Concerning DroolMAN...

DroolMAN

Sometimes I play Runescape in my room, which is connected to the school's LAN system. Does that mean if someone else is playing Runescape at the same time, we both could get banned?

If you're part of their LAN... I'd imagine its a possibility.

I really don't think you'd literally be a part of your schools LAN though... You'd basically need to be in a wireless network for that almost.

If you have the same internet service provider... You could still be at risk, but not nearly as much. Your school could easily have Runescape blocked (you aren't suppose to be playing it in school anyhow). Most schools have flag systems that detect sites that shouldn't be accessed (adult sites, gaming sites, and things of that nature). Jagex probably uses a flag system that is similar to some systems in schools.

EDIT: Just add on to the last paragraph... I have herd of at least one instance that two friends were banned on a game for having IP addresses so close to one another that it almost seemed as if they were in the same house, but that has to be a pretty rare case (and for all I know they could have simply been lieing anyhow).

EDIT2: Aint it funny how just about a year ago there was nothing but "I've been hacked" topics. And now everyone is getting banned left and right for stupid things like this? Now not only do people have to worry about keyloggers, hoax e-mails, and things of that nature... but now everyone has to be worried about who plays RS in their household, and when they are playing it. Talk about pathetic...

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely ridiculous. I am currently paying for three accounts; My own, my wife's, and my little sister's. My sister lives 3 hours away (I pay for her account as long as she maintains a 3.75 average) but my wife plays on the desktop in the next room. She only likes fighting but is afraid to fight anything "big" so has 61 attack, 40 def, and 30 strength from nothing larger than lvl 2 men and those alkharid guys, lol. Anyway she plays ONLY when I play because that is when the kids are asleep (3 months old and a 2 year old, both girls... sigh jk :wink: ). I find it ridiculous that they would consider anything along these lines as multiple logging. I guess this means that I have to get my wife hooked back on solitaire. :x

I have noticed that they (Jagex) are drifting even farther and farther away. I recently got 3 automated responses declaring that they did not have time to respond to the questions posed. The first was sent nearly a month ago and the most recent was last week. This and your situation are both ridiculous and are just as harmful to their future addicts as macroers and others of the same ilk. :!:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Guest r3dh3adkid

Wow....thats just about all I have to say towards this. The other people who create topics about their ranting and stuff doesnt really bother me that much but the passion you have towards this game really touched me. I cant say that I know how you feel but I can say that I somewhat understand it. My account was hacked and every item in my bank (no joke...every item) was stolen. I have played this game for about 4 years now so to see all of my hard work disappear like that broke my heart. I gave up on Runescape after that.

I know it might hurt really bad right now to let Runescape go but its for the best. It'll take some time to get over but I know you can do it. We dont really know each other but I'm here for you to support you while you get over the game.

My advice is to move on to another addicting game. *cough* Guild Wars *cough* :D

Wow, that really really stinks, these are the things that really make me mad at JAGex. I mean banning a lvl 121 (?) just because he was suspected of multiple logging in... This makes my glad that they just recently blocked Runescape at our school ( :roll: ) because me and my friends used to play on computers next to each other and since all of the computers al had fixed IPs that were quite close to each other I now realize that I got lucky and ecsaped the 'ban hammer' unlike you DroolMAN. I think that JAgex needs to calm down a bit and do some researchm on who there about to ban instead of just banning them.

Eventually, more and more people will quit the game because their friends got banned or even themselves. IF they keep banning high lvl at this rate they are gonna have a problem because people will start quitting and less and less people will keep paying. All in all I feel really sorry for you although your accound didnt get banned, your daughters did, and that was the account that had all your rares on it... To the guy that said that all you had to do was spend annother 290k to get another pair of boots: More then the rune boots were lost including p hats and the account, meaning that not one can his daughter not play in fear of getting the accounds banned but he would heve to work his butt off getting all the money for what he lost. I feel really sorry for you DrollMAN...

That is terrible. Same thing happen to me. My girlfriend liked Runescape and wanted to learn how to play it, so I made her a caharacter and showed her the basic steps to play the game. I gave her a free 100k, Iron, Steel, Black, and Mithril for later on, a few thousand logs, and a few hundred copper and tin ores. Well, of course, Jagex thought I was multiple logging in and banned me, no question. I appealed the ban and told them to check what times the accounts we logged on. They were logged on AT THE SAME TIME and they banned me and my girlfriend. They sent a reply that they were sorry for the inconvienence of banning me and reactivated our accounts, but I recieved a warning not to arrouse suspision.

lol my account was also banned for "Multiple Logging". ha, i have never done it, i will try it again. My account was hacked when I was in vacation, returned and my account as disabled :cry: . i tried to appeal but they kept saying I did it when I never have. account name was 00slipknot88. i worked on it since RSC and it's not nice when jagex does that. i feel sorry for you, jagex has gotten dumber over the years.

i feel sorry for you and await your return... but i'm sure you'll think of something that could convince jagex, i've never been banned so i can't say i know how you feel, but i can only imagine.

