Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

Now, if your smart, you have a bank PIN and deposit all of your items in the bank every time you log off. Thus, the most a scammer can do is move you around like a puppet

The scammer could get angry and get you banned

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a story:

One night im like tired and almost falling asleep on the keyboard.

im trying to sell 1k lobbys for 250k. this guy comes up he is a low lvl and offers 250k. but to bad for me he change the moeny to 25k and i didnt see it. so i lost tons of money .

I was mad and fished 1k more lobbys the next day as fast as i could.

toddey65.png

toddey65.png

toddey65.png

Yestereday some "jagex" pm me that they have bug on my file and they just need my pass and bank pin to fox it... so i reprted him twice :) 3 and 5 and.. also i get scamed few times during gem cutting :( .. so now i only trade cuts 4 unucts, and i watch second trade screen carefully

You guys should know the trust game by now - I witnessed a guy scam 5.7 million off of 3 guys. The ironic part is, I was telling them not to do it the whole time. Nevertheless, I was on my level 15 account instead of my lvl 73, but sometimes you need to listen to the lower leveled players. ...And don't trade saradomin / 2 million gp to a guy for nothing... morons.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

Lol. The trust game is bad. I "trusted" one gp. Then, according to the guy who was the scammer, some guy was dumb enough to give him about.. 100k. Can't remember it clearly but it was about 100k. Sad right? The trust game is usually near Varrock west bank, very crowded worlds.

(Off topic: If anyone wants me to trade any cut sapphires, emeralds, or rubies for uncuts, I'd be glad to. But I only have a few gems now... :lol: )

cloud.jpg

egg3.PNG

Ok for you guys out there taking this and trieing to perform this scam poo on you :shame: .. But guys here are the details! i was trieing to kill chaos elemental with my friends and this person i didnt even know said may i help? i said sure cause the more the better so he says wait i got a friend coming and soon enough he comes but when he comes he ancients me and stands on top of me the other dude hits his friend and thanks to the new area sounds it looks like your getting hit and sounds like it to! then of course some peoples natural reaction is to attack back! Wrong! his friend is getting hit and youll attack him and what will you see a skull above your head! Just dont fall for this guys and those out there that might take this and do this shame on you..

cowboy.jpg

well, 2 weeks ago, i was walking in varrock when this noob comes up to me and asks me if i wanna play a game for 3 mil. "hm" i say, as he actually did show me 3 mil gp. so i go to this secluded spot, and his "friend" shows up. little do i know that that friend is that same guy.... only his main, on a different computer.

so the "Friend" goes up and tells me the rules to the game, which was to offer up the highest amount of gold. like a bid. then, he says the offer started up at 30 k . so i traded him a rune scimmy. he accepted, then did the strangest thing. he actually gave it back. so we go higher and higher, to the point i offer up my full sara, he said i won, then logged out. so i'm like....."wha?".... one hour l8ter i just realized i was scammed.

please dont fall for this scam people!!

dragonmbnaval,ace%20bunny60.gif

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if ~ read backwards~ ace%20bunny60.gif

ub3.png

well, 2 weeks ago, i was walking in varrock when this noob comes up to me and asks me if i wanna play a game for 3 mil. "hm" i say, as he actually did show me 3 mil gp. so i go to this secluded spot, and his "friend" shows up. little do i know that that friend is that same guy.... only his main, on a different computer.

so the "Friend" goes up and tells me the rules to the game, which was to offer up the highest amount of gold. like a bid. then, he says the offer started up at 30 k . so i traded him a rune scimmy. he accepted, then did the strangest thing. he actually gave it back. so we go higher and higher, to the point i offer up my full sara, he said i won, then logged out. so i'm like....."wha?".... one hour l8ter i just realized i was scammed.

please dont fall for this scam people!!

HAHAHA!! You win!! :lol: funny funny...

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.

like the first day i started playing runescape i got scammed out of some bronze stuff. i was like crying im serious

then some guy did the "grab the zammy wine" thing on me and i lost a couple hundred coins. once again, i had lost everything #-o

ive never "technically" been scammed since but there was this one guy who could "double" your money so just to make sure he was a scammer before i reported him i went up to him and said hey can you double my money and i gave him 500 coins and he said "loser!!!" and logged out thinking he was rich lolololol

must.... play.... runescape....

Ok for you guys out there taking this and trieing to perform this scam poo on you :shame: .. But guys here are the details! i was trieing to kill chaos elemental with my friends and this person i didnt even know said may i help? i said sure cause the more the better so he says wait i got a friend coming and soon enough he comes but when he comes he ancients me and stands on top of me the other dude hits his friend and thanks to the new area sounds it looks like your getting hit and sounds like it to! then of course some peoples natural reaction is to attack back! Wrong! his friend is getting hit and youll attack him and what will you see a skull above your head! Just dont fall for this guys and those out there that might take this and do this shame on you..

Just turn area sound off. It is the three dish icons.

Reminds me, I need to turn off area sound while PKing. I thought some dude did bug abuse in the wild because he entangled me, then I hear ice sounds. I thought he was blitzing me, so I just start TBing like crazy. lol

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

like the first day i started playing runescape i got scammed out of some bronze stuff. i was like crying im serious

then some guy did the "grab the zammy wine" thing on me and i lost a couple hundred coins. once again, i had lost everything #-o

ive never "technically" been scammed since but there was this one guy who could "double" your money so just to make sure he was a scammer before i reported him i went up to him and said hey can you double my money and i gave him 500 coins and he said "loser!!!" and logged out thinking he was rich lolololol

LOL you were crying.

back to rs, i guess. it's been 4 months.

RSN:P H Osho <- gonna start on him soon, fresh.

The most obvious scam is that they trade something eles instead of what theyr'e telling you. I have never fell for this myself but a few of my friends have. My advice is on the first page click what their trading because it tells you what it is and on the second page read carefully because they may have changed it.

Not sure if they guy was scamming or just trying to mess with people and get their hopes up, but here:

Dude: Buying 400 bs - 1.2M! Good freakin' deal!

" "

""

Me (on PM): Meh, I'll sell it to you to shut you up.

Dude: Since no one is selling, I'll pay 1.3m

Dude: I'll come to your world. (Does absolutely nothing.)

Me: I hate scammers like you. *Ignores him*

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

not really a scam but i took me ages (2 weeks) to get 3 mil for my whip (yes this was ages ago) so i was laggin bad and stuff at nan's com (1998) which i surpose the best thing to use so anyway i was buying my whip completely lagged out i clicked accept seval tiem then (connection lost... waiting to be...) so i kept clicking finally got back in and the idiot was laugh i gave him 3 mil for free "sigh" i got 1 mil nearly getting it again

**~~dumb~~**

just got scammed y esterday :( heres how

i just sold everything i owned (whip, obby set, run eboots, etc) to buy full veracs and go to kq with my bud dmpg. so i do that we go to kq nothin good (had fun tho) so next day i say u know wat im low on cash im gonna merch my veracs (bought for 4.6m the day before) so i went to w2 sold for 4.7, bought for 4.6, didnt pay attention and got 2 skirts no helm :(. then i said well maybe ican trick sum1 else with this maybe ill have the same luck i say sell full v gu y trades me then i put up the stuff he offers 4.7m, then i accept but he did it so smothly he changed at same time i accepted so i didnt have to click accept then he change then i accept again then go to 2nd screen. he changed it to 47000 so i sold my almost full verac for 47k :(

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

I was buying mage logs awhile back for 950k ea when a guy pm's me selling them for 800ea. (knewing it was prob. a scam, I was supersticious) So Itele to cammy and he trades me 1 noted mage log, takes it away, then puts it up again. And he takes that one away and puts up the 8k willow logs :roll: . So I report a said he was a bad scammer. His excuses:

