[29-6-15] Hero's Welcome | Summer Beach Party

Leik

Does anyone have a transcript for V's book of the gods?

[hide]

Chapter 1

Soon I will return to my homeland. From what I have learned it is more than in need of my guidance. The god wars have begun again and Guthix has fallen. Much as i respect him I now can see that his passive stance has brought nothing but corruption and collapse. I should have returned sooner and persuaded him to turn his powers to heroic endeavour, but I will not be an oathbreaker, not even for that.

From what i can see from this distance it appears that my world and people face dire threats. Not only has that sanctimonious preacher Saradomin appeared, but some upstart called Sliske has goaded the gods into some sort of grotesque display of force. In addition I can tell a perfect jewel like Gielinor will soon draw the attention of outsiders. That brutal monster, Tuska, will not ignore this prize for long. Nor will the Queen of Ashes waste time recruiting the downtrodden to her infernal cause. I can even feel the tendrils of Xau-Tak have already taken root somewhere on the world. All of these taints will need to be cleansed away!

Before I begin I must set forth my plan for how to defend my people, and the people of the world

Chapter 2

Firstly I will need to work on the quality of the mortals available. Even the Fremennik have become indolent and lazy compared to the heroes of old. A return to the old way, coupled with a harsh training regime will soon put a stop to this. The Moon Clan will need to switch from contemplation to warrior magics, as well. I feel confident that many of them will become competent warrior-mages as a result.

Recruitment will not be too much of a  problem. I will first start with the goblin races. My personal strength coupled with a mercy they are not used to experiencing will win me many converts. The ogres and trolls may take more work, but I can steer this world's heroes towards eliminating any competition.

As the god wars continue it will not be too hard to find further material for building my army. The dispossessed and vengeful can make a good addition to my forces.

Chapter 3

I will also need to form a coalition of lesser gods to oppose the bigger players in this game. This has worked on multiple occasions before and will serve me well again. As the higher-tier gods tear themselves apart they will leave chances to strike. I and my companions will take these chances.

To bring these other gods on my side I will need to employ trickery and statesmanship. Pulling the forces of a larger god into conflict with the reluctant will provide them little opportunity to refuse joining forces with me. By leading from the front I will secure their friendship and trust.

With these two weapons at my disposal I should be able to enact a more fitting version of Guthix's plan. The gods will be swept from the world, sadly including my allies. I will of course need to fake my death at the hands of the last to be destroyed, but my 'death' will fuel my final victory. I will of course need to think of a new version of the 'carry on my legacy, my people' speech.

Chapter 4

With luck this will leave behind a world free from gods, filled with heroes unbound by the decadence of the present civilization. This wil leave me free to journey elsewhere before my wanderlust becomes too great. Much as I would like to install myself as a permenant resident of my homeworld, this would both go against the spirit of Guthix's ideals and leave many good deeds undone.

By faking my own death I will be free of further requests for aid, other than the most desperate pleas. Returning in a blaze of glory like a risen phoenix appeals to my sense of the dramatic. If I act swiftly enough I may even be able to head off to check the advances of the outer gods.

[/hide]

hm. that's actually kind of close to what i was planning, but i guess now that he's dead for real (it would be difficult for him to fake the events of the quest and none of it really served the purpose he had in mind unless it was specifically to drive you to take down his stalker), i'll continue working with what i was doing before

let's be real, the only way the issue would be resolved with a similar end result would still require a degree of manipulation, since most of the sides are too swept up in their own goals to actually look at the larger picture, except big z, except he's so big picture he can't even get anything done without unnecessary collateral damage. it would have have been significantly easier with v's help, though. some of the godless might have even accidentally helped him without knowing the degree to which he would be plotting.

the only major downside to this plan is that the higher tier gods have a tendency to cause damage to the planet when they explode, but there might be a way to mitigate that. the other thing that i would note is that when you think back to when he's mentioned that he has met many other hero gods, you have to wonder if he ended up getting them all killed.

