Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It will probably be unlocked after the quests tbh, but hard to tell

Main theme seems to be nostalgia, refighting discontinued bosses, so probably quest reqs

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I feel runescape really is placing too much high end equipment as rewards for quests, which really takes away the level playing fieldness that used to be whip/dds with rune fighting.

Korasis, curses, anchor, armadyl storm and many other high end stuff comes from quests

And of course you already have rfd gloves coming from a quest reward.

By no means should items take no work to get, but items like chaotics make for much more interesting game play when you open them up to all types of accounts, rather than needing 75 defence to get armadyl storm.

Not sure what my point is, but I really think that more high end gear should be open to different styles of play

such as me for example getting a fire cape with 1 prayer, it was extremely difficult and would have been made a hundred times easier with protection prayers, but I was still ALLOWED TO TRY without 43 prayer, it would be a much more interesting game if a level 3 was at least allowed to try to kill nomad with recoils, and a very impressive achievement in a game often ridiculed for taking no skill and being all about grind.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

it would be a much more interesting game if a level 3 was at least allowed to try to kill nomad with recoils

Wut

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't see the issue with tying things to quests.

The core of runescape, whether you like it or not, is Quests. They tell the story of the game and our character and fill in lore that explains items and people.

Plus people want high end equipment that is untradable so you have to earn it; quest rewards is the logical way to do this. Boss drops would be all well and good, but it'd be one hell of an expensive boss if you can't profit from its unique drops. Plus via quests it makes sense we come across forgotten technologies and secrets and collect weapons we find along the way.

Plus as for letting level 3's face nomad:

That is stupid because it'd make the place a practice arena where noobs could trial quest bosses before they do them for real. Quest bosses are meant to be a challenge and seen nowhere else when you face them during the quest. Plus how would you make that fit lore?

This tower is obviously gonna have some lore tied to how it uses magic to conjure your past foes, which in rs world makes sense. But to conjure future foes you (as a character not a player) have no idea about at all? That's jsut nonsensical.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see the issue with tying things to quests.

The core of runescape, whether you like it or not, is Quests. They tell the story of the game and our character and fill in lore that explains items and people.

Plus people want high end equipment that is untradable so you have to earn it; quest rewards is the logical way to do this. Boss drops would be all well and good, but it'd be one hell of an expensive boss if you can't profit from its unique drops. Plus via quests it makes sense we come across forgotten technologies and secrets and collect weapons we find along the way.

Plus as for letting level 3's face nomad:

That is stupid because it'd make the place a practice arena where noobs could trial quest bosses before they do them for real. Quest bosses are meant to be a challenge and seen nowhere else when you face them during the quest. Plus how would you make that fit lore?

This tower is obviously gonna have some lore tied to how it uses magic to conjure your past foes, which in rs world makes sense. But to conjure future foes you (as a character not a player) have no idea about at all? That's jsut nonsensical.

Not to mention that there are already plenty of weapons and armour sets that require no quest completion to attain. Chaotics require no quests at all to obtain them and they are the strongest weapons in the game. All Gwd equipment can be used without any sort of quest requirement and the Nex gear is again the best in the game.

If anything, they need to put more emphasis on high end quest rewards. I don't understand why for example, players wish for the 'Golden Age' of pking to come back where everyone had the same stuff. What is honestly the point in that? You can argue it is for balance reasons but where is the fun in that? That Kind of balance is boring. There is nothing stopping a player doing quests unless they choose not to train certain skills which is a self imposed barrier not one that has been forced upon someone.

Sylpheed.png

Huge respect for Mod Osborne, you can see he really enjoys his work and is thriven by what he does, really nice to see.

So in the quest, we'll find the body of Elspeth from the new lore piece: The Song from before the war. It will be found in this Saradominist abbey where they'll devote the girl, probably as an Icyne (and look at her statue!). And the music will fully support the quest, which should be amazing. Really, I can't wait!

Looking forward to the quest. I'm glad they've realised that a lot of high level players don't mind these sorts of quests as long as the story is sound and there is at least some sort of additional reward for players who don't benefit from such basic rewards.

Sylpheed.png

http://www.runeforums.com/topic/2053-day-2/

^^ many videos and updates.

