Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

I got scammed about 1.3mil for full guth recently, some guy switched the helm for chainskirt. And the funny thing is, I took a long time before I accepted to check, but I only checked that all were guthan items, lol. Good thing I knew about the leaf bladed scam though, people are so obvious doing that scam! They don't even bother to buy a spear to switch out! They put it up in the first place! Lol!

Another time I had 200k, merched to 500k. Some guy was selling dragon bones for cheap so i thought i would use most my money atm to merch them. Then he quickly changed the dragon bones to big bones and I press accept on second screen, i was in a rush :wall: . And I lose like all the money I had maybe i got 100k left.

Another time this guy tried to scam me when I was buying an item (I forget), and he is wc in wildy and tells me to come. I see it as an obvious scam and only brought my dds almost killed the guy he had to pray and eat and use his friend since it was a multi zone. Then i shouted "Oh noez 6mil down the drain!" And they were like "w00t" then they probably saw my bones and were ticked off.

Another time I almost killed a lurer with dds, he had 100m on him. Wish I had stayed and atked he was like 1hp to death but then i heard teleblock comin so i teled lol.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got 1 mill thanks to a scam today

he spending 1 mill

i offer him some junk, he does a typo, doesnt realise and hits accept.

i got 1.092 mill :thumbsup:

wait so he added more money instead of taking it away?

i don't get it

1 mill is just a rough estimation.

it was 1392k

Ok, i'll set the scene for you. A guy adds me, lets call him pat thetic, pat here tells me he saw my username on tip.it and is selling rares cheap to raise money for his pure. He asks me if i wanna buy an easter egg for 8m, obviously I jump at the opportunity(they're usually 10-12m) Then I think this must be some wildy scam, I ask him where we meet and he says ranged guild, i think: no way he can scam me here. He says he's training and hes up in the tower, i go up there with my 8m in cash and no armour whatsoever on. He asks me to follow as he walks towards the archers who shoot addy arrows!! I get hit pretty hard, down from 76 health to 34 in a matter of 4 or 5 seconds. I had auto-retaliate on as usual, so that made it even harder to run to the ladder and climb down, luckily I do it in time. I thought about reporting but sadly, it seemed he didn't technically break any rules. So some stupidity on my part but...

Moral of the story: BEWARE OF TRADES IN RANGED GUILD TOWER!!!

:evil:

(If in the wrong forum, feel free to move)

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

Got 2:

i am me (lvl 75 at the time) and the scammer is level 3 friend is level 30.

Scammer:follow for drop party!!!!

Me and about 4 other follow.

Scammer: its my friend hes dropping d axe and he says no armour.

Me: why no armour (had no idea about range guild tower.

Scammer: i dunno friend's drop party

So we see his friend after we walked in range guild hes level 30 so everyone but me runs off.

Me and the friend walk off into the tower.

Friend: ok trade me fast and ill give u the stuff i need 50 trades.

Me: ok

I trade several times fast and the friend tries to get me hit by archers.

Unlucky for him hes the one that got hit and retaliate he ran back and died. :boohoo:

but good for me free d axe :thumbsup:

Second one is the high to low scam i was selling d long and i got an offer of 100k i thought it was not a scam.

so i didnt see it and got 10k for a d long :evil:

geoff005.gif

here im not the one that got scammed but here's what i witnessed and i even tryed to stop them lol

scammer1: selling monkey bones for 100k ea

scammer2: buying monkey bones 340k ea

scammer3: buying monkey bones 340k ea

scammer4: selling monkey bones 100k ea

*yea there were 4 of them!!!*

me:*reports 1 of them and keeps saying its a scam*

*goes on for a lil more than 1 min and i report the second scammer*

*same exept for 3rd, and after 4rth*

then i decided id trade him just to see his reaction (scammer1)

when i decline, he says: ?

me: lol scammer

scammer1: how am i a scammer i didnt even say a price

me: cause ur seling it as they're buying it for more than double

him: lol i aint a scammer think before speaking

me: lol i already saw that scam

him: think before speaking *him and 2 other scammers logout*

me: *continue my way to mine...*

scammer5!: selling monkey bones 100k ea

someting makes me think scammer 5 is a guy that got scammed and was trying to scam someone else to have his money back...

but why were there so many scammers there?! never saw that... coudnt beleive my eyes... at least i made some reports

One day in fallador when i was a member a Guy came up to me and said this "I'll give you 800k if you help me with my pking video" So me being willing to earn a 800k for doing nothin said "sure". he asked "Can you bring your whip and only just your whip so it looks more real." I replyed "OK" So we go up to the wildy and this guy is just decked out in Full rune Zammy and whip and obby cape. He starts attacking me (I wasn't really scared becuase i had no skull but i had the protect item on anyways) , he gets me down to about 15 life and say "make it look real!" After about a min a noted cannon piece comes on the ground. I hesitated. Ran over to it and picked it up! To my horror there was 4 Cannon stands. I ran to the non wildy (droped the cannan peices outside of wildy)but he ddp++ speced me. He hit a 12 and a 2 I had one life left. I looked on the screen to see if i was posioned. To my delite i wasn't so i picked up the peices and ran away to fallador. After that i logged and went out side and started jumping around becuase of exitment and crying becuase i almost lost my prized "whip"!

