Soul Reaper

Miss Lioness

The Vorago FC has been dead for at least 6 months, unless this update revived it.  I've never heard of a ROTS FC that wasn't a leech where they charged you 20M.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The Vorago FC has been dead for at least 6 months, unless this update revived it.  I've never heard of a ROTS FC that wasn't a leech where they charged you 20M.

"Charles" fc might be of some assistance. He helps people get the kills assuming he has friends online willing to help. It might be hard to find kills with him sometimes. I had to wait 2 days for my Rots kill and about 2 more days for my Vorago kill.

He usually does 10-man rago kills. Himself and 3 experienced friends, with 6 "newbies". With rots he takes 3 experienced and 1 newbie. So you can understand why kills can be slow at times. It all depends on whether or not he has friends online, and which "boss" has higher demand on that day.

I'm not sure how long his fc is still going to be running.

As an alternative "Rago PvM" is the most active Rago fc i found that doesn't have top tier gear requirements. For them you need t80/90 Powergear with t80 weapons or t90 weapons with Ports/t80 Powergear. Their masses can go bigger than 10-man. I did a kill with them too.

For people who need KK/Nex kills there are two FCs with low requirements. I think they only require Chaotics with Ports/t80 Powergear (GWD armour might be acceptable, i can't remember).

LS KK 247

LS Nex 247

EDIT: I should add that probably a big portion of the people complaining about the kills being requirements have little or no experience with the bosses at all. They just assume it's hard/impossible based on the gear requirements set by other players. Neither rago nor rots were difficult (at all). Rago was a bit stressful for me due to a few missclicks and people dying left and right, but i finished the kill with more than a few Rocktails. On my Rots kill i used maybe 15 Rocktails, if that. For both of them i assumed that i was going to have to use every defensive ability i could, use up all my food, and shield camp for half the kill. On neither of them that turned out to be the case. I think a lot of people don't realise that these bosses are easier than they think. 

Teachingrots and riseofthe6, in addition to Charles are all learning fcs for rots; they don't always host teaching kills though, they like doing some normal ones too. I'm kind of hopping between all of them. Did some attempts w/ one of them but the other side kept failing. I want 1 for comp ofc, but it is a boss I've wanted to learn, and title chasing is another bonus.

As a guy who sells leech kills...

leech your kills if any of the following are the case:

1.  You hate bossing and want to get your requirement through as quickly as possible.

2.  You don't have any friends with skill at pvm content and have an aversion to collaborating with new people.

3.  You have some sort of physical disability or sufficient computer/network problems that prevent you from being able to complete boss content.  (Note:  it's possible to complete pvm content with a considerably worse connection than you might think.  I got my first dozen or so Araxxor kills on a 3G mobile hotspot in Africa that would disconnect mid-kill pretty consistently.  I also did quite a few rots kills on this connection, but I was learning Araxxor from scratch so that's more relevant.)

Otherwise, I suggest you go ahead and try your hand at the content.  It's not day of release anymore.  There are abundant videos and livestreams of all these bosses, and you might actually enjoy doing them.  The first time or two you loot the chest at Rise of the Six will pay for all your deaths there.  Jagex is trying to shift the game towards pvm content because they believe that pvm content is one of the more enjoyable aspects of eoc gameplay.  

un → en
t

• Like 1

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I wouldnt call anyone who couldnt kill all the bosses a 'completionist'. The word in essence defines someone who has successfully attempted everything the game has to offer. Don't expect to deserve the best cape in the game just based on XP, there is a max cape for that.

• Like 3

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I don't even know why Compers (including people in my clan), the sort that are mostly skillers and don't do any PVM or do very little even care about losing their comps all the time. I care somewhat but only because my Comp Cape has better stats than Max Cape, has the Spirit Cape, has the teleports, and can pick up my arrows/bolts - that's about it. If I was someone, like many of these people are, who sit at burthrope cooking/firemaking, or training whatever skill to 120, Comp would be the least of my worries - I don't think I'd need it for cooking or whatever.

• Like 1

I don't even know why Compers (including people in my clan), the sort that are mostly skillers and don't do any PVM or do very little even care about losing their comps all the time. I care somewhat but only because my Comp Cape has better stats than Max Cape, has the Spirit Cape, has the teleports, and can pick up my arrows/bolts - that's about it. If I was someone, like many of these people are, who sit at burthrope cooking/firemaking, or training whatever skill to 120, Comp would be the least of my worries - I don't think I'd need it for cooking or whatever.

But then we won't look as pretty in particles as we skill! /s

Only skilling I do is whatever combat xp I get from bossing.