I'm not so sure it would be difficult to fake. If anything the quests seems to point to a very easy way to fake it. The mirror was duplicating a bunch of things on that island. If he was duplicated its possible that either he or the duplicate was killed while the other remains. The fact that he has experience faking his own death means he could have decided very quickly to take advantage of this. Is it likely, idk, but its possible

• Like 2

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

He still seemed a second best to Zaros. I'm banking on him faking his death

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

no, see, the dragonkin felt relief on killing him, which is kind of a hard thing to fake

the only things in favor of that V having been a duplicate is that the corruption that occurred from absorbing that power might have been caused by channeling power from a clone, but it raises the question as to how V would have figured out what was happening quickly enough to take advantage of the situation and then make the duplicate of himself agree to the plan because duplicates appear to be almost mindless and incapable of doing much besides standing there spinning circles in their mind

8f14270694.jpg

true, but V at that time wasn't doing s whole lot of anything but standing around

[hide=]Don't forget that everybody thought Zaros was dead, he just pulled an outerbody experience while Zamorak gained some more power...

Honestly, I feel like Crazy eyes right now...[/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Or he allied himself with the Kin? We all know there is a difference between a False User and a Stone Toucher. From what we know he was only ever the latter. The idea one would chase him for so long doesn't make sense.

There was a point to this, but I seem to have lost it.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Beach party! :D

Unlocked some rewards already.

WILDERLAND FROM 2006-2014 RIP

2u5xfeq.png

The dark one will take your soul

MINING GOLDS MEMBER SINCE 2013

true, but V at that time wasn't doing s whole lot of anything but standing around

if you talk to him, he will talk to you at length about himself, in great detail, and this is the only point in time where you get to do so, which the game doesn't even foreshadow, so you're outta luck if you decide to help him before asking him to tell you some stories

this is not something a dumb clone would be able to do

it is also very unlikely that he could have been able to create a passable duplicate of himself with half of his power because cloning a god isn't like cloning a tree or person

Or he allied himself with the Kin? We all know there is a difference between a False User and a Stone Toucher. From what we know he was only ever the latter. The idea one would chase him for so long doesn't make sense.

you're grasping here, v is repeatedly throughout the quest referred to as a false user, in fact the kin only acknowledge him with that name, and refuse to call him v or anything else

8f14270694.jpg

if you talk to him, he will talk to you at length about himself, in great detail, and this is the only point in time where you get to do so, which the game doesn't even foreshadow, so you're outta luck if you decide to help him before asking him to tell you some stories

it is also very unlikely that he could have been able to create a passable duplicate of himself with half of his power because cloning a god isn't like cloning a tree or person

The way I see it is..

1. Visit island, talk to V, learn about V, V asks you to divine  energy

2. While diving energy, he makes a copy of himself, and flees

3. When you enter cave after divining, you see the copy. Copy is what dies

4. Speculation now, but the connection to the stone is broken when the clone dies, and real V is now a false user scott free and not connected to the stone anymore, which will explain why the kin feel his death

• Like 1

The way I see it is..

1. Visit island, talk to V, learn about V, V asks you to divine  energy

2. While diving energy, he makes a copy of himself, and flees

3. When you enter cave after divining, you see the copy. Copy is what dies

4. Speculation now, but the connection to the stone is broken when the clone dies, and real V is now a false user scott free and not connected to the stone anymore, which will explain why the kin feel his death

[hide]

We don't even know how the link between the stone and the kin even works. When V died the energy that was supposed to be returned to the stone was kept by a kin yet they still felt the death of a false user. And multiple times in the quest the Kin asks others if they can't sense the change in him which they reply no. So they might not be able sense the energy of the stone itself.

If the Kin are linked to a false user in some other way creating an exact duplicate and having a kin present for its death might be enough to trick the stone.

[/hide]

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

you're grasping here, v is repeatedly throughout the quest referred to as a false user, in fact the kin only acknowledge him with that name, and refuse to call him v or anything else

My point was nothing we ever knew about V showed that he used the Stone outside of the first time he touched it. He also didn't ascend to his god hood from it either.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

So far we know...

When someone touches the stone:

- Part of the person is imprinted on the stone.

- Imprinting allows the dragonkin to know who touched it.

- Imprinting gives off residual energy

When someone uses the stone:

- The person forfiets their soul.

- The person ascends to godhood.

- The dragonkin are driven mad with pain and enraged.

- The dragonkin are empowered to a degree dependant on the ammount syphoned from the stone.

The elder mirror:

- The elder mirror can be used to syphon back the stones energy from the gods, but has an adverse effect on the dragonkin.

- Using the mirror is like a tug of war which means stronger gods may require more than a couple dragonkin using the mirror.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So far we know...