If i catch anyone doing this again i will personaly want to hurt you badly but prolly won't :XD:

Good Day :D :D

when i ws still dumb and always getting scammed i went to house party. Then the owner came up to me and told me that his d legs looked really big on the table. So he told me to put my obyy shield on the table to look.

so once i did the guy asked if they did also, and i said yea kinda. so then he logged out!! or something im still not sure on that house stuff/ so i was booted out his house :ohnoes: . once i was outside the house i didnt know what had even happened. so the guy took my obby shield and started to laugh at me for being so dumb :wall:

Here's a wonderful piece of advice, from the creator of Runescape, JaGeX, itself:

Runescape2006-08-121301.jpg

^^^I couldn't agree more with that advice^^^

(And I always check the other trade window. even before JaGeX put out this weekly advice thing on the log-in page. (after you login, and press 'OK' on the notification screen --the screen that says "You have a Bank PIN" "You have set Recovery Questions" blahblah). ).

the week that pic was up i 4got 2 check and eneded up paying 10k for a llobster

can we really not name people?

runemghost,anthony7489.gif

whats ingrediants for admiral pie?

1 admiral and some pastry

At falador some idiot told me he'd buy my air staff 100k, he then switched to 100gp...I declined, reported him and told him he was a bad scammer and then he said `I was just practising!'.

sag2k.pngblackdragonanim.gif

usually logged on,private may be on friends.

They call me...Noob!

well when i was a wee little nub like lv 30 on my main i had picked up rune legs pl8 and kite.. my friend says that hes a member and goes i have a hammer 99 smithing and 3 "bright bars" so he can make me sara legs pl8 and kite for free cuz he wants to be nice... oh well... he got banned muahaha! :shame:

!@#$%^&*warririo!@#$%^&*

This one happened to me not long ago.

I was walking around in rimmington, when all of a sudden this level 40something comes up and asks if he can see what in my invent (I was wearing full rune t at the time), anyway, this is how it went:

Scammer: Hi, can i see whats in your invent?

Me: Why?

Scammer: cos your lvl 89 and i dont know what lvl 89's have in their invent

Me: I only have some telerunes and money... (Note: ALL my runes, and ALL my money)

Scammer: Oh... want to duel me in my house

Me: Bleh, sure why not

*Goes to house*

*Duels*

*He dies about 20 times in the process of getting me down to 5hp*

*All of a sudden he ejects me from his house*

Scammer: Oh sorry, here have this

*Gives me raw karambwan*

*Scammer lights fire*

Scammer: Here, you can cook it on this

*I cook*

*I eat*

*I realise i only had 3hp for some reason #-o *

*I'm poisoned, I die :wall: *

I lost my rune t helm, all my runes (100 laws, various basic runes), and all my money (100-and-something K)

I reported him, sold the rest of my rune t, bought some runes, went back to wcing...

Edit: No I didn't realise Karambwan was poisonous at the time

Mudkipman.png

(Will never take off bearhead in public)

One time, some guy ( it was sad I was level 46 at the time on my old acc ), and since I broswed tipit i knew alot about rs ) comes up and says, hey wanna buy full rune 20k? and I say yah and so he says drop it I'll drop the rune and i say ".... ok scammer bye" for an hour hes following me hes saying " thats how the game works nub u drop stuff to trade".I finally say I dropped it a few feet back and he goes there, I report, end of the whole thingy.

Another time It was in seers a couple of mods were in the bank the scammer actually tries to scam the mod, he mutes them it was funny because he was following people I thik trying to scam them unknowing tht hes muted =P.

Another time, 500k for a frog token,lol. I didnt really fall for it even tho i basicly got scammed. He said try to die it might be on the ground i do it with nothing on end of story.

dragonmzombie,mr.%20nub%20nub.gif

Going for 2.4 bil cabbage, plz donate

currently at 120 cabbage =/

some guy pm's (already knew him (not long)) he sels whip in for 1,4mil just above oziach so i think ''lets have some fun'' so i get my runes for wind wave and snare and go to him he trades me shows whip and runs further in wildy saying sorry i click wrong and rund so i follow he trades again then 2 of his friends a few lvls lower then me attack me whit rune scimmy's and i mage em to nothingnes with snares and windblasts (ofcourse first the whip guy) and got some rune stuf and a whip =) (that where my only pk's to =p)

I was getting ready to PK (mage) and this guy says you wanna buy a whip 1.4 mill. I say yeah sure why not. He tells me to go to his mate cutting willows in edgeville. So I go with my sara staff (in my inventry not weilded) so there his mate is my lvl trades me and shows me the wip and lures me to the wildy.

He starts attacking me and binding me trying to nick my cash so I own him with a few binds and saras. When he dies I get 5000 fires, 1000 natures and 500 bloods.

