

Raptor is the only interesting sig hero there is. Owen or whatever his name is is the most generic "hero" ever, black ranger guy is the quirky carefree herp derp, mage girl is GURRRRRL POWER and the others I don't even remember. What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

"liked"

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why aren't you writing the quest story lines?

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Why aren't you writing the quest story lines?

I've been assigned to the bot busting team. I sit and drink tea for 8 hours a day

queste.png303/324

One of the best posts I've read in a long time.

I have the strangest feeling that when the mahjarrat and vampire quests are complete there will be a huge lack lore to keep runescape interesting. The only big piece that I see that could come from the mahjarrat and vampire story lines would be something to do with the elder gods. We only know of one elder god thus far which is Jas. I could almost forsee us being involved in quests that show our current gods as being usurpers to the elder gods.

To be fair:

Jagex have confirmed ROTM isn't the "end" for the mahjratt.

It just ties up the on-going ritual story arc, and according to the 15% membership news post ties up Lucien's plot.

We still have several big mahjratt based plots to bubble along nicely AND jagex did say somewhere ROTM will actually start off 1 or 2 new mahjratt stories (eg sliske).

I mean there heaps of mahjratt stuff left to do.

Hazeel's next step, Azzandra restoring Zaros, Jhallan post-ritual, Zemergoul's next move in his quest for varrock and us nicking Arrav's heart, Enkhara and Anthankos on-going feud, General Khazard being stuck in the shadow plain and hating us, Bilrach's dealings under daemonheim.

They didn't say RotM would give way to new Mahjarrat storylines. If I remember correctly, Paul's devblog said that the quest will give rise to several interesting overarching storylines only touched on previously. One of these is undoubtedly going to be the Dragonkin.

Also, I don't really see much point in having individual Mahjarrat related quests post RotM and I expect to see most of the loose ends you mentioned tied up in the quest itself. Afterall, what's the point in having a quest with Zemouregal just attacking Varrock again only with added power.

The only Mahjarrat I hope to see with his own questline post RotM is Sliske, mainly because he has close ties to the Barrows brothers and Nex which would be interesting to see more of.

Also, if ANY of the the signature heroes are in this quest, I'll go find the dev that ruined arguably one of the best and only good storylines left in the game and put his head through the computer screen. (lolemptythreat)

They said it'd start 2 or 2 new stories, finish 1 or 2 (aside from the ritual) but touch on most of the stories as obviously all the characters will be there.

Also there's plenty of story left in the mahjaratt post-rotm; afterall they mostly have many nefarious plans to play out and the ritual is just a distraction from the norm. Plus Zemergoul obv won't attack varrock again since an Arrav descendant is there, doesn't mean he won't come after us though. We did save Arrav from him afterall. If you actually think back over the mahjaratt quests many of them story-wise have very little to do with the ritual itself, aside from the obligatory deciding to head north. To me i view the rotm as the story of the mahjaratt, but all the other stories around it that continue are stories about specific people and their doings, who just happen to be a mahjaratt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.

I chuckled. Then I got really angry.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

what if the 6 characters from Temple Trekking helped you in the quest? they have a vested interest in that region and by the time you get them all to 99 you could have formed some sort of emotional attachment to them meaning you might actually care if they get killed...

needless to say, if you've never done Temple Trekking they will all be level 1 and get owned instantly, whereas the quest would be much easier if you'd taken the time to help them all train to level 99...

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

But none the less I think it is a good idea.

Hi

I have actually also thought of this too - as you say the characters have an interest in the region and one does tend to get abit emotionally atteched to the characters while trying to level them up.

However, I see the problem for players who don't play Temple Trekking as they, as you have said, will have a party of level one characters.

If Jagex made a quest like this then they would be spammed by players whinning about the unfairness in that they have to play a mini-game (which they don't want to) in order to be able to solve the quest easy.

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi

Also no way that smiddi, jayene and dean would be used. The lore behind them is that they are escaping burgh de rott with your help.

Pazuzu, Zachory and Rolayne on the other hand may be as they are going down there to help the fight.

The lore would suit this idea very well, as it prevent us from having a HUGE party to keep track on - only four will make up the party, which is, IMO, just about enough to keep things nice and neat.

Hi

Can I trade Zachory in for either Jayenne or Dean? Then I'd be happy. Rolayne's a badass [bleep], and Pazuzu's awesome, but I hate Zachory.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Teaser%2026-Aug-2011.jpg

Harnessing the power of the darkmeyer tree using a connect four machine? It's like a really bad and elaborate episode of batman.

Pretty sure that is twister.

"But there is no color.."

Yeah because the Vampyres use the tree to change the color of the board. To make matters worse it is random so that it makes it hard for them. Good thing I am awesome at Twister. This quest is as good as done.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Hi

Can I trade Zachory in for either Jayenne or Dean? Then I'd be happy. Rolayne's a badass [bleep], and Pazuzu's awesome, but I hate Zachory.

Hi

I can only agree with you, Zachory definitely needs to back to one of the Wizard Towers to brush off his magic skills - I guess he must have slept when the older wizards were teaching "How to easily and effective defeat a ghast."

Teaser%2026-Aug-2011.jpg

Pretty sure that is twister.

"But there is no color.."

Yeah because the Vampyres use the tree to change the color of the board. To make matters worse it is random so that it makes it hard for them. Good thing I am awesome at Twister. This quest is as good as done.

Mastermind is what comes to mind for me

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

Giant petri dishes for breeding giant bacteria colonies?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I hate quests a lot, but even I am getting very annoyed with the constant delays for this quest. D: I thought it was supposed to be the 2nd update of the month? According to BTS anyway (I think it was second in line after the Grand Exchange graphic update).

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It was a bank holiday in the UK today, and no it was not second in the bts it was last: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes---august-5

Erm no.

MONDAY the 29th was bank holiday.

The no game update thread in future updates jsut said it wouldnt be today due to the bank holiday.

Ergo normal week update is tuesday not monday; this week bank holiday makes stuff a day late.

And it is quite clearly third in BTS, with mini-game rewards and edgeville update listed after it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg