Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

here was a scam i experienced in members world

smammer: (pms me) I'm buyin a gnomeball for 1 mill you have one?

me: no srry

scammer#2: im sellin a gnomeball, you wanna buy?

me: umm...ya sure how much?

scammer#2: offer

me:umm...5k(its only 5k...)

scammer#2: lmao i want 100k. i heard that ppl buy for 1 mil

me: then y dont u sell it to him

scammer#2: i cant find them.

Me: ill give u the name(i type in scammer#1's name)

after tht, both scammers logged off..lol

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG LIKE ONCE I ALMOST GOT SCAMMED BY AN UB3R SCAMA. I PUT UP MY *insert expensive item here* AND HE OFFERED ME 1 MIL... I'M LIKE "OMG THATS LIKE UBBER AWESOME" SO WE LIKE TRADE AND HE TRADES THEN I TRADE THEN I ACCEPT THEN HE ACCEPTS AND AND AND HE CHANGES IT FROM 1MIL TO 10004 OMG THAT WAS SUUUUUCH A CLOSE CALL. THEN I WENT ON THIS FORUM THREAD AND POSTED THIS WONDERFUL POST.

lolathon.

Omg! Great story. I'm glad you didn't accept the l10004 gp. That would have really sucked!!!

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

ive never actually been scammed...but...

well..ppl have tried that "free armor trimming" on me...and well..wen i was like lvl 20 or sumthing so i mightve fallen for it..i told him i liked it as it was lmao!!

\'

ive never actually been scammed...but...

well..ppl have tried that "free armor trimming" on me...and well..wen i was like lvl 20 or sumthing so i mightve fallen for it..i told him i liked it as it was lmao!!

\'

They've done that to me too, and I've fell for it several times when I was a new player.

Google Guru

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine was sellin a rune pl8 for wat he thought was 110k but some scammer switched it to 11k and my friend didn't notice!! It was kinda funny in a way for me but i felt sorry for him and mangaed to buy him another for 60k. :mrgreen:

The Arbalest Nytes will rule again!!!

tipitptxnp9.gif

[

F2P

They fixed the attacking "outside of the wilderness" glitch. Some idiot was angry because he was not a pmod. Not only that, you make this sound like a big deal. Gullible people do stupid things, simple as that. Not only is this an EXTREMELY easy thing to do, it's not against the rules. Saying "drop party" and dropping nothing, leaving, or dropping bad stuff, is not against the rules. :-s

Live, love, eat!

Luring is not against the rules. If people are stupid enough to fall into a place where they die, it's their fault. And were you there? Did you actually SEE the outside of wildy killing? If so, report it to jagex as a bug. If not, it probably didn't actually happen. Mass confusion is very easy to do.

Live, love, eat!

i once got scammed because i didn't knew the price of a rune dagger(p)

(i didn't knew the price because i was new in members world)

anyhow a friend in real life says that he can get a rune dagger(p) for me

i ask how much it costs and he says "100k or so"

i pay him the money and he gets me the dagger

unfortunatly i found out to late that a rune dagger(p) is not much more than 20k #-o

so i learned that u should always check the price of something u want to buy

P.s. : i lost the dagger about 2 days after that in the abyss :(

proud owner of a Quest Cape

^achieved on 18/02/07^

rick1250.png

So im in world 1 varrock yelling 'selling full rune 200k'.

I get a trader, hes level 30ish.He puts up 350k , so im like 'wow , this is a great deal' I accept really fast only to relise I got 35k.

P.s: I wanted to sell my rune to buy addy(g) , in the end i got 350k off my good friend and bought it :thumbsup:

bowownage.png

new scam u all should read!!! very convincing dont fall for it

today i was in edge and i got a random pm that said "do u want my account for free"

i added him and just said "sure y not" cuz i figured sumthin was up but hey... free account. thats when i realized he was standing near me and whoa!!!! hes lvl 101. so i thout hed say sumthing like too bad noob(im lvl 73) but instead....

he says "ok my pass is ..... and i have good pking stats and everything else is pretty good." then he logs off.

i check and its the real deal so im excited cuz the stats rocked so i change the pass and recovery questions and i check and the bank is wiped out except for non tradable stuff and sum member stuff too( like dragonstone ammy) and the friends list is empty.

sum random guy pmed me on the lvl 101 account and said thanks again for the account u rock. i just think that this guy quit rs and decided to giv away all his accounts.

i log off and do sum merchanting on my lvl 73 to get rid of alot of my stuff for the transfer and about an hour later i see that my lvl 101 logged in.

my heart sinks and sumhow the pass and recovery questions are changed and i hav no idea how.

i tried getting the account back but no luck and the guy didnt answer any of my pms.

the only thing that saved me was the ounce of suspicion and the fact that i needed to sell alot of stuff.

dont let this happen to u

This happened to me. Got a level 81 account, nice pk'ing stats. I'm level 69, but I was still all "New main, oh yeah." But...

YOUR POST SAVED ME! I LOST NOTHING! HOORAY!

He did take it back somehow, even though I changed the recoveries. However, he left dragonhide and a bit of mithril on it. Which I took. Haha.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I like to make fun of people i call "smooth scammers"( i say that with sarcasm)

1. Guy randomly messgaes me: Youve just won the 4m runescape lottery!!!! All you have to do is tell your password to get the money transfered. wow #-o Smooth, not smooth enough

2. I was selling full rune, a guy comes up and puts up 200k and some other stuff. he takes away so its 2k. takes him about 30secs to hit the accept button, while im seeing the 2k not 200k. smooth, not smooth enough

3. And the all famous: Hi im with Jahgex (scammers never spell Jagex right, its because they have no soul) I will ban your account unless you give me your pass and 100k. Smooth, not smooth enough.

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

hey, well once i was buying 1k b bones so the game trades me and puts 1k big bones then he declines and says "oops" and then he trades back and puts 1k bones, so i just accepted fast cuz i was buying for a cheap price but i didnt notice he puts normal bones soo he scammed me.reported him and did the same thing lol. \'

Wc_slayer3.png

once upon a time, i was fishing in the fishing guild...

there were 2 guys, they were (probably) friends with eachother cause one was letting the other try on his santa... so here's basicly how the convo goes... (i will refer to the scammer as wassup)

me: hey, can i try on your santa? you're letting your friend

wassup:no, you might scam me.

reasonable enough...

me: if i let you hold 30 mil will you let me wear your santa for a lil bit?

Me: then we trade back?

wassup: no....

(few minutes later)

wassup: well, ok meet me in bank

so we meet in the bank and we trade. he tries to switch the santa with a fez (or whatever they're called the ones that look like santas)

i guess the scammed became the scammer... (or something like that i dunno)

Yayyyyyy...

i dont know if anyone posted this one before im not done yet but i was in faldor buying sets of laws for 35k then selling to this guy for 50k so this guy comes up and says folo me for free full rune i folo cause free is free. he gives me a candle a spade and a tinderbox. says to light the candle and go down the mole hole i do and he says give me back my stuff and we will go find my friend. so i give him back his spade and tinderbox. then unlight the candle give it to him. the insects attack me i die they split the stuff :wall: all i lost is a ring of recoil, rune boots and 50k though

im not crazy everyone else is!!! unless im wrong

if you give a noob a muffin he will probaly ask for another and butter

scammees always believe the scammer nothing you can do

new scam u all should read!!! very convincing dont fall for it

today i was in edge and i got a random pm that said "do u want my account for free"

i added him and just said "sure y not" cuz i figured sumthin was up but hey... free account. thats when i realized he was standing near me and whoa!!!! hes lvl 101. so i thout hed say sumthing like too bad noob(im lvl 73) but instead....

he says "ok my pass is ..... and i have good pking stats and everything else is pretty good." then he logs off.

i check and its the real deal so im excited cuz the stats rocked so i change the pass and recovery questions and i check and the bank is wiped out except for non tradable stuff and sum member stuff too( like dragonstone ammy) and the friends list is empty.

sum random guy pmed me on the lvl 101 account and said thanks again for the account u rock. i just think that this guy quit rs and decided to giv away all his accounts.

i log off and do sum merchanting on my lvl 73 to get rid of alot of my stuff for the transfer and about an hour later i see that my lvl 101 logged in.

my heart sinks and sumhow the pass and recovery questions are changed and i hav no idea how.

i tried getting the account back but no luck and the guy didnt answer any of my pms.

the only thing that saved me was the ounce of suspicion and the fact that i needed to sell alot of stuff.

dont let this happen to u

This happened to me. Got a level 81 account, nice pk'ing stats. I'm level 69, but I was still all "New main, oh yeah." But...

