Royal Rhinos and New Seasonal Hiscores

Miss Lioness

Whats wrong with catering to one section of players over another?

Well, the Elf City is supposed to be inclusive of all things, skilling, combat, PVM, and what not. Hence, it seems silly to favour just skillers. If it was merely a skilling city, well, then it might make some sense, but it isn't.

Would be a lot better if they got rid of the need for the Elf Crystal Amulet completely. Currently it's biased towards skillers, since PVM'ers and combat people need other ammies.

you mean the 2.2% crit wasn't a moderate combat bonus to those hunting motherlode shards on slayer tasks? Why I never...

As I mentioned above, slayer isn't the only area impacted by this. Some of us do other stuff like high level PVM, such as Vorago/ROTS, where one likes to have as much DPS as possible (I have considered bringing Elf switches but it's way too annoying). Also, you can't use Bonecrusher/DemonHorn (unless you want to switch) on slayer, either. That's annoying.Then there's Dungeoneering. 

in news that nobody noticed, they split the trollheim and gwd teles because they figured out that people use both of them for different reasons

Unless of course you have done livid farm and then plain old trollheim was a redundant spell made somewhat useful by the swap to gwd location.

Old Trollheim spell is still useful for 2 hard clue coordinations.

True but it wasn't exactly the end of the world to reverse run from GWD or troll herb patch to the cords seeing as they are something you aren't likely to get all that often.

It wasn't the end of the world, but it was annoying, and it made a useful quest reward somewhat less useful. 

Would be a lot better if they got rid of the need for the Elf Crystal Amulet completely. Currently it's biased towards skillers, since PVM'ers and combat people need other ammies.

you mean the 2.2% crit wasn't a moderate combat bonus to those hunting motherlode shards on slayer tasks? Why I never...

Most of my slaying involves Demonhorn Necklace & Bonecrusher - so, in that respect, I agree with Yoko that it is slighly biased towards skillers.

Bearing in mind I've got less than 4m xp to go for my 120 Slayer Cape I'm not changing how I slay to max the production of motherlode shards.

the_lad_1.png

They really should just change it to work when held in inventory as well as when worn.

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Seems balanced enough for me. You get a long term bonus from using it. You have to make the choice about if you want short term or long term benefits

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Seems balanced enough for me. You get a long term bonus from using it. You have to make the choice about if you want short term or long term benefits

I'm definitely not going to argue it's not balanced (I agree, that idea is nonsense), but it is rather annoying at times.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I think the way it functions is certainly balanced, but that does not mean it isn't biased.

In the vast majority of skilling situations the necklace slot is of 0 use, or negligible use (e.g. rabbit foot) where as in combat the necklace slot is highly used which does slightly bias it towards skillers seeing as they can use it to no detriment.

But then again as its about the skills the quest needs I don't think that bias is necessarily an issue, though the inability to use it with dg when dg is one of the skills is a bias I think is an issue.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whike i see a point in it needing some accomodation, which is clearly has, i think it is fairly balanced for a promotional piece of content. The amount of work it would take to mirror item stats might not be such a large project (think about using keepsake keys, but using the crystal amulet on an amulet of fury). The issue at hand is undermining one of the core concepts of the game: player choice. You have the choice to partake in content, but you have to choose one over the other.

I think a lot of people have this completionist cape mentality. If my cape can have all this functionality then why cant i seem to get this kind of treatment using other items.

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

But the thing is, if you choose to do combat then you have to sacrifice short term benefits for long term benefits, but if you skill instead then you don't have to since you never really need anything in the neck slot when skilling.
  • Like 1

Except this 'choice' is restricted only to people who do combat/slayer/PVM/dungeoneering. Skillers can just pop on their amulet without the loss of anything (since they don't need amulets for things usually), while the other group has to actually do a cost-benefit analysis. How is this balanced? It's clearly biased towards skillers.

And I asked why that's a bad thing. The goal of the amulet was to assist players towards achieving requirements for plagues end. The only skill it doesn't help from that list is dg which is easy enough to get from 1 to 75 in a quarter of a year.

Tranquil.png

And I asked why that's a bad thing. The goal of the amulet was to assist players towards achieving requirements for plagues end. The only skill it doesn't help from that list is dg which is easy enough to get from 1 to 75 in a quarter of a year.

The motherlode shards, elder seeds, etc. aren't there to assist you in achieving reqs for plague's end, you get that from rubbing the amulet daily for crystal bxp shards.

I guess I'm just confused on the problem. You need 10 of these shards to claim one reward. That's roughly ten hours. It's not a big deal to just use your better amulet

Tranquil.png

What I meant was - use Dg necklaces and such, you'll get more out of them in the long run since it takes 10 hours to get one motherlode reward.

• Like 1

Tranquil.png

What I meant was - use Dg necklaces and such, you'll get more out of them in the long run since it takes 10 hours to get one motherlode reward.

Maybe, but if it was possibly to get both the effects of crystal pendant + the effects of whatever strongest amulet you have, then you would be able to get the more out of it in the long run from your strongest amulet while also being able to get the motherlode rewards (which we don't know what they are yet iirc, they mentioned something like Cwars tickets, champion srolls, etc. but then removed those from the table since people thought that was overpowered.)

The point being that if you do combat you have to choose between better stats or motherlode rewards while skilling doesn't have to make that choice.

Unless they did say what all the rewards would be, then if it's possible to get all of those before the Elf City comes out by doing combat and using your strongest amulets instead of the crystal one, then sure.

come to think of it, why are rhino conservationists in a game where there are two skills specifically dedicated to the genocide of all creatures for profit, and even death himself is preparing to offer bounties on the largest, rarest beasts

not to mention i think the elder god matter is a bit more pressing

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg