Concerning DroolMAN...

DroolMAN

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on getting it appealed droolman, i would say more about how i feel, but im afraid if i do, i might get banned from the game myself for having a bad view of the customer support they have :oops:

~DaS

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

bre, you should realize that I wasn't speaking application layer, but network layer. What I said is correct for that layer.

Yes, I'm sorry. No pun intended - I just don't think people without this knowledge know if they use network address translation router or a switch or even a flapping router (lol).

Too there may be network bridges (IE people who dont have a router and get linked up serially - modem -> user 1 -> user 2).

Not to geekify this thread but my point (and not pun) was that I do not think that Jagex' dectection system in any way takes measure for these configurations.

J2EE as I know it can not even tell these things, the facilities is only designed to give Java sandbox applications an idea of the network, so that traffic over specific protocols does not collide (routers), interfere or simply get lost.

I think that Jagex' detection system is way far out - it's not acceptable from a technical standpoint, niether does it from a cyber justice points - although we all know Jagex doesn't believe in justice.

Anyways I am sorry my post seemed offensive, but I am just trying to make sense of this madness.

Sorry to hear about your account & your daughter's :( From my poin of view: I see your daughter's account as a mule since its in your name & seeing 2 computers logged in at once to trade. :?

Whatpulse team

My Youtube name is: birdman258

266ga.pngpikapopfg7.gif

My Mining Goal- Mining Rune Essence till level 99 8-) :^_^: :thumbsup: :wink:

mineruneessence6ku.jpg

that stinks man... :cry: i feel your pain

jagex is getting more corrupt as they grow older...they despise macroers so much..and they use them themselves. As only a levl 70 character i'm still newby but i can see this happening so often in these forums and elsewhere that jagex is losing it. They send freaking auto-replies to their highest levl characters. They should be thanking their oldest paying customers. But is autoreplies and banage respect and thanks? um no its not :P keep trying to appeal. Mabye even try to talk to jagex on the phone(not likely) keep trying dude. If jagex would just try to listen for once in their corrupt lives things might be going a little smoother. One more thing...i don't think jagex would

Ever!! ban players like zezima or the oldnite. OMG!!!!!!!! I bet some of the top 10 have done something wrong and yet jagex doesn't ban because they are the heart and soul :? of runescape. ok i'm done

gl my friend,

~red

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Sorry to hear about your account & your daughter's :( From my poin of view: I see your daughter's account as a mule since its in your name & seeing 2 computers logged in at once to trade. :?

Based on your logic... any person who has ever been given a free item should be banned.

Fact is, that account is his daughter's not his.

Some of you people just don't get it...

Lets put it this way... Lets say you're going to the movies to see a Rated R movie, but you're only 16. You ask your parent to go with you to purchase the ticket so you can go see the movie. You go in, with your friends and have a blast.

Based on what you just stated, in the quote above is that you shouldn't have been able to go in to see that movie, even though you had parental supervision (and permission) to see that movie. Sorry, but thats not how it works.

If Droolman gave his daughter parental supervision in creating the account... that doesn't automatically make it his. Its his daughter's. And that wouldn't make her account a mule account either. The poor girl just simply wanted to play dress up on a game. She probably doesn't even know what the point of the game is. She just liked the material items that it had.

Jagex has pretty much hit an all time low. And anyone who even tries to justify this ban is no better then Jagex themselves.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Yes, I'm sorry. No pun intended - I just don't think people without this knowledge know if they use network address translation router or a switch or even a flapping router (lol)

I apologize for coming off like I was offended - I wasn't in the least. :wink:

Didn't expect there to be a J2EE player in the house! Wanna discuss session, message, and entity beans? :P

Someone made a great point. a year ago it was "i've been hacked" "omg, i got haxed" and such..

Now, its bannings.

Jagex seriously needs to do something about their detection system, and find a way to make it at least 95% impossible to "hack" people.

Its just lame.

Im shocked.

