Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

1. I was fresh off of Tutorial Island and I bought Goblin Mail for 25 gp...I started a new account.

2.The account I have now when I was about level 25 traded my full mithril for a "rune" sword, which was switched to an iron.

That was when RS2 was first released, never fallen for a scam since.

Loi86.png

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 2 storys :[

Looooong time ago:

Back when D legs were quite a lot of money, some random dude pmed me and said he would sell them for 500k to me. I acted all excited and totally fooled this guy to think I was going to fall for this obvious fake sell.

He tells me to meet him northwest of edge bank...right into the wildy. I brought nothing but 3 pieces of worn equipment and started to go "lolololololol" once he entangled and maged me. Right before my death, I told him good job.

He pmed me and was soo mad lol. Nothing lost.

Story II:

Back when there were no grimy herbs, I was training for a new quest that had a high wc requirement. I bought a d axe with all of my money and happily got the required level. I posted on the fourms to sell it at the current price at that time (3.0M) and got an offer of 400 Rannar Unids. 200k over the price.

I was sorta suspious due to the Unid tendency, so i did the anti-scam method.

Before the trade, I asked him to give me 1 noted unid, so i knew he wasnt lying, and he kindly gave me one free rannar unid, which was confirmed after the trade.

We traded again, and guess what...

He logs.

There are two stacks of unids in my inventory now.

I bank to check.

They're 400 guams.

giving the daxe left an open spot in my inventory...

Rawr. #-o

Lewa1200.png

Dragon L00T: D Legs

Barrows L00T: AH Skirt, T Helm2, V Helm

Owner of a Questy Cape

Currently Slaying stuffs

this was on my pure:

argumentyt7.png

lmao.... this is on my pure, he was lvl 33, this guy was lvl 29... :XD:

Wow, I know this is from, like, the first page, but wow... Hilarious! Should've reported him again for calling you the daughter of a [bleep]. :|

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

i cant believe i almost fell for this.

sum1 gave me a free yew long (u) to alch to see how much i get per alch (384). yew long u are 393. i 4got that i got my first one for free and i almost buy like 2k yew long (u)s for alching until my good friend Necrodon1 says "yew long (u) are 393, and alch for 384"

lol. i dont think he was trying to scam, but i almost lost a lot of money.

ty Necrodon1, narb buddy and rival 4ever

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

This scam happened in f2p when i was around 50 combat, some guy came up to me in full rune (g) and said "do you like my armour?" obviously at the time being a noob i said, "wow! thats amazing, how'd you get it?!" he said that if i gave him my full rune, he'd trim it all into rune (g) for free, not knowing of any such scam i gave him my full rune, (which was all i had that was worth money) and he said i should wait in fally bank till he came back, i waited..and waited, until eventually, i gave up, i clicked the report abuse button and saw you could report for item scaming. i'm am alot more aware of trades nowadays :wall:

Credit to Dalek403 (Sam) for this Sig

runekidysig2.png

This scam happened in f2p when i was around 50 combat, some guy came up to me in full rune (g) and said "do you like my armour?" obviously at the time being a noob i said, "wow! thats amazing, how'd you get it?!" he said that if i gave him my full rune, he'd trim it all into rune (g) for free, not knowing of any such scam i gave him my full rune, (which was all i had that was worth money) and he said i should wait in fally bank till he came back, i waited..and waited, until eventually, i gave up, i clicked the report abuse button and saw you could report for item scaming. i'm am alot more aware of trades nowadays :wall:

lol thats stupid -.-

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I've fallen for the old "Buying Rune Plate 100k" trick before, (actually thinking they were) So I trade them, and they put up 100k. I quickly accept, and they decline.

"OOps, sorry about that"

So I trade again, this time not hitting accept, and he changes the 100k to 1004 or whatever like a complete idiot. How stupid do you have to be to see this blinking exclamation point flashing in front of your face, and bypass it, and hit accept?! :roll: People who fall for that kill me...

Soccerdudety.png

MY RUNESCAPE GOALS

soccerdudety.png

soccerdudety.png

This isn't really a scam but once this guy told me that to "trim" stuff, you had to go to carin isle. So I pull up the map and look, it's in a members area, and I run to the karamja volcanoe, praying that I could get there, and of course I couldn't. :?

