Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[29-6-15] Hero's Welcome | Summer Beach Party

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Leik

Hero's Welcome | Summer Beach Party

A legendary Fremennik hero-turned-god comes home in style in Hero's Welcome: RuneScape's latest quest!

Head over to Lumbridge Crater, too, and join in the Summer Beach Party.

How to Start Hero's Welcome
Head to Rellekka and speak to the people arguing by the pier.
Requirements
You must be a RuneScape member
Lunar Diplomacy Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
60 Divination 67 Mining
62 Slayer 67 Smithing
All of Otto Godblessed's barbarian training complete
A combat level of at least 100 is recommended
In Hero's Welcome, you'll meet the mighty V – well known to those of you who've finished While Guthix Sleeps - as he returns to his people.

You'll embark on a series of dangerous raids on Dragonkin lairs, and uncover some of their darkest secrets. Be ready for combat, as there'll be plenty of fierce foes to fight, but you'll need brains as well as brawn to succeed.

Rewards

Prevail and you'll earn hearty helpings of XP, better yields when runecrafting, and access to new areas containing bane ore and adamant dragons. There's also a repeatable boss fight, which can drop new throwing weapons and a tradeable level 75 cape.

Summer Beach Party

The Summer Beach Party is in full swing, making Lumbridge Crater the place to be until the end of August!

Activities

Head to the beach party and take a look around. It's the ideal place to relax with your friends, take part in your favourite D&Ds via the portal hub, and enjoy some sun-soaked activities – plus pick up some unique rewards.

• Fight Clawdia: At 45 past every hour, killer crustacean Clawdia will spawn at the crater in the middle of the beach party. Her damage scales to your life points, so everyone can dive in and help drive her back.
  • Build sandcastles: Follow the clues given to you by the nearby visitors and build the right castles for Construction XP.
  • Fish at the rock pools: Cast a line, kick back and get some Fishing XP while you're at it. Drop off the fish at the barbecues for extra XP.
  • Bust out the barbecue: Hit the barbecue stands and earn Cooking XP.
  • Pick coconuts: Gather coconuts from the palm trees for Farming XP, then deposit them at the coconut shy for extra XP.
  • Try the coconut shy: Test your skill at the coconut shy and earn Ranged XP.
More activities are coming over the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the news!
Every 15 minutes one of the XP-giving activities will be spotlighted, and it will yield +10% XP. Note that Ironman players earn 50% less XP for participating in beach activities.

You can keep earning XP until your temperature gauge fills up completely, although this can be reset up to three times a day by consuming ice creams.

Rewards

First up, there are a number of handy items that you can earn by fighting Clawdia and participating in other beach activities:
  • Ice cream: This tradeable item resets a full temperature gauge to 0. You can use up to three per day.
  • Anti-sun potion: Also tradeable, this item gives a +5% boost to any XP earned on the beach – that includes beach activities and any other training done there. The effect lasts for 24 hours (real time, not time spent logged in).
  • Cocktails: These come in four fruity flavours, each boosting XP gain in a different group of skills – combat, artisan, gathering and support. By drinking more of the same type, you can stack the XP boost up to 10%. The effect lasts for 30 minutes of logged-in time.
You can get these items from fighting Clawdia, from participating in the various beach activities, and by handing in a beach party ticket from the recent Summer Raffle.

There's also a rare chance to get a tradeable token that can be redeemed for one of several new beach items. These include cosmetic weapons and headgear, emotes and more:
  • Bunting whip
  • Stick of rock
  • Throwing starfish
  • Snorkel
  • Bucket head
  • Clawdia hat
  • Dragon ring
  • Buried in Sand resting animation
  • Surfboard emote
  • Beach ball
  • Throwing disc
There'll be new additions to the available items over the coming weeks – we'll let you know in the news.

Note that the tokens will automatically become untradeable at the end of this year.

These items can also be purchased from the vendors around the beach for RuneCoins, as can challenge gems, dwarven challenge barrels, party packs and masterwork music boxes.

Finally, there's a bunch of secret rewards available for fulfilling certain conditions on the beach. Have fun discovering them!

Seasonal Hiscore Reruns

There'll be one-off reruns of old Seasonal Hiscores, held weekly from 1st July. Here's when you can compete to unlock some of RuneScape's most sought-after titles:
  • 1st July: Clue scrolls | the Puzzle Hunter
  • 8th July: Red imp kills | Slayer of Imps
  • 15th July: Life points healed | Piggy
  • 22nd July: Stealing Creation reward points | Master of Clay
  • 29th July: Slayer Tower kills | , Scion of Viggora
  • 5th August: Chronicle Fragments offered | Chroniclator
  • 12th August: Fun weapon damage to K'ril | Slapsaroth
  • 19th August: Dominion Tower: Endurance mode | Ruler of the Tower
  • 26th August: Wilderness PvP kills | Scourge of the Wild
  • 2nd September: Herbs grown | the Gardener
  • 9th September: Solo complexity 6 dungeons | the Delver
  • 16th September: Solo Zilyana kills | Zilyana's Bane
  • 7th October: Deaths | The Late
  • 14th October: Undead kills | Undertaker
Live Streams this Week

Each week we stream developer Q&As, in-game events and more. Watch our streams and find a full streaming schedule over on our Twitch channel.