Then he starts begging me and saying he needed his stuff and he wasnt really scamming me. Me: Sure...meet me in the wildy and bring 1.4 mill.

He comes to the wildy and begs so I give him the runes back and he sells me the whip for 1.4mill so in the end I got my whip for 1.4mill. If your still reading this I feel really sorry for you as you must be very bored.

So there I got my whip for 1.4mill while killing a scammer...Wow I didn't know my story could be this boring.

.sigs these of many too read have you backwards this read you If

CapeAnimation.gif

Finding cool stuff = advertising.

Guest geeman122

well i was on world 1 merchanting as usual i was saying buying all coal 180ea geeman a levl 3 trades me and puts up 1k iron i was so tired of typing i didnt even look at the trade and got scamed out of 80k not that bad

well now i always chack the trade and havnt been scamed a again

I got scammed twice, once in RSC (Noob) and then again a few months back.

First time I was in the Varrock bar hanging out. This guy asks me to come upstairs with him for an offer. I follow him, and he says he'll turn my bronze armor into mithril armor. As a noob who recently started, I thought it was true. So I gave him my armor and he logs out. And now, today, I find it hilarious that someone would scam someone for bronze armor :lol:

The second time when I learned over the years, I was selling 1k coal for 200k and someone trades me. He put up 200k then switched to 20k. I didn't realize this, and I accepted. Afterwards, when I found out, I just shrugged it off and continued doing whatever.. Now I check the trade windows. :)

KingKnight1.jpeg

One time i pked 6 sets of full rune in a day pretty good start for me, I headed to varrok west bank and said selling 6 sets of rune 180k ea. One noob came up to me and said il buy em all. He offered me 1.08m then mid way during trade switched its to 108k. As if i wouldnt noticed i left. And called him a pathetic noob. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pamont2.gif

Pamont2.gif

Perhaps the most common scam I am coming accross these days involves barrows armor. I've had this scam atempted on me almost every time I've tried to buy a set of barrows armor. The scammer offers the full set of barrows, you put up money, then they quickly switch the helm (very expenisve piece of the armor) for the legs (least expenisve piece of the armor). Sometimes they don't even do a switch, and just offer two legs from the beginning. Often times, players only take note that they are being offered 4 of pieces of barrows armor, and they fail to notice that one of the pieces is missing. I am so paranoid these days that even a legit trade looks suspitious to me :(

i was in seers bank a few months ago, and i saw some guy buying whip for seers ring, and some1 buying seers ring for 2.2m or something like that. i thought, w00t! free money! i accept 1st screen and then think to meself, "hey, isnt a seers ring only 1m?" i decline and feel a little silly for almost falling for that basic scam.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

i have one:

scammer:buying d long 300k

my thoughts:he's obvously scamming but ill humor him

i trade

he puts up 300k i put up long

i click accept.

he changes to 30k.

i report him and say he is a scammer and he logs.

i foiled his devious plot! :mrgreen: also he was like 75, how dissapointing :shame:

i use a new account now "knex2"

This happened twice:

I was at the duel arena. I saw a guy saying "range staking all levels!" I looked him up and saw his range lvl was TWENTY lvls below mine! I grew immediatly suspicious. Why would a noob ranger be willing to stake players who could have higher stats and range lvls? I knew he was a scammer. But I decided I'd try to catch him. So I staked him 20k (my usual stake) and saw his rules. He turned off mage and melee and turned every armor piece off, even the shield! So this was his scam! He'd thought people would use bows which were two handed, and would be helpless. He probably had darts. Well, I fought him anyway. This noob thought he was gonna own me. I pulled out my black darts which I had with me just in case of scammers like these, and I owned him.

My friend told me this story:

He was buying stuff in falador. A guy said he was buying full rune for 1212k (1.2mil). My friend immediatly offered his rune and the guy ofered the money. Obviously, this guy was a scammer. Just before the second screen, he tried to switch the cash to 12k. However, he switched too late and it remained at 1212k! This dude didn't notice, and he lost all his cash. But thats not all! after thwe trade, the guy didn't realize he made a mistake. He switched worlds. He then pmed my friend and ahd the audacity to say "haha I scammed you! Howz it feel?" My friend said "I have all your money dude" and the guy logged off.

Haha! scammer got owned!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Perhaps the most common scam I am coming accross these days involves barrows armor. I've had this scam atempted on me almost every time I've tried to buy a set of barrows armor. The scammer offers the full set of barrows, you put up money, then they quickly switch the helm (very expenisve piece of the armor) for the legs (least expenisve piece of the armor). Sometimes they don't even do a switch, and just offer two legs from the beginning. Often times, players only take note that they are being offered 4 of pieces of barrows armor, and they fail to notice that one of the pieces is missing. I am so paranoid these days that even a legit trade looks suspitious to me :(

Plus there was the old trick of offering leaf bladed spear instead of guthan's spear. Luckily Jagex knew that and now made the leaf bladed spear untradeable.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.