Raise the GP Cap on P2P to 100 Bil

r2-pleasent

Umm... Buy a few more rares or other items and start collecting more money :wink:

That's what I would do, at least. But as I'm too lazy to merchant anything...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have that much money and it's a problem you can let me hold some of it, I'll take good care of it.. I've been looking to be a white p-hat for while.. that will help get me off my feet, it'd be a good investment I swear, all p-hats do is rise :lol:

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

The easiest thing that jagex could do is create another currency, such as silver pieces, or I dunno, dragon coins? :lol:.

Basicly said, 1 dragon coin could be equal to say... 1 million. They would be stackable and act just like coins. This way, you could effectivly hold 2100M of coins worth 1 million each, thus having the problem solved.

This is what they did on lineage II private server's I played on. Because in the full game getting 2.1billion was very hard (and, heres the bad part. In lineage II it doesn't just "not let you get anything" or delete the money you had before, but it infact if you go over 2.1billion turn your money into a negative, making you lose it all.) they made it so you had "gold coins" worth like 50 mil each or so.

It took me 2 days to get my email working on msn :!:

Compared to my 7 months :oops:

That would be funny with the dragon coins being worth 1 mil...

"I'll give you 7 coins for that bronze"

"No way noob!"

"Suit yourself..."

I actually found a video of a guy dropping 2.1 bil and letting it dissappear on google video, just type in, runescape.

yeah, thats most likely hex edited.

and IMO, this shouldnt be a problem, i mean if u have 2.1B u really should do something fun with ur money, i mean buy a bunch of rares, and hold the market ransom...

If i ever had 2.1B i'd buy a bunch of 99's, buy a bunch of sharks, and go out and pk...soon as i was done with that, i'd by a ton of santa's and alch em all...then laugh as prices shot up.

w4M8t.png

and IMO, this shouldnt be a problem, i mean if u have 2.1B u really should do something fun with ur money, i mean buy a bunch of rares, and hold the market ransom...

Do you know who you're talking about? He is the single richest player on rs, he had more rares than you've ever seen in your entire life :lol:

EDIT: Its either him or Duke. Sorry for the confusion :oops: But I know one is the richest player, and the other is the best merchant.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I'd say once you max, buy a phat set, then max again, buy a set, max again, untill you have all the phats!!!

But, as far as making another currency, I highly doubt that that will ever happen. Then it gets too complicated.

And what if somebody gets thier money changed from 1m gp to 1k silver? But another person sais that silver is worth 100 gold so they get 1m gp turned into 10k silver. And so on...

Other currency won't happen.

considering

a) most rich players keep their money in p hat sets.

B) Nothing in rs besides p hats cost more than 20m anyway, if you wanna buy something, sell a p hat.

And thats why Jagex isnt really bothering with this

however, when p hats really do start getting up there (hopefully my yellow one :roll: ) The cap would mean that players cannot actually have enough money to buy, say, 4 p hats at once, and that would seriously mess up the p hat prices like hell.

Greatest idea for these rich dudes: flood the rs economy, drop gps so they dissappear, and nail the system until jagex beggs you to stop. LOL

I know its a pain in the [wagon] for merchants to make money, but hell, one staker can make 4 bill a day from phat set stakes.

no...what YOU should do is get a life instead of spending all your time on a game to make fake pixel money. Maybe the fact that Jagex didnt except nubs to spend time trying to just make money and destroy the whole point of the game... wow... and so...your making this post to say basically " oh i have more then 2100m in my bank, im sooooo cool". Money is nothing in RS...only skills....which u dont have so....just sit and build up ur pixels while ur real life around u crumbles :roll:

Have to agree.

Party hats are the most coveted item in Runescape and one of the rarest.

but what is rarer and also more coveted.

126 Combat

Ask any 110-115 combat level (and over and below of course) with a party hat whether they would swap it for 126 Combat

What do you think the answer would be?

Whilst party hats are the visible symbols of wealth they only show you can afford one. 126 combat shows you are dedicated and committed in a way the merchants can only dream about.

If you combine the two together you get a level 126 with full dragon and party hat.

Who do you think garners the most respect?

The level 100 with a party hat or the 126 with a party hat.

Not going to be to many following the merchant

Esdxc37.png

The easiest thing that jagex could do is create another currency, such as silver pieces, or I dunno, dragon coins? :lol:.