Magic slayer dungeon for november

Player kits for Bronze-Dragon Armor

Queen black dragon

Redesigned kalphite queen graphics

Bounty hunter update?

Player owned ports (Like sailing, only not quite)

Runescape olympics (Like the special olympics, only not quite)

Naaxi.png

I used a RuneFest account that had Black Dominion Gloves. They were sand-colored orange with black fists and green particles coming out of them.

I kept on using Barrows Gloves though, as they didn't beat them stat-wise.

Player kits for Bronze-Dragon Armor (customizeable armor graphics)

Queen black dragon

Bounty hunter update?

I'm most excited about this

Queen black dragon

Bounty hunter update?

But the photos clearly says "Kalphite King" and Bounty Hunter Returns

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Queen black dragon

Bounty hunter update?

But the photos clearly says "Kalphite King" and Bounty Hunter Returns

whoops, sry, I'm always in a rush to get this info out earlier :P

bounty hunter returns involves an epic weapon "falling from the sky"

when you kill people in BH, they keep all their gear EXCEPT the epic weapon.

and you run around pking each other to get the epic weapon.

^^ sounds kinda stupid imo.

Naaxi.png

whoops, sry, I'm always in a rush to get this info out earlier :P

bounty hunter returns involves an epic weapon "falling from the sky"

when you kill people in BH, they keep all their gear EXCEPT the epic weapon.

and you run around pking each other to get the epic weapon.

^^ sounds kinda stupid imo.

Sounds like the old lineage II system with the cursed sword. Basically, you randomly found an ubersword that made you attack-able without any penalty by any player, and when you got killed, the winner gets the sword.

crossed_body.png

On POP/Sailing:

you build a port

It's like kingdom of miscellenia. You have a bunch of people working for you.

you try to attract different kinds of captains.

They will go out and find rare resources, which you will use to craft top end equipment for the game.

mod mark defines top end as "from lvl 85 all the way to 99"

You need to pay the captains "lots of money"

The captains will bring the resources back, and you will use your "finishing skills" to make the new equipment.

this is a very early design concept.

note that Mod Chris L wants all gear above nex to be untradeable.

Dungeoneering Sagas 2012

"There is an incredibly powerful force at the bottom of the dungeon"

Bilrach has a very good reason for being in Daemonheim.

im gonna do my best to transcribe the audio again... but once again this is a pain between the shitty microphone on the livestream and mod mark's accent.

"The sagas that we've developed recently, these bite sized stories we've developed within dungeoneering. Ultimately, those sagas are going to introduce you to Floor 61. Now floor 61 is where this powerful force is. Anyone got an idea who that might be?"

Audience: Zaros

"Who?"

Audience: Zaros

"Zaros? Maybe? Anyone else? Anyone else beginning with a Z?"

Audience: Zamorak

"Well... [audio cuts out here, i think he said (there you are!)]"

Audience: Applause

Naaxi.png

On POP/Sailing:

you build a port

It's like kingdom of miscellenia. You have a bunch of people working for you.

you try to attract different kinds of captains.

They will go out and find rare resources, which you will use to craft top end equipment for the game.

mod mark defines top end as "from lvl 85 all the way to 99"

You need to pay the captains "lots of money"

The captains will bring the resources back, and you will use your "finishing skills" to make the new equipment.

this is a very early design concept.

note that Mod Chris L wants all gear above nex to be untradeable.

And that sounds the system in place in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, where you pay a cat to go on boat trips to fetch rare materials for you.

crossed_body.png

I'm thinking QBD and KK are gonna be high level versions of KBD and KQ; which would be cool.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm thinking QBD and KK are gonna be high level versions of KBD and KQ; which would be cool.

They sure look the part. But if the Kalphite Queen is already the third (?) most difficult boss to kill efficiently, how will the Kalphite King not suck balls?

Depends what the mechanics are, its only really praying tht nerfs up kq efficiency (her praying tht is)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They sure look the part. But if the Kalphite Queen is already the third (?) most difficult boss to kill efficiently, how will the Kalphite King not suck balls?

Well the KK and KQ should live together - Same room? Lair? Same for KBD QBD. About time they put them in thou, Its not like its been 7 Years to slow to add them. Interested in what thier drops could be thou, More dragon specific items? I dont know whats left thou.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.