Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

So is the update teaser about clan citadel? or something else?

I'd say it's quite clearly the clan citadel theatre; which was mentioned in this weeks news as they made a few tweaks ready for next week when the first clans get tier 5 and thus the theatre.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interesting how they actually didn't code all the stuff for the later tiers of citadel and only got it together as the clans progressed towards the higher tiers.

I don't think citadels are "finished" by any means; I mean tier 7 gets 12 skill plot locations, but there's only 7 skill plots we can build and given the fact resource spawns are unique to each player and infinite there is clearly no need to have more than 1 of each plot.

So I expect they must intend to add more skills at a later date.

Anyway: The theatre thing wasn't added as such, all they did was update the emote page so reveal the theatre emotes as they have a use now. After all why have them there for like 2.5 months being utterly useless, plus it ruins the surprise of what's to come in citadels. Or at least thats what they are saying, I wouldn't be surprised if extra features aren't being coded and strapped on in response to player feedback; like the banks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I read somewhere that they're releasing the Clan Citadel in the other Languages but can't remember where I read that.

It's in the Behind the Scenes of the other languages. :P (e.g. http://services.runescape.com/m=news/l=1/hinter-den-kulissen-im-september-1 see "Clanburgen auf Deutsch"/"Clan Citadels in German")

[404] Signature not found.

• 2 weeks later...

Not strictly an update teaser, but just a model I noticed on the Runefest page (also, the date given for Kal'Ger is completely wrong <_< )

Future.png

Thoughts?

EDIT : FORGET ABOUT THAT GUYS CHECK OUT THIS THING

fdsgq.png

Facebook teaser, just came out.

Probably Deathcon 2, but it seems a bit early for it?

EDIT 2 : More from the RSOF:

303771_105973239512411_100002992076479_46203_1168989759_n.jpg

309683_105973502845718_100002992076479_46205_2008255771_n.jpg

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think the date for 2009 is just to show the last graphical update for demons?

I haven't a clue what that could be; Deathcon 2 is possible but like you said, too early for it...

Though like I mentioned somewhere, maybe they're trying to get the updates out ASAP so they have more time to focus on Runefest?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

maybe they're trying to get the updates out ASAP so they have more time to focus on Runefest?

Don't you mean.

maybe they're trying to get the updates out ASAP so they have more time to focus on flogging tickets for the overpriced Runefest?

asrhasrh.jpg

Not that I care or anything, but wouldn't that sheep punching activity draw the wrath of Guthix?

"... sheep punching activity ..." :unsure:

Am I the only person to see a double-entendre in that turn of phrase?

I wonder if the activity gives a pair of rubber boots as a reward?

:unsure: :lol:

nyuseg.png

Perhaps this is some sort of Dungeoneering parody included in the Halloween event? Though it's a bit early for the event, and it was said to take place inside "Death's citadel" and the teasers don't really look anything like that.

The other possibility is that this is "The Pit". Certainly seems like it could fit the brief description in the BTS. Looks like some sort of timed challenge, but I'm not sure what sheep have to do with agility.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

They might be new randoms....?

Those look like they would be pretty fun randoms, and it's about time for some new ones.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Not that I care or anything, but wouldn't that sheep punching activity draw the wrath of Guthix?

"... sheep punching activity ..." :unsure:

Am I the only person to see a double-entendre in that turn of phrase?

I wonder if the activity gives a pair of rubber boots as a reward?

:unsure: :lol:

First thing I thought of was a pillow fight to be honest. :lol:

Looks like an interesting update ahead of us. :P

seems like the mad pit to me as it mentioned wacky challenges to break bordem of agility courses and blates dominion tower teasers would show SOME sort of fighting/old quest boss

Plv6Dz6.jpg

To be honest -- these images remind me of a Hot Wheels computer game my boys used to play a long time ago -- or those episodes from Looney Toons like "Duck Amuck", wherein the setting is one where we've pierced the Fourth wall.

In any event, it looks fun and I, for one, am looking forward to them. :-D

nyuseg.png

The upcoming week is still most likely a no-update week, though

fdshz.png

[qfc]16-17-798-63230998[/qfc], Page 11

EDIT : Surprise ! They just released the last two images - which, in fact, Tip.It has already received.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They should just make it Wednesday as the official (unofficial) update day. They've only managed to release it on Tuesday once in the past 2 months.

I think they plan the updates to be released on tuesday but sometimes (often) you have bugs etc. and it gets pushed to wednesday.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

There never has been any official update day, its just par for the course that most come tues or weds by the natural ergonomics of processing an update in the space of a working week.

Sat and sun are weekend so not then.

thurs and fri are getting a bit late in the week if anything major crops up that needs fixing.

mon is a bit early as unless the update is 100% ready to go on friday and they just store it over weekend theres bound to be last minute tweaks

Tues is a good day as it gives time for last min tweaks and allows space if theres any post release issues

Weds is a good day if minor issues delay it slightly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg