Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

Biggest glitches video:

"is there anything in the live game that you'd rather not be there?"

"Trouble Brewing"

"What's the biggest bug?"

"when we released the city of dorgeshuun, you could sell a piece of cheese to the merchants for 600m gp"

"but fortunately only one person found that out and told us immediately. He was even so nice he gave us the money back."

"Personally I'd like to see a skill, like an enchanting skill, that lets you make your equipment better. It kinda steps on the toes of smithing, but smithing is a skill that really shouldn't be there. I'd like to see a skill like that. but there's currently no skills in development"(Jmod)

"What do you think of giving mage weapons special attacks?"

"Leaning on what we were talking about yesterday, one of the things we were hoping to do was instead of special weapons, so instead when you level up your skill [blah blah abilities talk read the future of runescape combat thread"

"We want players to focus less on specific items, and more on their skills"

"when is the dragon kiteshield coming out?"

"The dragon kiteshield is not in development, i have no idea when it is coming out. I imagine our lead designer mod mark will suddenly wake up one day and decide to put it in the game"

"The 64 by 64 monster, how high will it be? How will we see the damage bar?"

"As of right now, you need to use special developer commands to see the health bar"

"In soul wars, Can you make the ramp up to the obelisk 4 wide"

"It's certainly possible, one of the things we really want to do, is have 2 versions of soul wars. The current soul wars, and a team based version, that is much smaller, where you pick a team of 10-20 people and challenge another team, and it's instanced. Then we might look at making the ramp smaller. But we definitely want to look at a smaller soul wars game so it's less laggy"

"Will there ever be mounts? Because even at 99 agility, you run out of energy pretty easily"

"I agree (This is mod chris E speaking, and he thinks run energy is a stupid idea) But I'm not in a position to do anything about this. Originally the issue was we couldn't put players on a mount because of image clipping. But we resolved that issue through z-buffering. Now it's a technical limitation of how fast you can move. Due to latency, you will look fine on your own screen, but on other players screens, it will look like you are teleporting around. It's something we definitely want, it's something we're working on, but it's not something we can do yet. And I can't promise it will come into the game."

"will there be more quests where you help the bad gods?"

"Probably yes." mod chris admits to not knowing much on the matter.

"Can we redecorate our armor? can I dress my torva up in a princess outfit?"

"Erm, Technically yes we can do this, but mod mark doesn't like players disguising their power. So if you're running around in a princess outfit, but you actually have full torva on, I don't think mod mark would like that"

Naaxi.png

I'm thinking QBD and KK are gonna be high level versions of KBD and KQ; which would be cool.

They sure look the part. But if the Kalphite Queen is already the third (?) most difficult boss to kill efficiently, how will the Kalphite King not suck balls?

Well the KK and KQ should live together - Same room? Lair? Same for KBD QBD. About time they put them in thou, Its not like its been 7 Years to slow to add them. Interested in what thier drops could be thou, More dragon specific items? I dont know whats left thou.

if the concept arts are anything to go by QBD isn't underground and given Kalphite's Bee or ant-like social structuring I don't see King being given same chamber as Queen; looking at colouring I could imagine he might be a whole seperate colony a kinda of patriarchal equiv to the matriarchal queen

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"will there be bank shortcut where you can withdraw an entire costume and equip it?"

"I am actually working on that right now. So Yes"(Mod chris)

"Will there be any more bandos armor? There isnt a helmet or shield

"it's not impossible, but it's unlikely. Perhaps a goblin storyline, not the cave goblin storyline. but theres no plans, but it's certainly possible."

"will we ever be able to look up?"

"When our graphic designers make a table, they make the entire table then delete all the polygons on the bottom. So if you could look up, you would just see through everything. So I'm going to say we're not going to let you look up in runescape im afraid."

"You can look up if you use a cheat engine..."

"Ok... [awkward silence]"

"will there be hotkeys?

"Yes, part of the combat rework will be an action bar. And you'll be able to bind keys. 12345, wasd, whatever you want to the action bar. And all these new abilities will be in a sort of like spell book. You'll be able to drag your abilities into the action bar. Your food, your prayers, your spells. So yes."