DroolMAN helped me out a lot when I started leveling late last year and has been a big buyer of my goods. I infact owe him literally and figureatively for my d legs. This really has me steamed. And worried. I may be banned soon if Jagex keeps using this flawed philosophy to merit multi log in bans. My friend pays my membership cause Im a lowly grad student.

Z

Keep fighting the good fight Drool.

oh man i feel u and i m really sorry..

but i think everyone say that.. the jagex customer support team is erm i dont know how they work but maybe they ban randomly

sometimes u REPORT ppl that breaking the rules but they never get banned .. and u have done nothing u found ur self banned..

i really dont understand how jagex team works... there shud be something wrong..

else they dont want more ppl play the game cus they r getting too many players and dont want to get more servers or they want to get rid of runescape so they work in a new game ? lol

i m really feeling bad for DroolMan cus he was old player too..

or WAIT does tip.it has spy works for jagex ? lol

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

I feel bad for your daughter. I'm sick of jagex's lame customer service. Oh, wait!! They don' have any! :cry:

Jagex makes so much money they don't care about their members. They would rather spend a week making some stupid quest or mini game that people forget about in a day. Why don't they Improve the game...not just update it.

Things will get better. They always do...

The thing about that is... Your IP addresses would be within one of eachother depending on how many systems you have connected to that router.

So if your desktop has an IP Address of like "66.37.125.78"... your laptop will probably have an IP Address of "66.37.125.77" or "66.37.125.79". So there would have been very little margin of error in them finding a connection between the two accounts.

I know this isn't on topic, but I have to say something. This is wrong. A router represents a single IP. That's what a router does - it acts as a switching yard to other networks, while acting as the gatekeeper to the local network. Your router has one IP address. Jagex only sees that one IP.

Where you're not wrong is that Jagex can distinguish between machines behind a router, with a little work. NAT (network address translation), the protocol that makes routers work, puts a distinguishing mark on the TCP/IP packets that it sends, so that when a reply packet comes, the router knows which local machine to pass it to. This marker is in the HOST port field of the packet. So, it's not the IP address, that's different, but the source port.

A little "who cares anyways" information for you. :D

Eh, maybe I am wrong. Dunno.

What I do know is I have a router and my IP address in different from my mother's by a difference of one. That could only apply to the LAN though, which in that case I would be wrong. Infact, thats probably what it is.

One connection, split by two computers. So yeah, my mistake. :? At least I have an idea as to what I'm talking about. Just didn't communicate it nearly as well as I could have. Plus... in my defense... its been awhile since I've done anything networking related in awhile. Thanks for the lesson though to refresh my memory. :P

Anyhow... the main point I was getting too, that might have been missed... was that any family on a LAN is at risk for getting booted. If they ever decide they want to play RS together. Which is something that is wrong.

Also off topic....

I was playing with Ethereal a few months ago... and I never relised how much data is transfered from our computers when doing simple tasks. I loaded runescape to the login screen. Started caputre of packets, loged in and imediatly stoped capture of the packets. Just to log in it connected to several(over 4) external servers, and back to my computer to the rs client. I expected one connection...

My belief is the travel triggered the initial ban, because it is possible to make a good attempt at finding a location based on an IP address. If an address 100 miles away connects to your account you could be flaged for a staff member to glance at it for 30 seconds and click "ban" or "not" based on other tracking information they may or may not keep.

But how can we play with friends or family without being a suspect? Why is it wrong to have a friend start an account at my house and give him/her stuff so that they can play with me. I think the 'mule' and 'shareing' rules can't be based on IP address/payment info alone.

Join the Corruption Clan... Tip.it's #1 PlayerKilling clan.

Check out my.

myrsblog.PNG

Click the little www link below.

Heh, I got a laugh out of the boots being shoes thing.. Cute.

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you.. I may almost know the feeling from being hacked, and I got on a pure of mine and was talking to the hacker, listening to him say "hey, I like this character, nice leve, blah blah". But this isn't about me.