1.I lagged

2.I pressed wrong button

3.I got scammed earlier

4.They were really mage logs and now I'm gonna get banned :anxious:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

just got scammed y esterday :( heres how

i just sold everything i owned (whip, obby set, run eboots, etc) to buy full veracs and go to kq with my bud dmpg. so i do that we go to kq nothin good (had fun tho) so next day i say u know wat im low on cash im gonna merch my veracs (bought for 4.6m the day before) so i went to w2 sold for 4.7, bought for 4.6, didnt pay attention and got 2 skirts no helm :(. then i said well maybe ican trick sum1 else with this maybe ill have the same luck i say sell full v gu y trades me then i put up the stuff he offers 4.7m, then i accept but he did it so smothly he changed at same time i accepted so i didnt have to click accept then he change then i accept again then go to 2nd screen. he changed it to 47000 so i sold my almost full verac for 47k :(

And honestly, I HATE immature kids like you who will scam someone else just because you got scammed. I'm sorry but quit making the game worse for everyone else. :evil:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

guess what. yeah scams. a dude tries to scam me he shows 5.000 coal and yup it becomes 500 exactly when i accept the trade guess on 2 sec after ive putted my cash up. but as good as i am i se it really fast. then he says: dang your good .....? im like omg? what is this rofl well reported btw bye bye

I have been nearly scammed twice.

This n00b wanted my obby cape for a blue freemink and I thought ok, I am in a generous mood I will do it. They put up the cape and take it off, they keep doing this for ages and we both finally except. She had only taken the cape and wanted my obby cape for free! I was in a generous mood, after that......no chance.

The first time I nearly got scammed was a 'mod' pm'ed me and tried asking for my password, then he said his dad worked for jagex and could make me lvl 99 at everything...... hahahaha

saskia snow

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

I remember when I was trying to merchant Coal a while ago. I thought this guy was buying Coal for a good price(200 ea), it turns out that he was an item switcher. So the first time, I get scammed but I don't notice until the second time. The second time, I catch him switching and then I decide to take out some money to make it even. Eventually he got confused and we were both at the second trade screen with the offer in favor of me, but I declined because I didn't want to look like I was the one scamming.

i was trying to buy a magic log at arodune bank when some guy pmed me asking "hey do you have any extra accounts?"

i said " i do have some nood accounts if thats what you mean"

he said" can i have one?"

i said "no"

i report him for account trading

he said " you won the player moderator lotery, you will become a mod if you give me your pass"

i report him for password scamming

i replied"omg are you that stupid?"

he said" why would i be stupid you just won the player moderator lottery"

i said "<----- look"

he said"if you give me your pass you'll become a player moderator"

i said"omg u noob i am a moderator already"

lolololololololol

the scammer didn't even notice the white crown even when i pointed too it.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Well i have never ever scam anybody in my whole runescape life. And this stupid noob dared tried to scam me and he suceed.

scammer: selling b bones for 200 each

me: i'll buy

scammer:ok

he showed me 100 b bones i gave him 20k then i was gonna acept then he changed it to bones and i didn't even notice.

scammer: ty

me:ty

i didn't notice that i got scammed untill i bought the real b bones

#-o i was really not mad cause it was only 20k but i couldn't believe how stupid i was!

~cmistom~

runescape merchant!

cmistom.png

well this story happened a little before i got hacked by the password block thing. This story happend when i got full addy.

this scammer with full rune comes up to me and ask hey wanna be in a clan?

me: umm ok

scammer: ok follow me

me: ok

scammer: now take off all your armor and put it on the table

me: umm why?

scammer: i want to try it on to see how i look

me: you already got a cool armor

scammer: but i want to see how i look

me: no

scammer: then this me you don't trust me

me: oh

scammer: i trust you but you don't trust me

me: ok how bout this i trade my armor for your armor and i can see how i look when i wear it

scammer: umm no thanks

me: ok whatever

then the scammer log out and i just walk away

~cmistom~

runescape merchant!

cmistom.png