Naaxi.png

Wait I don't quite understand

Is the sailing thing going to be a new skill or a new minigame type thing.

also

"Leaning on what we were talking about yesterday, one of the things we were hoping to do was instead of special weapons, so instead when you level up your skill [blah blah abilities talk read the future of runescape combat thread"

? [blah blah abilities talk read the future of runescape combat thread" Link?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Wait I don't quite understand

Is the sailing thing going to be a new skill or a new minigame type thing.

also

? [blah blah abilities talk read the future of runescape combat thread" Link?

sailing thing isnt a skill.

Not sure what it is. Not sure even mod mark himself knows.

but the name "player owned port" seems to imply construction.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/303930-future-of-runescape-combat/

Naaxi.png

theres a brother missing ='[

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Questions for mod chris L

Two questions

1st: When you said we'd have a hotbar for the new skill, how would that look, because you showed it in HD but I don't play it.

Mod chris (not chris L) interrupts and says: To answer that in short, the graphics team hasn't desgined it yet, but i've drawn it in microsoft paint. The company's new cheap to buy me photoshop. basically the bar will be at the bottom of the 3d view in fixed screen, and it's semi transparent.

2nd: This one is for you (chris L) Because you are the slayer master. Would it be possible, when combining skills, to have silent killing for slayer?

chris L: Silent killing? like stealth killing?

Yes

Chris L: Yes i love this kind of thing.

[blah blah jibberish]

Chris L: Yes, you reminded me. I love this kind of thing, I'll do it next!

Chris L: maybe.

Player: On the player ports, would we be able to ride boats from port to port to get around runescape? and to our citadel?

Chris L: but the citadel is in the sky.

Player: yeah but theoretically...

[laughter]

Chris(not chris L): Actually, one of the things im working on right now, is like a global transportation hub. There's lots of transportation. Teleports, rings, balloons. I want a place, think like a train station. You teleport to this train station, then you can have access to every form of transportation in runescape from there.

Player: I've personally not done a lot of quests, because it unlocks slayer monsters that are not nice to kill that I would then need to block. Will there be something in the game that lets you block quest monsters without having to use your block slots?

Chris L: Its an interesting question, i am aware of the situation. Um. The obvious answer is probably to get a list of these monsters and make them more attractive if they're on the slayer table. Or potentially take it off the list or if it's never going to be used at all. A lot of this is just legacy problems.

Player: Could you release a new combat skill? like prayer which is 12 combat levels, that way we'll be an even 150?

Chris L: Thats up to mod mark, thats not planned.

Player: with the magic armor, is there a new concept? since it's all skirts. Except splitbark legs.

Chris(not L): The magic rework will include some new armor. We'll keep the old armor. But the new armor will have bolted on plates, and runes, or forcefields on it or something.

Player: Are there any skills you want to make? or in development?

Chris(Not L): There are no skills in development, sailing definitely won't be a skill. Personally I'd like to see an enchanting skill. [blah blah] There might be a new skill in development starting next year, but that's a maybe.

Player: The elf storyline. How long left is it? Is it good or bad news we're looking to. And is anything happening to tutorial island?

Chris L: there are no plans for tutorial island. But we might use it for something else later. Like the end game, for some reason. As for elves, I got dangerously close to working on it this year, but i got pulled on to various other projects. Most are on this list [powerpoint]. i read the story boards, they've got some really great twists. I really want to make the new quest. It'll bring the city back. It'll be a big update. Potentially a day's worth of question. You know, bigger than while guthix what? I want it to be a big update that will bring out a lot of the lore of the game.

It is on the radar, definitely.

Player: Do you plan to have any big boss battles?

Chris L: I always plan big boss battles.

Player: Have you considered having a seduction skill?

Chris L: I think of the legal requirements of the game prevents us from doing that since we're designing for little kiddies... one of the things our lead designer mod mark wants us to do, he's very keen on psionics, and telepathy, this might be happening as part of a much much much further evolution of the combat triangle. He'd like to see the combat triangle evolve into a combat pentagon. Psionics being one of the new points. This is just something he said randomly one day when he was getting a coffee. But it's definitely something he wants to do.

Naaxi.png

2nd: This one is for you (chris L) Because you are the slayer master. Would it be possible, when combining skills, to have silent killing for slayer?

Yes

I don't get it...

me neither, the audio's kinda shitty, so i'm just doing my best here.

Naaxi.png

I asked about the hotkeys and made the comment about cheat engine. Either they knew about it or I caught them off guard. :P

Merciful wanted to throw me out because of my cheat engine comment. :(

Can someone post pictures of the Queen Black Dragon and Kalphite King? I have absolutely no idea where to find them.

437265504.jpg

437266692.jpg

Dam they look pretty sweet, thanks for posting them.

I'm assuming graphical updates to the KBD and KQ will coincide with the release of these two. I remember a comment made long ago about females in an insect colony being the stronger sex so I wouldn't be surprised if the KK is weaker than his female counterpart.

Sylpheed.png

OH MY LORD!!! I AM IN LOVE!

437261063.jpg

Dat Dragon armour! <3:

437260396.jpg

And hai barrows.

All i want for chirstmas is red barrows armour.

Blood for the blood gods! skulls for the skull throne! Cookie to whoever gets the reference!

And queen black dragon sounds prommising. I always hoped one day they would release a queen white dragon or wyvern though. So we could finally see what those would look like.

edit: is that a dragon kite or just a tripped out dragon square??? And what gloves do you think they will use for the full set? fog or rfd dragon gloves?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Blood for the blood gods! skulls for the skull throne! Cookie to whoever gets the reference!

WH 40k?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Weren't they just talking about how they had no plans for a Dragon Kiteshield and yet there's one right in the center of that picture?

Guess they haven't debated on it's stat's, how it's going to be distributed (boss, quest, something else) and just how long all that will take to be incorporated into the game. They could also hold off adding it because they want to revamp the combat triangle before adding any more gear that isn't exactly needed at this time.

Weren't they just talking about how they had no plans for a Dragon Kiteshield and yet there's one right in the center of that picture?

Guess they haven't debated on it's stat's, how it's going to be distributed (boss, quest, something else) and just how long all that will take to be incorporated into the game. They could also hold off adding it because they want to revamp the combat triangle before adding any more gear that isn't exactly needed at this time.

It appears at same time as 2 new bosses in dev.

Think it'd be a safe bet that QBD and/or KK gonna be invovled with it.

The way it seems to have a top middle and bottom I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like:

New addition to the quester guilds (champs, heros, legends) as a step up from legends that supplies 1 bit.

QBD drops another bit

KK drops the last bit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The way it seems to have a top middle and bottom I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like:

New addition to the quester guilds (champs, heros, legends) as a step up from legends that supplies 1 bit.

QBD drops another bit

KK drops the last bit

That'd be pretty neat. It does seem however that most of those "guilds" are a little down on features, lets not hope another will follow that course.

crossed_body.png

QBD drops another bit

KK drops the last bit

That'd be pretty neat. It does seem however that most of those "guilds" are a little down on features, lets not hope another will follow that course.

TBF at the appropriate levels they are still reasonably decent, albeit quiet guilds. Just need a bit of a spruce to match up to newer lower end updates. But definitely feels like we are over due the next stage in that guild chain; I mean legends reqs barely scratch the surface of modern quest cape needs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

QBD drops another bit

KK drops the last bit

TBF at the appropriate levels they are still reasonably decent, albeit quiet guilds. Just need a bit of a spruce to match up to newer lower end updates. But definitely feels like we are over due the next stage in that guild chain; I mean legends reqs barely scratch the surface of modern quest cape needs.

I'd love to see the name of said guild. What's higher/better than a legend?

Sylpheed.png

Yes

I don't get it...

me neither, the audio's kinda shitty, so i'm just doing my best here.

In most games if you can sneak up on your opponet and get a stealth attack on them you will either kill them outright or do a large amount of damange with a single blow (higher than even a crit).

cool_sig1.jpg