I think you deserve a chance to redeem yourself..at least explain yourself.

Could this happen to me? Being that there are 2 other people in this house, on the same network...?

(If someone knows the answer, please PM me, as I will probably forget to check back here)

35b9enp.jpg

I honestly have a split opinion here.

It's commendable that you invest so much emotion into the game and enjoyed it as much as you did. It's also a game get over it. The fact you mention your little girl so much seems you trying play her off to get your account back, that by banning you, jagex is some how ruining yours and your daughters life. I have had an account banned as well, and at first I was angry, but then I was like gee I can just create a new one. If you love the game so much starting over won't be that bad. It wasn't for me.

in short,

It's sucks that your 2 accounts were banned and hope you will start playing again. It's not the end of the world. Just imagine seeing that lovely level up message over and over for a bit.

If you decide to not play, that's your choice and you should'nt let a mear game beat you up so badly.

I honestly have a split opinion here.

It's commendable that you invest so much emotion into the game and enjoyed it as much as you did. It's also a game get over it. The fact you mention your little girl so much seems you trying play her off to get your account back, that by banning you, jagex is some how ruining yours and your daughters life. I have had an account banned as well, and at first I was angry, but then I was like gee I can just create a new one. If you love the game so much starting over won't be that bad. It wasn't for me.

in short,

It's sucks that your 2 accounts were banned and hope you will start playing again. It's not the end of the world. Just imagine seeing that lovely level up message over and over for a bit.

If you decide to not play, that's your choice and you should'nt let a mear game beat you up so badly.

Indeed... if he was lvl 50. Perhaps you missed the fact that he's a top 50 overall player? You can't just start over after losing all that.

Nazgul.jpeg

Indeed... if he was lvl 50. Perhaps you missed the fact that he's a top 50 overall player? You can't just start over after losing all that.

He said in his original post that DroolMAN was unbanned, so if he still thinks it's okay for a 4 year old to be playing this game he can make another account for her. I just don't think he should be storing any of his items on her character though. Yes I said storing, why on earth would you give a bunch of expensive and rare items to your little girl like that, where there are *many* other colorful items in Runescape that can be gotten cheaply. Sorry to say but, I think this is what Jagex was looking at.

Just my .02

-Lt-

ltangel.png

Write a letter straight to their office using clear and slightly aggressive but still formal and not insulting language.

They propably dont know that there actually ARE laws for virtual "property" that (among others) cover exactly this topic.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Droolman,

You don't know me other than the occasions our paths have crossed in the game but I wanted to take a moment here and just say...you will be missed.

I spent 2 days looking for you on the hiscores when I looked at where I was because we are generally neck and neck and there has always been a soft bit of compitition from my end as I played and would see wether it was me or you in the lead that day. It is a sad day for me indeed because even though we never knew each other you where a small part of my game and a person that had my respect.

I would hope that in the end this all gets sorted out for you and your daughter. Give her a hug for me, I can just imagine how heart broke she is.

Anyway, just wanted to send you my best.

(((Hugs)))

Mullein

mullein5me5ai.jpg

F@*k [bleep]EX!

they've banned so many of my friends for similer reasons.

if your daughter wants, they can take my pure. i dont use him anymore and his is a lvl 40 pure with 60 something magic. pm if u want, ill understand if you dont, but im just tryin to help out :oops:

I can't belive Jagex sometimes :x

I got 2 black marks for item scamming,

I have a good friend who is much more wealthy then me, and i asked to try on her outfit, of course she didn't mind.

But 3 level 50's came up and shouted things like, " Dnt do it! hes a scamma!@" and " Dude he wont giv it bac!!!@", we laughed and ignored them.

The next day when i cam to logg back on i found my account had been banned, it turns out the 3 level 50's had each reported me for item scamming.

Banning the mule solves the problen right?

Jagex played judge, jury, and exacutioner.

Try speaking to them, and you get a cold responce from a lifeless bot.

The same as when your trying to get your account back from a hacker, i mean, why should they care?