Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW) Updated 9/06

bigmoneyak

Why is this guide on page 2?! It has to be on page 1 for faster access.

There is no entry for ogres =(

I found the cannon spot for Trolls VERY useful. Got them a lot recetnly and used to range + cannon generals. Your spot is much faster. Also using the cannon on Kalphite warrior is much faster then maging guardians.

For fire giants i wasn't statisfied with the spot in Karamaja dungeon, so i tried cannon in the Waterfall dungeon - using the safe spot at the door. That worked fine as long as there weren't many people there (wich is seldom of course). On the next assignment i set it up in the smoke dungeon infront of the chest. I killed a lot of Pyrefiends, still it was fast enough imo. (I only train mage and range, so i don't have access to Guthans or thw whip.)

EDIT: Just got another fire giants assignment and found out that waterfall is by far the fastests methode if you can't use meele, as long as there aren't more then one or two persons there.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest Rs guide ever made hands down. Despite the fact that you don't wish it, I still dub thee in my books the king of slayer 12.3/10 :thumbsup:

Anyway on a different note, with the removing of the more annoying tasks from shilo's list (no more desert lizards ftw!), is it worth it now to use him instead of lost city even if you have cannonballs?

Also, according to the kb (which actually isn't that accurate -.-) dagannoths are now given out by shilo, maybe research into this is needed?

Hey, just wanted to say that your guide has really helped me. I'm ranging Bloodvelds right now, and I have just one thing to point out -- you say to use mith arrows or higher, but I'm using steel because I'm cheap :lol: and I find them pretty effective. Maybe you could note that steel is a less expensive alternative?

Anyways, I'll be back reading this guide for my next task. :thumbsup:

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

First of all, great guide. It's 1 of the 2 guides I like the most on tip.it - (other 1 is how to solo the kbd).

2nd - Thanks to you I'll get 85 slayer this weekend :P

Without your guide, things would have taken MUCH longer

3rd - Read 1st thing

Another thank you :)

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Gear

Full Guthan's- Essential for healing off of monsters that drop ash or poison you; Abyssal Demons, Nechryals, Black Demons, Kalphites, and so on.

So are you saying you can heal off the ash's the monster drops? I don't get what your saying there. Could you explain it to me?

( Nice guide! the best of the best :thumbsup: )

newbankofrsyq0.gif

nukerunescape5pf.png

My recent achievement ^_^

Gear

Full Guthan's- Essential for healing off of monsters that drop ash or poison you; Abyssal Demons, Nechryals, Black Demons, Kalphites, and so on.

So are you saying you can heal off the ash's the monster drops? I don't get what your saying there. Could you explain it to me?

( Nice guide! the best of the best :thumbsup: )

guthans heals what you hit every so often (when pink smoke appears), so on things which dont need special slayer items you just wield full guthan at around half hp then keep it on till ur full hp. (if its not healing just put pray on until it does.)

wow 1st time here. well written guide i must say look as though it took some time to write. we both see eye to eye on slayer tasks that are a waste of time this guide should help me get through onto 80+ slayer

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

• 2 months later...

Thx Pokemama for fixing discussiontopic !

Compliments for your guide, Axeman. Ive used it many times on my way to 85.. After finally getting there, I camped a while at the abby demons to get my first free whip (and this took a while, I think they lowered droprate again@). Being a 'skiller', I soon returned to my slayertasks and followed your advice:

quote: So how do you get the abyssal demon assignments?

Train slayer using the lost city master. Do the assignments you enjoy. I suggest black demons, Kalphites, normal dragons, Dust devils, and trolls. Skip the low profit tough monsters like Gargoyles and nechryals if you can't stand them.

Soon you will get an abyssal demon assignment. Do it.

Instead of returning to the lost city, go to Buthorpe and get a new low level assignment. You do this because it is impossible to get the same assignment two times in a row from any master.

Finish the Buthorpe assignment, return to the lost city. 50% of the time you will be given your highest killable monster from that master. Abyssal Demons, and a decent number 130-166. quote

I've done this now 4 times and all 4 times i dint get an abby demon task back. Even worse! 3 out of4 times, I was rewarded with a metal dragon task// :wall:

So, my question.. is this just my bad luck and is this strategy still working for you or has this also been changed by Jagex?

Thx, Hyjack01

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

OMG! This guide is sooo awesome! I will start to use this guide! This guide definetly belons to AOW :D

Just one small question: How you can skip tasks?

FormerTip.It mapper | hello?