Basicly said, 1 dragon coin could be equal to say... 1 million. They would be stackable and act just like coins. This way, you could effectivly hold 2100M of coins worth 1 million each, thus having the problem solved.

This is what they did on lineage II private server's I played on. Because in the full game getting 2.1billion was very hard (and, heres the bad part. In lineage II it doesn't just "not let you get anything" or delete the money you had before, but it infact if you go over 2.1billion turn your money into a negative, making you lose it all.) they made it so you had "gold coins" worth like 50 mil each or so.

I'm afraid that Lineage II and Runescape 2 share that massive flaw. I have been informed that GP also becomes negative after 2100M, which is just insane if you ask me. Sure, right now there might only be a very small amount of players that will have a problem with the cap, but the situation will only worsen over time. In a year from now when Phat Sets cost around the same as the cap (2100M), this could lead to massive problems.

sig7uu.png

a smart merchant wouldnt have 2100 mill, he'd have a bunch of party hats and other rares for investing in to make his worth go up even more.

only people who jerk off to their riches (r2) really care about this.

the goal of runescape right now should be to completely remove gold from the economy and make it an item for item game like diablo 2.

no...what YOU should do is get a life instead of spending all your time on a game to make fake pixel money. Maybe the fact that Jagex didnt except nubs to spend time trying to just make money and destroy the whole point of the game... wow... and so...your making this post to say basically " oh i have more then 2100m in my bank, im sooooo cool". Money is nothing in RS...only skills....which u dont have so....just sit and build up ur pixels while ur real life around u crumbles :roll:

Have to agree.

Party hats are the most coveted item in Runescape and one of the rarest.

but what is rarer and also more coveted.

126 Combat

Ask any 110-115 combat level (and over and below of course) with a party hat whether they would swap it for 126 Combat

What do you think the answer would be?

Whilst party hats are the visible symbols of wealth they only show you can afford one. 126 combat shows you are dedicated and committed in a way the merchants can only dream about.

If you combine the two together you get a level 126 with full dragon and party hat.

Who do you think garners the most respect?

The level 100 with a party hat or the 126 with a party hat.

Not going to be to many following the merchant

I really don't see how this is at all relevant to my post. You don't like how I play Runescape? Grab a roll of toilet paper and wipe your eyes kid, I really couldn't care less. The fact is, this cap, once exceeded, turns your 2100M into nothing. Are you going to try and say that's not a huge problem? Sure, you might be completely jealous of those players who have enough money to exceed the cap, but they worked hard for their cash, and should not lose all of this work to a faulty system.

sig7uu.png

who cares about the cap?

gp loses value every fricken day...why not invest your gold in sumthing (raw materials in high demand so you profit...or rares) rather than keeping it in gp form?

id keep 50M cash tops...

since this only affects maybe a group of a few hundred people, i doubt jjagex will look into this problem much. I know nothing about the engine runescape is run on, but even if it is simple to increase the gp max, i cant see whythey would spend the time just to benefit those select group of people when they have thousands of other gamers to worry about.

once sets reach the 1bil mark(and in time, they probably will) maybe this will end up being jagex's way of controlling the economy and more importantly the rare market.

bob7926.png

I'm afraid that Lineage II and Runescape 2 share that massive flaw. I have been informed that GP also becomes negative after 2100M, which is just insane if you ask me. Sure, right now there might only be a very small amount of players that will have a problem with the cap, but the situation will only worsen over time. In a year from now when Phat Sets cost around the same as the cap (2100M), this could lead to massive problems.

All it takes is like 8 lines of code, if jagex is willing to do this. I mean making another stack of GP would be best so the people with.. Anyway so they dont loose some GP. Edit: forgot to say concerning a second currency

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Not a problem at all play the game as it is meant to be played and your problems will dissapate.

Games were never designed to replace your real life but to enhance them. If you play the game for the enjoyment and the occasional adrenalin buzz you should never be disappointed.

If you you play the game because you are an ugly bar steward (with no friends) or an incompetent buffoon (with no hope of promotion) to gain fake cash then you shall reap what you sow.

Esdxc37.png

who cares about the cap?

gp loses value every fricken day...why not invest your gold in sumthing (raw materials in high demand so you profit...or rares) rather than keeping it in gp form?

id keep 50M cash tops...