On the topic of leeching, apparently there's a chat that's 10m. Might need to lower your price :p

As far as group bosses go, there are things I dislike. I don't mind them in the case of Kk, Nex, where someone can pull their weight regardless of the others, but when it comes to Vorago and Rots, where someone screwing up either directly hurts/kills you (Rago reflect) or severely hinders how well you do (getting piled by all 6 brothers when the other side dies and then consequently dying). There's a reason I enjoy nex/kk and have stayed away from the others. My attempts at Rago to learn it through the mass resulted in more deaths than success. Why? Killed on reflect. Hence I gave up for a few months. I know death is inevitable while learning, but everyone has their limit. There's only so much stupidity and incompetence causing my deaths that I can handle at a time.

I wouldnt call anyone who couldnt kill all the bosses a 'completionist'. The word in essence defines someone who has successfully attempted everything the game has to offer. Don't expect to deserve the best cape in the game just based on XP, there is a max cape for that.

But of course comp cape, sans this req, is by no means JUST about xp - anyone who thinks that is the case is deluded to what is actually required to get the cape.

Yes you need all your 99s and 120 dg, but you also need all quests, all the tasks, all the songs, many pieces of side content to do with lore etc. etc.

Also by your own definition people with comp cape who can't kill some bosses HAVE in some form or other attempted to - you have to visit them all in order to unlock all the music tracks. That req ensured people had to try the pvm things in some respect or other, requiring an actual kill just means people who are bad at or dislike like pvm are suddenly locked out from the cape unless they want to drop excessive millions on leech kills.

It's not even like comp sans this req, or at least sans the top two team bosses as most want, is letting people who haven't tried to fight stuff at all get it. You still have to have beaten fight caves and the myriad of quest bosses - many several times over courtesy of the dominion tower.

I personally am in solid agreement with the cause that the group bosses (meaning rots and rago as a minimum) should *not* be on plain comp cape. Comp cape shouldn't depend on buying a leech or having good twitch pvm skill friends - it should be about what you personally can do alone. Rago and Rots were put on trim reqs and not plain reqs in the first place for a reason after all. And what makes this whole mess worse is they openly acknowledge not everyone can do group bosses - they put in a toggle to stop kk, nex, rago and rots being assigned for that exact reason.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I personally am in solid agreement with the cause that the group bosses (meaning rots and rago as a minimum) should *not* be on plain comp cape. Comp cape shouldn't depend on buying a leech or having good twitch pvm skill friends - it should be about what you personally can do alone. Rago and Rots were put on trim reqs and not plain reqs in the first place for a reason after all. And what makes this whole mess worse is they openly acknowledge not everyone can do group bosses - they put in a toggle to stop kk, nex, rago and rots being assigned for that exact reason.

Why? Why does it need to be only about what you can accomplish on your own? This is a M*M*ORPG after all, some aspects are multiplayer. True not everyone has the patience for group bosses, but that can be applied to anything or any comp req. Not everyone has the patience for DG for instance, or for Livid Farm (I nearly didn't).

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that most online multiplayer games always have a few achievements/trophies that require you to interact with other players in some form or another, whether it's co-op, pvp, or something else. To "complete" these games (unlocking all achievements, etc.) also often requires some form or skill and/or luck. It's an imperative part of any online multiplayer game. It separate those who can, from those who can't. Those who were willing to learn and adjust, from those who are unwilling to try. 

Finally, @Sy, i find your reasoning to be pisspoor. 

"And what makes this whole mess worse is they openly acknowledge not everyone can do group bosses - they put in a toggle to stop kk, nex, rago and rots being assigned for that exact reason." 

Anyone CAN do group bosses. Not everyone WANTS to do group bosses. If you're at the stage where you're complaining about a boss kill for a comp requirement chances are you are close to being comped and have access to Ports armour and Chaotics. All of which is sufficient to kill any boss in Runescape. If you're having trouble finding a team, no one and nothing is stopping you from hosting your own "event". I'm certain that the interest will be overwhelming.

Soul Reaper was not released exclusively for players who are maxed/comped. It wasn't released exclusively for players aiming to be maxed/comped. I don't see why they have to be subjected to the same standards as the people who are maxed/comped or at least aiming to be.

I have to admit, when they first announced the requirement I was extremely against it. However, now I'm more indifferent than anything. It'snot like you have to have a completionist cape. I'm just going without it for a few weeks/months/years until i feel like going to buy a vorago leech. No big deal. Slayer without comp isn't really much worse, just swap to max/ava/god; honestly the worst part of using another cape is not being able to monastery teleport lol.

Just because something was once trim req doesn't mean it can be changed into a reg comp req. Just look at dominion tower. Trim for a year, then reg comp with desert tasks.

