Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

RuneScape Twitter:

RuneScape

We got some awesome feedback on the Dominion Tower @RuneFest. Making some final tweaks so the update might be delayed until tomorrow. Sorry!

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The update in 1 hour warning came up, but there's no confirmation (RSOF, Twitter or FB) as to what it is.

EDIT : Mod Dean on the RSOF says they're launching fixes. Oh well.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

^Was just faster then me, this is at page 8 of the sticky already posted in this page:

Mod Stevew

Jagex Mod

31-Oct-2011 16:35:55

Hey,

Just to be clear - we have a bug fix update running today, the Dominion Tower update is still planned for tomorrow.

Personally I can't wait, bring it on ....

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

First I was like they would update this until the end of october.

Then I was like they'd delay it, like they said in their fantastic social media sites (and later on RECENT updates board of officials, NOT future updates board).

Then they put up the 1 hour warning, "Thought you got jagex'd? Fooled ya! We are gonna update!"

Short after that, *drumroll* "Oh, that's just bugfix, triple - jagexed - you - kaboom - three - hit - ko!"

Of course, this all for the greater good. Totally unintended, unexpected.

Edit: Found Jagex calendar.

jagexcalendar.png

Sorry about the language. See the pun?

Edited by Arthu

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

The update in 1 hour warning came up, but there's no confirmation (RSOF, Twitter or FB) as to what it is.

Hopefully they at least fixed the invisible house glory.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Then I was like they'd delay it, like they said in their fantastic social media sites (and later on RECENT updates board of officials, NOT future updates board).

Then they put up the 1 hour warning, "Thought you got jagex'd? Fooled ya! We are gonna update!"

Short after that, *drumroll* "Oh, that's just bugfix, triple - jagexed - you - kaboom - three - hit - ko!"

jagexcalendar.png

To be fair, they are implementing and fixing things on a short notice. I'd rather they spend one more day working on it than for another fally massacre to happen.

crossed_body.png

I don't know why it is always such a big deal if the last update of the month happens on the first day of the new month. You don't complain that much if it is the 15th instead of the 14th but you do when it is the 1st instead of the 31st.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

jagexcalendar.png

To be fair, they are implementing and fixing things on a short notice. I'd rather they spend one more day working on it than for another fally massacre to happen.

Surprisingly, I agree with this.

But as a company that runs how many people and even more pounds...

They had announced in the beginning of the month that they would have a huge party, RuneFest, in the end of the month.

They also suggested they would release this Dominion Tower AFTER they've hold their party.

Which would leave them to update monday, the last day of the month.

Whereas I want them to finish their product before releasing, I'd rather see them being realistic with release dates rather than optimistic.

They sure knew how long it takes them to make the update with their resources, as well as they already planned on doing the last tweaks AFTER the RuneFest. They totally knew the amount (or lack) of time between RuneFest and November. Ignoring that fact, they still announced they would update this month. They decided to be optimistic, so they could put more stuff in their 'advertisement' - BTS.

They could have announced it to be updated in november (if at all), and perhaps, if everything goes better than usually, surprise us by updating one week or even a day early? I don't mind them fixing what is needed, but false hope is false. Giving such to customers is not what I like.

At the beginning of the month, they knew they'd hold runefest. They knew they'd release Dominion tower after that. Or - they knew they would not, but the membership would sell better with mention of that. Which is a false policy. If this would happen once, it'd be not a big deal. But rather, they have this habit of mentioning stuff they may update, and then release them slowly. Usually more often a day or a week late than in time. Never too early.

This all should matter to anyone so little, I even almost regret writing this. But being a social person, I add this reply anyway. ^^

(I don't hate jagex, neither am I really disappointed, but this is easy subject to joke about. Isn't that what this topic is about, update teasers - information of upcoming things, discussion, guesses, hopes, complaints, stuff, jokes, kah bah gee?)

hvXho.png

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Being a programmer, I understand how things can come up last minute. They aren't talking about seran-wrapped and finished updates here. If they were already complete and ready to go on BTS update day, I would agree that it should happen when they say. However it isn't. This means that things can change. I know how things can change last minute easily.

I don't mind them slipping into the next month by 1-2 days.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

1. Hold off Members' loyalty program new batch till November.

2. Do Bot-busting update in September

3. Have time to do Dominion's tower for October

4. Win GJA, Golden Scythes for all.

5. ????

6. Profit

I agree that this should've been their plan. Although I don't think they would've won GJA this year. LoL was just huge. Pretty much every gamer friend I know in real life played it this last year. (And I had never even heard of it before that). I think RS would've done a lot better to release the clusterflutter before (if possible, of course it may not have been possible).

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Dun hate because of the 24 hour delay. It wasn't like we would get another content update this week even if they managed to release Dominion Tower on Monday.

It's worth the wait. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to testing it without the chat box being spammed with commands like "Invalid use of Stairs 4453 - Teleporting to 23x66#".

Also heard this was a piece of content where the sound team had to work a lot more then normal.

Hopefully they at least fixed the invisible house glory.

Nope... :wall:

I can at least find one in the center of my wall. The other one has a room on the other side and seems to have completely disappeared...

I wonder when they plan on fixing the water graphical glitches as well, since shallow spots still look incredibly strange. :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

I feel like anyone who reads the BTS should know that the bottom section always is a disclaimer and says this is just a rough guide, dont hold us to this, things do come up. Id rather wait for a bug free update.

That's because nobody reads disclaimers.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I feel like anyone who reads the BTS should know that the bottom section always is a disclaimer and says this is just a rough guide, dont hold us to this, things do come up. Id rather wait for a bug free update.

Oops. I feel owned.

hvXho.png

w85p2012-1.png

Also heard this was a piece of content where the sound team had to work a lot more then normal.

Maybe they have voice-acting for some of the bosses?

Nomad may have just become more epic.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.