Check our YouTube channel, too, for recap videos of streams you may have missed – including last week's Raids teaser!

Developer Q&A - Invention Special | 16:00 UTC, Tuesday 30th June

Mods Osborne, Stu, Kelpie, James and Pi will be on the sofa this week to answer all your questions about our new elite skill: Invention! You can find out more about it in Mod Timbo's Dev Blog.

Ask your questions on the forums, on Reddit, or on Twitter using the hashtag #RSDevQA.

Beach Party Happy Hour | 20:00 UTC, Tuesday 30th June

Summer is here, and it's time to bust out the beachwear! The Lumbridge Crater Beach is hitting Happy Hour with Mods JD and Jon, and you'll be getting XP buffs and increased drop rates for the whole hour on all the stalls!

Join us for flip-flops, frolics, sun and sand, and get a tasty XP boost in the bargain!

Enjoy!

Make good on those mead hall boasts in the new quest, then kick back and relax on the beach. Summer's well and truly here, so have fun and give us your feedback over on the forums.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • Visit the Summer Beach Party this weekend to find Sam and his Fourth of July shop and balloon drops.
  • You can now click '+' in the Bank interface to purchase bank boosters, and 'Buy' in the Wardrobe interface to purchase cosmetics.

Patch Notes

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
I AM NOTICING A COMMON THEME AMONGST NEW CHARACTERS IN QUESTS

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Is there ANY way to know what I haven't finished from Barbarian training ?

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

• Players who are unable to take part in Tears of Guthix as they are within 100k of maximum XP and have maximum quest points can now tick off the requirement for the Distracted title after telling Juna a story.

Was this necessary? :P I am not seeing the point in playing ToG when you have near max XP, it is not like it is a real fun minigame. At least we cannot say they won't look at minorities :P 20 people can now play ToG again ;)

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

• Players who are unable to take part in Tears of Guthix as they are within 100k of maximum XP and have maximum quest points can now tick off the requirement for the Distracted title after telling Juna a story.

Was this necessary? :P I am not seeing the point in playing ToG when you have near max XP, it is not like it is a real fun minigame. At least we cannot say they won't look at minorities :P 20 people can now play ToG again ;)

The point isn't that they can play the game. The point is that "The Distracted" title requires you to play a game in order to unlock it. So those players were unable to unlock the Distracted title.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

They totally didn't recycle the World Wakes here...

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Hahaha "anti-sun potion." Not willing to call it sunscreen, huh?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

essiw
[ Display Name History ]

essiw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,799 posts
  • RSN:essiw
  • RSN '07:essiw

Hahaha "anti-sun potion." Not willing to call it sunscreen, huh?

Well if sunscreen is for sun-lovers then an anti-sun potion would be for sun haters, right? :P

Retired item crew
I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!
If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

And Salt in the Wound

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

The thrown weapons are dragon javelins it seems. Dropped in stacks of 10-20 or so. They are a guaranteed drop (4 kills 4 drops, I assume it's a garanted)

It dropped a

Black dragonhide

Dragon Longsword

3 Rune bars (noted)

30 Magic Logs (noted)

Looks like it's dropping the javelins + 1 other drop.

It drops Hard Clues too.

IT HAS SO MUCH DEFENSE :D

If you stay too much in one place the roof is starting to fall down quite quick I wouldnt recommend it.

Doesn't look like it's worth it unless someone can figure out a way to abuse Abomination. It was a lot easier during the quest because you could circle around the bane ore that falls.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Trade runecoins for tradable tokens? Perfect way for me to use the last 200 coins i had from free offers. Easy 4m.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw

And Salt in the Wound

How so?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

saywuuuut
[ Display Name History ]

saywuuuut

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts

Curious if any of the XP rewards from this event are any good?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I really dunno how to feel about this quest

• Alg likes this

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

About V

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Possible, but unlikely. I do hope that Jagex hears the crowd and do something with it tho...

-----

In regards to the beach event:

JcSBugQ.png

This is about the sitting in those beach chairs resting emote.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

I guess V can take solace in the fact that he isn't a total loser unlike Guthix. I've come to the realization that Guthix is the worst of all the major gods,  a sentimental fool who didn't have what it takes to get the job done, and a complete loser.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

V or zaros, who to choose now.

Like them exploring more of the dragonkin background and expanding on the known kin. But i hate how they finally made a god that people could finally relate to instead of an ideological stereotype, then went and made him a throwaway character.

also from the book of gods

Coming 2025, greatest combat mages in the world marching from their isle with complete control over the elemental forces.... :wub:  (requiring 1m more points in new livid batch 3)

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

So this is Orange is the New Black Season 2 as told by RuneScape characters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RSN:wkw

Does anyone have a transcript for V's book of the gods?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users