Do the requirements or just go without the cape. There's other capes out there. 120 slay <3.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Why? Why does it need to be only about what you can accomplish on your own? This is a M*M*ORPG after all, some aspects are multiplayer. True not everyone has the patience for group bosses, but that can be applied to anything or any comp req. Not everyone has the patience for DG for instance, or for Livid Farm (I nearly didn't).

Multiplayer =/= Team-Based online game. We have DotA, TF2, CoD, etc for that crap. People mostly play MMORPG's as single-players who immerse in a mutliple-user environment. 

Popoto.~<3

Because there is a line.

Yes this is a multiplayer game, but it is not a TEAM game.

The game as a whole does not require you to play as a unified well functioning team where 1 person messing up ruins it for everyone.

It is a multiplayer game where you, for the most part, do your own thing how you want when you want with no impact on other people - they are just there to interact with as you see fit.

Rots and Rago require specifically talented teams and 1 weak link can ruin it for everyone - not everyone has access to that. Some people don't have a lot of in-game friends, some people have friends who are equally bad at pvm.

I'm not against team work being a component - nex, kk, corp, minigames all require a team to accomplish.

I'm against it requiring content that is locked to very organised and unified players working in tight union where one person being less good can ruin it for all.

It's the difference between playing with others but still accomplishing something because of what you did and playing with others where their playing directly impacts the outcome for you. The later being Rago and Rots where 1 bad pvm friend can mean the difference between you being able to get comp or not.

It's not about patience or how much you try - it is about the fact whether you beat the boss or not is beyond your control and unless you happen to have a good pvm friend group it can mean you literally cannot do it through no fault of your own.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@Tim

RS is like the furthest thing from a team-based online game, sure, but that doesn't magically prevent it from having team-based elements or components.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have to admit, when they first announced the requirement I was extremely against it. However, now I'm more indifferent than anything. It'snot like you have to have a completionist cape. I'm just going without it for a few weeks/months/years until i feel like going to buy a vorago leech. No big deal. Slayer without comp isn't really much worse, just swap to max/ava/god; honestly the worst part of using another cape is not being able to monastery teleport lol.

Just because something was once trim req doesn't mean it can be changed into a reg comp req. Just look at dominion tower. Trim for a year, then reg comp with desert tasks.

Do the requirements or just go without the cape. There's other capes out there. 120 slay <3.

To add on to this, I was also one of the skill-oriented completionist capers that was opposed to this update at first mention. I followed the development of the update to see if they were going to change the requirement, and once I realized they weren't going to, I realized I had to take action.

It may take everyone who doesn't want to boss out of their comfort zone but I can assure you it really isn't that hard. The only boss hunting I had done before hearing about the requirement was 4 man Bandos GWD in 2010 and it only took me a combined time of around 4-5 hours to kill every boss newly required for comp with this update once, using no T90 gear except for Drygores and learning from scratch (reading guides beforehand though). For Vorago I used a mass with a lot of other inexperienced players and for RotS I went with 3 friends who had gotten their only successful kill literally minutes before (after 10-20 attempts). Nex and KK you can easily brute force with enough people who barely know what they're doing. And I can guarantee that around this time there will be no problem finding massive numbers of people who also want to do these bosses.

This update does add more time required to the completionist cape, but it's a different sort of time. Most completionist cape content (i.e. Livid Farm) takes physical time (gaining points, XP, or progressing through quests) whereas this update takes much more time spent learning than it does actually doing. I'm glad we finally have another requirement like this, as (clearly visible from the last day of feedback) it separates those who have truly mastered the game from those who haven't.

A tangential but relevant what-if: If Soul Reaper was out before the release of completionist cape and the current requirement was a requirement on release of the cape there would be a LOT less complaining. Just because it came out now over 3 years after the completionist cape people feel entitled to say that the completionist cape should be a certain way and only include a certain set of requirements. It's not impossible to change your playstyle to incorporate more elements of the game (including socializing for the purpose of PvM) if you want to say you've truly mastered it. 

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

I dont even understand how this thread turned into "how dare I have to deal with other players in an MMO" emphasis on the second M. Its not like back in the old days where everyone was forced to COMPETE for mining spots etc. Lrn2killbosses or Lrn2nothavecomp. that simple

• Like 1

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

@TimRS is like the furthest thing from a team-based online game, sure, but that doesn't magically prevent it from having team-based elements or components.

5 reads before realized not @me

• Like 2

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Because there is a line.

Yes this is a multiplayer game, but it is not a TEAM game.

The game as a whole does not require you to play as a unified well functioning team where 1 person messing up ruins it for everyone.

It is a multiplayer game where you, for the most part, do your own thing how you want when you want with no impact on other people - they are just there to interact with as you see fit.

