Grouping System & Balthazar's Big Raffle Begins

Miss Lioness

Any word on Jagex fixing the lobby freezes/client freezes that have been affecting thousands of players since Barb Assault update?

Only real update was a suggestion to increase available memory (if using client):

-----------------------------------

Updated @ 3pm GMT, 1st September

-----------------------------------

Hi all,

Something that we have noticed is that a lot of people posting are using the downloadable client so I would like people to try something that may help. Because it is the downloadable client that means we can change the amount of memory allocated to the RuneScape client. However, raising this too far for your machine may cause the client to crash so please make sure your computer has plenty of free memory to start with.

If you are running a Windows 7 or 8 machine with 4gig of RAM then you should be safe to make the change I’m about to suggest.

1. Search for a file on your machine called runescape.prm and open it. This should be located in C:\Users\{account_name}\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\runescape\

2. In the runescape.prm file there is a line that should read -Xmx384m

3. Change the 3 to 5 so it should now read –Xmx584m

4. Save the file.

5. This will increase the allocated memory by 200mb.

6. Once that is done open the game and play as per usual.

Please let us know if:

a) It made no difference (you may notice smoother game play in busy areas anyway).

b) You still had the issue but it seemed to take longer to happen.

c) It cured it totally.

d) If you find the change has made your client unstable or the issue even worse then just refollow the above steps and change the number back to -Xmx384m or reinstall the client.

Please make sure you actually tell us if this is the case. Your feedback is very important to helping us solve this issue.

Cheers,

Mod Noldor

Senior Technical QA Engineer

inb4 edited for readability

• Like 1

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

it's kind of hard to take them seriously when they know that people with gaming rigs are also having the same issues

From my personal experience I have problems with the freezing on my laptop but not my desktop (desktop a lot more powerful, can run game on high 50 fps virtually anywhere vs. laptop that only gets 50 fps on low/med in nearly empty areas). So in some cases specs might have something to do with it.

I have a similar experience with my old/new laptop.  When I tried the procedure to allocate more memory (some time ago), it failed though...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Was anyone in F2P actually able to get the grouping system to work for joining a public group?  Everyone I've talked with has said that it just puts you in a group by yourself (and this has been my experience as well).

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

it's kind of hard to take them seriously when they know that people with gaming rigs are also having the same issues

From my personal experience I have problems with the freezing on my laptop but not my desktop (desktop a lot more powerful, can run game on high 50 fps virtually anywhere vs. laptop that only gets 50 fps on low/med in nearly empty areas). So in some cases specs might have something to do with it.

Update on this; I just did an hour at sara GWD freezeless on my laptop after increasing the memory amount as described. Yesterday I attempted to do bandos GWD and got 2 freezes within ~15 mins, prompting me to quit. Granted it's a different boss but with the same amount of monsters in each instance and basically the same environment maybe increasing memory makes a difference. Also used 2 different worlds (w1 for bandos, w92 for sara) as some people are speculating it may only affect certain worlds.

I'm having the zoomed out camera glitch instead, somehow.

Im getting that too. A couple days ago i was getting the dcs and screen freezes too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BE AWARE

65084fcb32.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'm having the zoomed out camera glitch instead, somehow.

Same & it's stopping me qh'ing as I can't change screen when I re-log into combat areas

I've been able to fix the camera glitch by pressing the little padlock icon to unlock and then relock my interfaces. Well, temporarily fix, it returns the next time I log in.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I have Windows 8 and 8 GB RAM. I wonder what I should do. :(

And the lobby freezes are back for me. :(

Did you ever try updating the file as suggested previously? I get the impression that the line "If you are running a Windows 7 or 8 machine with 4gig of RAM then you should be safe to make the change I’m about to suggest." should say "AT LEAST 4gig of RAM" the reason being that it gives you a larger amount of RAM to allocate as you want. Since you have 8gig then you should also be safe to try it(if you haven't yet)

maraxussig4.png

Have they discussed a solution for mac other than getting a pc?

the lag is annoying

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~