Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW) Updated 9/06

bigmoneyak

about how long will it take to get from 60 slayer to 85... i was guessing around 1 year? i have full guthans and have cannon with tons of c balls.. 10k+ i would like to bcuz im thinking about getting really serious about training slayer....

i play around 2hrs a day on weekdays (monday - thursday) and 4-5 hrs on weekends (fri - sunday) ty

and AWSOME GUIDE!!!!! =D>

Frubens.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the BEST guides I've ever read. Great detail, pictures, suggestions...I'm very amazed on how you have written this guide.

Only one thing though. I find it better to kill the Ghosts in the Death Level of the Stronghold of Secruity. They give better exp and rarely hit you.

Overall though, 10/10 =D> Thanks for the guide.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

an amazing guide written by an amazing master of slayer =D>

one question, can you kill ice trolls insted of normal trolls for a troll task

update: I have confirmed that you can indeed kill ice troll from fremrik isles (in the mining area) do give slayer xp!

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Hehe, I read this guide every time I train slayer. Which happens to be every time I'm on Runescape lately. Slayer is always how I've preferred to train combat and this guide has made me want to train it again.

Great guide :) Thanks for the help.

addymmage,Dmac690.gif

I love this guide, I've used it since I first became a member. It's perfect alongside FuBai's safespot guide.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

first time i read this i thought it was rubbish but now i throughly read ive noticed that its a very well written and detailed guide =D> =D>

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

very nice guide!! extensive, elabate, and simplicite. i applaud you =D>

Also, i have to inquire about something.

At lvl 90 Range, I intend to start slayer back up. Currently I'm near lvl 66 (i know, it stinks) What do you think my slayer lvl would be once i reached 99 range?

Note: i am not usign a cannon

Thank you,

Warrior5024 ::'

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Really nice and furrow guide ....10/10.

Using it from now on with my Slayer assignments!

Sir_Nitram99.png

8 skills at 99: Herblore - Farming - Cooking - Firemaking - Woodcutting - Fletching - Magic - Crafting

11/10 really says it, it totally is . Must've taken an age to write ... hmm ...

Maybe another thing to do whilst doing tasks is to write a guide to 99 slayer :D :-k

This'll help me to 65 -->85

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

This is an excellent guide, it is really useful and might use it when i get back to slayer.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

amazing guide m8 im defo gonna get 85 slayer using your guide might progress it on furthur only time will tell...

but anyways im gonna be using this guide alot l8er on ( got tonnes of stuff to do be4 im slaying) so thanks for making it! great guide! \' \' \'

suraj5000.png

suraj5000.png

barrows drops:veracs flail ahrims hood

proud owner of everyone and a cooking/quest point cape

10/10, gives basically all the info anyone doing slayer needs to know =D> im going for 99 slayer, and i've read thru this 2 or 3 times to help cement into my head which tasks to do or skip

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Is slaying the abyssal demon way faster than the normal shilo way?

Also, you said that 'Lost city on the other hand gives you your highest killable slayer monster very often when coming from another master.'

So, does this mean that, if desired, you can alternate between shilo and lost city? If so wouldn't this be faster xp than the normal shilo way?

--------

Very nice and concise guide btw

Hegel.png

AWSOME guide that finally gave me the inspiration for 85 slayer+!!!

I lost my d chain last month so I'm broke and it took me 4 years to save the up the money for it, but I can still get 85 slayer with full rune, bronze boots, power ammy, and rune scimmy^_^ 90 combat, 1423 total lvl.

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Is slaying the abyssal demon way faster than the normal shilo way?

Also, you said that 'Lost city on the other hand gives you your highest killable slayer monster very often when coming from another master.'

So, does this mean that, if desired, you can alternate between shilo and lost city? If so wouldn't this be faster xp than the normal shilo way?

--------

Very nice and concise guide btw

I think the logic behind Axe Man Jack's logic was that he needed to kill lots of abby demons quickly. The problem with your method is that, going to the Shilo Master instead of the Burthope Master, you will have very long and difficult tasks. Killing 35 dogs or 20 chickens usually isn't a problem and doesn't take long. Killing 12 Dark Beasts or a load of Kurasks is a different story.

Comparison:

Your method~Most likely more experience because no time is spent Burthoping, but less time killing abbysal demons because Shilo will give longer tasks.

Axe Man Jack's method~ Most likely less experience because time is spent Burthoping, but more time killing abbysal demons because Burthope will give small, easy tasks.

Alternative combo: Get Lost city task, do if desired. If not, Burthope task and go back to lost city. If desired, then do task, then head to Shilo. If a desired task, then do. If not, Burthope. Now, regardless, head back to the Lost City.

Semper Fidelis ~Death

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

I just got 154 brine rats from duradel, (from new quest), and i was wondering if you could do them to see how they are and stuff.

I'll tell what I notice during my assignment.

Fairy Ring Code DKS.

You need a spade to get into the cave where they are.

Dig by Windswept tree (like in quest), take western passage when you get to it, following cave.

I assume he won't assign if you haven't done quest.

Level 70, seem to hit hard for their level but have pretty low defence.

50 slayer exp per.

40 hp per (counted).

Max hit on me was 9 so far.

Think they're melee based.

I brought guthans but food is OK too.

Drop a lot of deaths... similar to infernal mages but not quite as many. (Have about 200 in 160 kills)

230 earths in 160 kills

12 bloods in 160 kills.

66 waters in 160 kills

72 airs in 160 kills

Raw food drop frequently. 8 10-noted lobs drop in a 160 task (80 total)

12 sharks in 160 task (noted, drop by 3s)

drop raw swordies unnoted (probably 100 or so total, didn't pick up any)

Maybe could bring tinderbox and axe and make fires to cook it on.

Got one Brine Sabre towards the end also.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!