Rots and Rago require specifically talented teams and 1 weak link can ruin it for everyone - not everyone has access to that. Some people don't have a lot of in-game friends, some people have friends who are equally bad at pvm.

I'm not against team work being a component - nex, kk, corp, minigames all require a team to accomplish.

I'm against it requiring content that is locked to very organised and unified players working in tight union where one person being less good can ruin it for all.

It's the difference between playing with others but still accomplishing something because of what you did and playing with others where their playing directly impacts the outcome for you. The later being Rago and Rots where 1 bad pvm friend can mean the difference between you being able to get comp or not.

It's not about patience or how much you try - it is about the fact whether you beat the boss or not is beyond your control and unless you happen to have a good pvm friend group it can mean you literally cannot do it through no fault of your own.

Having to rely on people, and having the team be dependent on the weakest link (the old adage "you're only as good as the weakest link") is an aspect of team play and nothing unique. So that's hardly some 'line'. Functioning as a cohesive unit is a part of teamplay. Yes, Runescape isn't exclusively a team game, but team events have long been an aspect of the game, and for the completionist cape to reflect that is not prima facie wrong or irrational.

Also for both Rago and Rots, it is possible to finish the kill even if (multilple) people on your team die. Currently there are even masses operating for Rago who will take any and all noobs and actually get you a kill for free, and even teach you. There are FCs that will actually teach you how to Rots, with lots of people in them, for free. So the old excuse, "I can't find a team, and all the ones on the forums won't take me unless I have T90 gear and loads of experience" is no longer relevant. It is a matter of patience. It's in fact only a matter of patience. You can either go with a bunch of noob friends and you can all learn together and eventually after enough tries you will the kill, or you can go to masses. It's literally a matter of practice. You keep trying, watching guides, fixing your mistakes, you will get the kill. Yes, you are dependent on other people - if you end up with some shitty team or someone who keeps messing up, I suppose you won't get your cape, but you can always go with other people or improve. There is no reason why team activities which require patience and for everyone to be cohesive and on the same page and not screw up are somehow inherently unworthy of Comp requirements.

"I just can't do it no matter how hard I try" is just not a realistic excuse. There are plenty of options.

Has anyone with a jad task tried doing kiln for it? The RSOwiki listing the assignment number of that as 1-3 seems odd if kiln jads don't count, even if they are technically different.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Has anyone with a jad task tried doing kiln for it? The RSOwiki listing the assignment number of that as 1-3 seems odd if kiln jads don't count, even if they are technically different.

They count, did it last night

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I can see the problems that people have with this update, but I actually like it. I think its a cool concept that does need a little tweaking here and there, such as adapting their stance on leeching. That ruins the aspect of a group boss and I personally won't be doing it. 

As for the ROTS side of things, I managed to get a kill thanks to people in HYT. Its not as difficult as it seems, though it probably will take you a few tries. But if someone with my boss hunting level can do it without leeching or anything like that, pretty sure anyone could.

The main issue I think people have with this requirement is that its going to take time to do it. And a lot of people just want it instantly.

the "people are lazy" argument wears very thin when i am old enough to recognize that there are design flaws in the game pertaining to effort versus reward and the motivations for performing tasks become twisted beyond what their original role was meant to be

if you need to line your game's features with superficial bait in order to get people to use them, doesn't that say something about the game?

the comp cape's benefits have almost nothing to do with beating any bosses besides the one that grants items related to it

you could own all of the individual components of it for months and still be unable to use any of them together, due to an artificial barrier that says "you're only worthy of being able to use things you already own, together, once you jump through these hoops"

i like the concept of the comp cape, but the way it holds actual benefits hostage (instead of being just a prestige item) just encourages more of the same bullshit that makes rs so toxic

8f14270694.jpg

the comp cape's benefits have almost nothing to do with beating any bosses besides the one that grants items related to it

you could own all of the individual components of it for months and still be unable to use any of them together, due to an artificial barrier that says "you're only worthy of being able to use things you already own, together, once you jump through these hoops"

i like the concept of the comp cape, but the way it holds actual benefits hostage (instead of being just a prestige item) just encourages more of the same bullshit that makes rs so toxic

Comp's benefits are not supposed to be related to the requirements needed for it. It's a prestige item with various benefits assuming you meet the requirements. It's not and was never supposed to reward you with abilities related to its requirements. It's also an all-or-nothing reward. You either meet the requirements to get it and get all the rewards, or you don't. It is not an Achievement Diary (where you can just do the sections you like get those rewards only). Some reward systems are all-or-nothing, others are such that you can choose to partially complete them and gain some of the rewards. Both are valid systems. I don't see any need to change that.