I did however, get scammed out of a d skirt once (only 180k, but still) before the ge, w2 fally, i was in a rush to sell it, some guy was very quick lol and took away the money then accepted just as i accepted, and then I hit accept again, the whole trade lasted about 5 seconds lol.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I myself have got caught with that edgeville wildy scam, where l had 15k cannonballs on me hwich took ages to make and are worth over 2 mill and a guy said he would buy them and to meet him in edgeville, which l did wearing my glory and all and then he meets me at the edge of the wildy and l go there then he walks up a bit so l stupidly follow, then him and his mate slam me with ancients so l can't move or anything then 2 seconds later l'm dead, and you know the rest

I myself have got caught with that edgeville wildy scam, where l had 15k cannonballs on me hwich took ages to make and are worth over 2 mill and a guy said he would buy them and to meet him in edgeville, which l did wearing my glory and all and then he meets me at the edge of the wildy and l go there then he walks up a bit so l stupidly follow, then him and his mate slam me with ancients so l can't move or anything then 2 seconds later l'm dead, and you know the rest

reason why I'm glad for wildi ditch.

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

power_ness.png

A quick quote for those who have goals that seem far away.

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. ~Arthur Ashe

I have a quick test for you to take.

Click HERE to take it, and tell me how you do through a PM

Also, if you want to find out some odd, yet concerning facts about American society click HERE.

Requires adobe reader to view.

reason why I'm glad for wildi ditch.

so sorry for the loss and yes very glad for the wild ditch but even with it people still lure and with the new wild comeing out there will be more and more lures so watch out

~Mithruler1~

bf795a1a72.png

MSSW4TI.png

MSSW4Banner.gif

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

CLICK! CLICK!

I'm sorry this is going slightly off-topic, but i'll keep it as close as I can - The wilderness ditch had helped a lot reducing lures while wilderness was as it was, but "The Wilderness" is not coming back, it's going to be like RSC, right at the begginning, when you could fight other people anywhere.

Simple bit of advice for any lower levels, or the younger/more naive audience - DON'T arrange trades in the worlds that are added for this purpose, make sure it's in a world that you know is safe :thumbsup: ;)

tidus_2555.png

My Blog

My Training Guide

Drop records go here, but I lost count of all of my drops while I was away from TIF/They were down :(

Lmao my cousin fell for that 2 times in a row. The first time happened and i told him not to do it again. Next week, he does it again :roll: and last week, he dropped a clue scroll cuz a rev was attacking him... on a scale of 1 to 10, probably a 9 on stupidity

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

I've fallen for the old "Buying Rune Plate 100k" trick before, (actually thinking they were) So I trade them, and they put up 100k. I quickly accept, and they decline.

"OOps, sorry about that"

So I trade again, this time not hitting accept, and he changes the 100k to 1004 or whatever like a complete idiot. How stupid do you have to be to see this blinking exclamation point flashing in front of your face, and bypass it, and hit accept?! :roll: People who fall for that kill me...

Yeah, the exclamlamation point anti-scam update put that one in the coffin. Then the trade limit update threw a grenade in it, quickly nailed it shut, and buried it 50 feet of reinforced concrete.

"OOps, sorry about that"

back in the day there was no blinking point...and even way back in the days there was no 2nd screen

XboxLive, PSN, Steam: fizz4m

If you add me, please say you are from tif :D

i near got scammed once with the trading system some guy was trying to trade me a rune scimmy but it was disguist as a bronze scimmy lucky i spotted on the second sceen of the trade and reported the guy right away :thumbsup:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I've had people try to switch me for infinity gear/anything costing over 1m, as they would try to put in 1500 coins as opposed to 1500k. That's just dumb though, as i haven't seen that worked since when the trade screen looked the same as stake offer.

My parents have decided to keep me off the game forever. I'll miss you guys.

I'm embarrased to say I fell for one of the lamest scams ever. When I was in first week or so of playing some guy and his friend chatted me up while I was fishing on F2P in Karamja. I had just got my first set of Addy armour and these two dudes told me if I logged out and changed my pass to "runelong" when I logged back in I'd get a free rune long in my inventory. You can guess the result.

Despite the fact that I am all too familiar with the phrase "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't" I fell for that scam. The lesson is that greed will hurt you. Now I work for everything I have. I have some decent trade skills levels and make money pretty easy, although I'm not by any means rich. As long as I have enough to buy what I need to level up my skills I'm happy. I real don't understand why some people's idea of fun is the accumulation of wealth and going around trading people to show them 50 million gp. It just doesn't impress me.

What did impress me was in that first week of playing a high level guy stopped me and just gave me 5k cash just to be nice and help out a noob. Since then I have had far more fun helping new players than any other activity in the game.