I once got reported, but they didn't do anything, just send me a message saying that you've been reported and it's going on your perm record... so sort of know the regret your feeling

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

well jagex got paranoid about all those macroers so they just simply bans everytone simply because it might look suspiciuos. it's not how company should tarck their customers, but as we all know dogs voice don't go to heaven :) so we hardly can do anythign about it.

sorry to hear about your loss, and i bet daughters account ment more to you then all rares in game. it's hard to explain to kid why big company is such evil

on the IP discusion. home networks has only one IP address. the one that router gets it, other ip's are local and jagex can't tell difference between pc's based on ip's. there is mac address (hardware address) that EVERY computer has different, they also are sent, but it's harder to get for simple user, altought jagex should use them to catch mule's and macroes.

school networks have small range of ip addresses, they might have 10 or so ip's for entire school. it's because the maximum numer computers that can use same IP is 255. big internet providers have also range of IPs that they can give to customers. this detections system has lots of flaws but seems that jagex don't even care to fix it.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

I havent had a chance to read the whole thread yet so i apologise if something has changed but i would happy to donate a full set of boots, gnome robes etc to a new account for your daughter if you want.

seph54646lrlr.jpg

No way... you're oldskool. :cry:

he was and he still is. i have nothing more than pure respect for you. Its sad how your daughter cannot play anymore because of Jagex. If i was a Jagex Staff, i would let the player tell their side of the story and not just send any automessages. Atleast you have your character back but its still sad how Jagex "handles" things. :cry: :roll: :?

lifeguard200

truely speechless.....are long term members nothing more then a number?

i guess so not even a chance to explain just BAM ban like that.....pssst what has become of this game no wonder.......

All going down in a spiral to no where...

Jagex is absolutely out of their minds..

Same reason I started over:

I knew I was going to be banned for what I had done and I wanted to start again..

dragonforce-1.jpg

truely speechless.....are long term members nothing more then a number?

i guess so not even a chance to explain just BAM ban like that.....pssst what has become of this game no wonder.......

Oh, you do get a chance to explain. A wonderful 400 character ban appeal, no? :roll: This is becoming more and more ridicilous every day. Next thing we know people will be getting banned for aknowledging they're using msn in game. Oh, wait, never mind :roll:

Ssamriga, you have to be 13 years or older to CREATE an account, it doesn't say anything about playing, so I guess having your parents make you an account is fine.

Thanks for telling

im 18 years old and I play the game for like 1 year now..

I have a lil sister that realy likes to dress up here character 2

were both on the same IP but I thought hey if they gonna ban me they must be drunk

my brother plays it 2 and he is way better then me..

though even if I buy his stuff I will be banned cause we on the same IP

its illigal to have more account online ad the same time I agree with that

but that rule is kinda in conflict with if you have some1 els who play the game on the same IP

we all have our own pc..

Sow after reading this we made a kalender of who can play on what day + :?

EDIT: sorry for the bad gramma..Im dutch and I sawk in english 8)

I always tell the truth even when I lie

Wow that story was a very long one. Amazing how Jagex is so stupid for banning accounts like that. How are families supposed to play together if they cannot even play together not even on seperate computers?

Also as far as that one ip on many comps from the router thing goes, I do know one thing which for some reason never gives me that message anymore is that when you log into the game it gives the message "you have logged into runescape from this computer". The message I gave is not exact but basically instead of giving ip address it lists my computers name, more like t he name of the domain. I think it only gives that when my domain is not set or something.So Jagex is able to actually distinguish which computer an account was logged into + the ip.

So technically if Jagex could do something aboutt his multi loggin thing, then perhaps it could be something like all the accounts that a family would play on their computers would be set to something like, Player A plays on Computer A and player B plays only on computer B under the same ip.

Guest Nezikchened
Damn... That's harsh man. I often spend an hour or two playing runescape of an evening with my daughter on my knee (she's four this month). And she just loves pointing out monsters for me to hit - although she won't let me hit goblins because she thinks they look like turtles. Tough break man, really tough.

Haha!

And for droolman, I feel sorry for you...

The thing about that is... Your IP addresses would be within one of eachother depending on how many systems you have connected to that router.

So if your desktop has an IP Address of like "66.37.125.78"... your laptop will probably have an IP Address of "66.37.125.77" or "66.37.125.79". So there would have been very little margin of error in them finding a connection between the two accounts.

I know this isn't on topic, but I have to say something. This is wrong. A router represents a single IP. That's what a router does - it acts as a switching yard to other networks, while acting as the gatekeeper to the local network. Your router has one IP address. Jagex only sees that one IP.

Where you're not wrong is that Jagex can distinguish between machines behind a router, with a little work. NAT (network address translation), the protocol that makes routers work, puts a distinguishing mark on the TCP/IP packets that it sends, so that when a reply packet comes, the router knows which local machine to pass it to. This marker is in the HOST port field of the packet. So, it's not the IP address, that's different, but the source port.

A little "who cares anyways" information for you. :D

This is wrong too. The J2EE (from build 1023a) sandbox supports many internal network facilities. It can even read your internal network IP and MAC-adress and others (Why do you think Jagex used signed applets?). I do not know which of these Jagex facilitates, but anyways - These thing should NOT be automated like Jagex seems to do it.

I think all of this is dirty. Jagex earns so much money for such a "simple" service. Don't get me wrong - I loooove RuneScape - but judging from other services and their price, something is terrible wrong. It's a poorly programmed, low-graphic sound and other effects, Java, almost text-RPG with low bandwith usage etc.

Thus, they still want to charge us $5 for this service which do not even come with any kind of noteable customer service and support.

I am truly disgusted once again. I say we raise money for your daughter - I'll be the first to donate 1M.