Like I've said, the problem is not that big right now, as only a small amount of players have anywhere near the cap, but the simple fact that once 2100M in cash is exceeded, that your gold turns negative makes this an ugly situation. I'm not saying I have any reason to be holding 2100M (at least at the moment), but during a Party Hat crash, or any Rare drop, wealthy players might see a reason to sell off their investments. 2100M is only about 3 Party Hat Sets; Cursed You has shown his bank pics of his 15 sets. For a player like him, this cap is a huge problem.

There are quite a few others with serious money like Cursed; I've got more than five players on my Friends List with over 2 Billion in wealth. I, myself, currently have 2.5 Billion, and had only 700M in August. Now, I'd like to break players down, almost into generations of wealth. Let's call me Generation X, who had nearly 1 Bil 6 months ago. Generation X now has enough to surpass the cap (albeit not by much), but luckily, X had a small population. However, Generation Y (players who currently have approx. 1 Bil) is MUCH larger, and within 6 months they will hit the cap.

sig7uu.png

meh i suppose it may be a small problem on a crash...

im not rich anymore so i have no worries about this :lol: ...but to those that it affects i'd always keep items that will never depreciate in value (fury ammys, steel bars, iron ores, any dragon hides...etc)

just stock up all your spare cash on crap like that...

why such harsh words/feelings for merchanters?

if you enjoy playing the game by leveling in skills, so be it. if you enjoy trading and talking to people and increasing your net worth, so be it. I cant/dont seem to understand why many people view merchanters as the runescape version of a lawyer.

bob7926.png

who cares about the cap?

id keep 50M cash tops...

Like I've said, the problem is not that big right now, as only a small amount of players have anywhere near the cap, but the simple fact that once 2100M in cash is exceeded, that your gold turns negative makes this an ugly situation. I'm not saying I have any reason to be holding 2100M (at least at the moment), but during a Party Hat crash, or any Rare drop, wealthy players might see a reason to sell off their investments. 2100M is only about 3 Party Hat Sets; Cursed You has shown his bank pics of his 15 sets. For a player like him, this cap is a huge problem.

There are quite a few others with serious money like Cursed; I've got more than five players on my Friends List with over 2 Billion in wealth. I, myself, currently have 2.5 Billion, and had only 700M in August. Now, I'd like to break players down, almost into generations of wealth. Let's call me Generation X, who had nearly 1 Bil 6 months ago. Generation X now has enough to surpass the cap (albeit not by much), but luckily, X had a small population. However, Generation Y (players who currently have approx. 1 Bil) is MUCH larger, and within 6 months they will hit the cap.

again, im sure jagex would rather have runescape be an item for item economy where the richest are those who actually play the game instead of those who dont do anything for skills or combat and just make trade after trade to increase their networth.

you try and come onto these forums where a majority of these people havent seen 10m yet to get people on your side, but it doesnt work. you are a minority, and very few people want to see runescape turn into moneyscape where everyone is just trying to get rich and not playing the actual game itself.

Oh and a quick retort to you r2.

I have had 85 slayer since May 2005.

I have enough cash for myself and to raise skills.

I hate merchants.

I hate autoers.

I hate auto talkers.

And I hate merchants (oh did I repeat myself)

Merchanting to me are the scum of Runescape, scamming swapping, deleting changing, auto-talking, et al.

I am sorry if I categorise you (or anyone else) in this catch all group but as you all peddle your wares in the same market it is hard to separate you and if it was possible I would STOP trading and lean towards a shop based economy.

This would result in radical changes but not insurmountable changes,

The ordinary punter would receive a fair price for their goods and the buyers would have a source for their desirables.

2 BIRDS KILLED WITH THE 1 STONE AND BYE BYE MERCHANTS.

Esdxc37.png

R2, if you really want, you can make some room for ur cash by givin it to me :D . Lol, im just kiddin, but yea, i agree and dissagree with you. I agree in the sence of that its frustrating to reach a point where you cant get any better and its almost a little depressing. In another sence, Jagex just cant have THAT MUCH gp floating around Runescape on only a few charachters.

Meh, just another growing pain for the 3rd largest MMORPG (massive multi-player online role playing game), RUNESCAPE!

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.