When someone touches the stone:

- Part of the person is imprinted on the stone.

- Imprinting allows the dragonkin to know who touched it.

- Imprinting gives off residual energy

When someone uses the stone:

- The person forfiets their soul.

- The person ascends to godhood.

- The dragonkin are driven mad with pain and enraged.

- The dragonkin are empowered to a degree dependant on the ammount syphoned from the stone.

The elder mirror:

- The elder mirror can be used to syphon back the stones energy from the gods, but has an adverse effect on the dragonkin.

- Using the mirror is like a tug of war which means stronger gods may require more than a couple dragonkin using the mirror.

I actually think the "Elder Mirror" part seemed to apply to any elder artifact. They mentioned that they only used the mirror because it was handy and that others would work.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I don't think all the statements above are true 'facts'

When someone uses the stone their forfeit their soul - doesn't really say this anywhere. Leaving an imprint or part of themselves in the stone does not mean they gave up their whole soul. I mean we do know gods don't go to the afterlife and therefore presumably have no soul, but that is to do with being a god, not touching the stone.

When someone uses the stone the person ascends to godhood - evidence does not point to this. Using the stone CAN result in ascension to godhood, but so can exposure to any of the elder artefacts. Using the stone does not immediately make someone a god - Sliske, Lucien and the player have all used the stone with ascending. And, if memory serves me correctly, the stone was around and used by the Fremmy for a while after V discovered it before the gods nicked it and only V ascended.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When someone uses the stone their forfeit their soul - doesn't really say this anywhere. Leaving an imprint or part of themselves in the stone does not mean they gave up their whole soul. I mean we do know gods don't go to the afterlife and therefore presumably have no soul, but that is to do with being a god, not touching the stone.

When someone uses the stone the person ascends to godhood - evidence does not point to this. Using the stone CAN result in ascension to godhood, but so can exposure to any of the elder artefacts. Using the stone does not immediately make someone a god - Sliske, Lucien and the player have all used the stone with ascending. And, if memory serves me correctly, the stone was around and used by the Fremmy for a while after V discovered it before the gods nicked it and only V ascended.

In a podcast mod osborne talks about death... I think it talks about it in the bird and the worm podcast. He mentions that the gods dont necessarily lose their soul. But the death of a god is so cataclysmic that it obliterates the soul in the process of killing the god.

And in the last quest involving the dragonkin we learn while fighting the shadow of jas that the gods do leave an imprint on the stone.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah, both those titbits agree with what I said.

But the do not agree with your statements that using the stone forfeits your soul or that using the stone means you become a god.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Are you on a glitched world? It should appear promptly at :45 and if it's not there by :50 that means it skipped for some reason :/.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah, both those titbits agree with what I said.

But the do not agree with your statements that using the stone forfeits your soul or that using the stone means you become a god.

Frankly I don't think you become a god from using the stone either. I think 'god' is just a term people (i.e. players and npcs alike) use to describe them. The longer you are in proximity to and use the stone the more power you absorb. I liken the power of the stone to radiation in that it becomes more potent the longer you are exposed to it. So you might use the stone to do some simple magic tricks, but that doesn't put you on Guthix' level. You can touch the stone and not use the power within; that makes you a stone-toucher. You can also touch it and pull the power from within; that makes you a false user. The dragonkin recognize people touch the stone and that doesn't hurt them. Those who touch it and pull from it hurt the dragonkin and thats what bothers them.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

In a podcast mod osborne talks about death... I think it talks about it in the bird and the worm podcast. He mentions that the gods dont necessarily lose their soul. But the death of a god is so cataclysmic that it obliterates the soul in the process of killing the god.

And in the last quest involving the dragonkin we learn while fighting the shadow of jas that the gods do leave an imprint on the stone.

No, they forfeit their souls when they ascend. When gods die, they can either explode (Tumeken), bleed out into the world's energy (Guthix), or have their power absorbed by another, mortal, or channeled elsewhere (Bandos,  Jododu Otoku, Skargaroth, V)

Are you on a glitched world? It should appear promptly at :45 and if it's not there by :50 that means it skipped for some reason :/.

a few glitched, not sure how many, gonna have to change world for next spawn

still glitched, managed to get 4 kills/drop in with hopping luckily 

baileydafrog.png