Master Slayer Guide by Axe Man Jack (AOW) Updated 9/06

bigmoneyak

For scorpion slayer tasks, I go to the basement under the legends guild.

Tons of scorpions down there, good with the cannon to. They also give out more exp than the lvl 14 ones. Much better than the ones in the dwarf mining caves.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan thanks for an amazing guide! I've recently just found this and now come and look up the monsters I get for each task to see what your suggestion is.

Keep up the great updates too, and again thank you!

-Lt- \'

ltangel.png

Is there any way to powertrain Slayer without training Defense? I want to keep mine at 75. I'm really pssd off because I just found out that Spears only have Controlled. Goddam Mod Edit: Vulgar language removed. Q.V. Tip It Mod spears, Jagex you stinkeh. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

kingtut3.png

Obviously like everyone has already said, really, really amazing guide.

I would just like to add one point though, it is NOT worthwhile to train on trolls with cannon. Trolls have around 80hp and the cannon isn't that reliable in shooting; you practically need to go through 1k cannon balls to complete a troll task; this is with your own involvement. It is also super annoying to turn prayer on and off, and to have to constantly reload the cannon without any good result. The troll's awful drops only makes it worse. Because the cannon takes so long to kill a troll, often other people training there will steal your kill, making the cannon only expensive range xp at best when slaying trolls.

Contrary to popular opinion I find cannons are in general more useful in single combat areas. It focuses the damage on one target and is almost like you're pking with ranger backup. In large multicombat areas you have to waste time reloading the cannon, and the things it shoots rarely die.

RSN: Manaleak

Very nice guide! :thumbsup:

I can easily kill spiritual warriors without using a single p potion and I'm only level 99. They don't hit often and if you use full Guthans you can kill them in no time at all. They also drop loads of alchable stuff (I usually make like 150k per task).

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Spiritual Warriors should definitly not be burthroped, I am currently doing slayer on a tank ranger and I melee them with 70 attack, 71 str, 88 def. I have no problem hitting them at all, and leave with 200k+ profit a task, my last one of 168 Warriors profited me about 370k. I have several friends that I do slayer with and they all love the warriors tasks, free money.

Something to add that's useful.

With bones to peaches, even though you can't use on lesser demons or fire giants or ice giants, you can still use the spell effectively. For fire giants, go to the room with the level 21 skeleton mages, kill them, use their bones. On lesser demons kill the level 45 skeletons, and on ice giants use the ice warrior's bones.

hmm 72/85 slayer ...95/99 stre...300ish k till 96 stre...= lots of slayer levels

=D

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Small note regarding Suqahs:

Not many love those. High level monster with quite [cabbage]i drops.

I also burthroped several Suqahs tasks until i found that they are one of the best Cannonable task around,surely better than Kalphites.

Simply take your Cannon and head north of the bank (multi-combat zone) place it and blast the *[cabbage]* out of them.

good slayer & range xp

Does AMJ have any input on cannoning ice trolls on the Fremmenik Isles?

Here's a detailed guide to ice troll cannoning on Truthscape

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

on an average...how much xp with a cannon can you average in a 5 hour span? id say 1 hour but that prolly varies too much

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

btw....cave horrors attacks are now melee based. i was down there for a while getting hit a lot with dhide. so i check and they hit through mage prayer but not melee prayer

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706