YOUR POST SAVED ME! I LOST NOTHING! HOORAY!

He did take it back somehow, even though I changed the recoveries. However, he left dragonhide and a bit of mithril on it. Which I took. Haha.

It's against the rules to take someone elses account, even if they give it to you. It is also usually a scam. The recovery questions do not reset until a couple days after you set them because if it was a hacker, then you would not be able to get your account back. This scam is used often to make you put all your items onto the "good account" and then when you get used to the account, BAM, all the stuff is gone :shock:

I was buying 50k yew logs, at the time the price was 250 each. someone offered to sell me all 50k for 220 each. I jumped at the deal in a heartbeat, put up the 11m , traded, and turns out he switched 50k yew logs for willow logs at the last second, and i was stuck with 50k willows!

:wall: :wall:

Heh, i love it when the scammers get owned :wall:

I was buying a Rune 2h, i saw a level 3 selling for 40k, i though "must be a scam" but you can never be sure. So i put up my 40k and he put up the r2h, then i accepted he accpeted, in the second trade window my offer was 40k and his was Iron 2h and Rune 2h..he mucked up big time, he accepted that as well then realised what he had done, he starting saying "Mason is a scammer all report him" lol.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Once I was selling big bones and the following exchange takes place:

Scammer: "Buying 100 b bones: 100K"

Me: Offers to trade.

Scammer: offers to trade and posts 100K

Me: Offers 100 b bones and accepts before he can change the amount of cash.

Scammer: Declines trade.

Scammer: "Whoops!!" and offers again.

Me: Repeats trade offer, offers 100, and accepts once he puts up his cash.

Me: Notices he changed 100K to 1004, and declines.

Me: "Whoops!!" And offer to trade again.

I repeated this 3 more times, until he gives up and walks away. I reported him and left.

And once when I was fishing, a guy offered 1K for a fire. I told him I'm making a fire, made it, let him cook his stuff, and asked for my money. He started laughing and saying I was a noob. I didn't have anything better to do, so I followed him to Varrock, calling him a liar and a scammer. He walked into Varrock clothes shop, climbed the ladder, walked over to the wall and logged out. I wait for about 15 seconds and he logs in with a different (lower lvl) character (almost the same name), and walks to the same space his higher lvl was at. I realize he is drop trading, walk over, and pick up his 34 lobbies. He starts begging me for his lobbies, offering to give me the 1K he promised for the fire if I give him the lobbies. I laughed, called him a noob, reported him and walked away. Don't you just love it when you get money from a scammer! :D

I almost got scammed out of a santa and 1m worth of skill materials because he changed his cash amount and accepted fast..

Oh ya wait, the scam worked :oops:

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

just got scammed of 1.8 mill well maybe less if u change the selling price of bs

anyway I offered 9000 Bs he offers 2k magic logs (and 1 runite bar and ddp) i accept next trade screen I accepted that too only to realise afterwards it was willow logs (2k altough I can use that to fletch I can get 2k willows for well 1.5+ mill less lol) yea im a bit peshed now but I can make it back altough im not gonna get on today but I am play some rainbow six vegas or something else to vent my anger. Im never trading lower lvls (lvl 71 Id post his name but id rather not)

Also got a deja vu when I almost traded 4k lobbys for 1 mill. but that scam I saw through due to lagg lol.

Runescape ingame name: Rmond (on the forum this name was already taken)

Rmond.png

I was advertising selling my Whip for 1.9m Cash only in Varrock West world 9. Sure enough, a lv3 walks up. I automatically think scammer, and accept the trade. He puts up 4,444k and I put up the whip. I wait a sec, hit accept and sure enough, he drops it to 44,444gp. I decline, report him, and walk off.

Idiots... :shame: :shame:

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

It's against the rules to take someone elses account, even if they give it to you. It is also usually a scam. The recovery questions do not reset until a couple days after you set them because if it was a hacker, then you would not be able to get your account back. This scam is used often to make you put all your items onto the "good account" and then when you get used to the account, BAM, all the stuff is gone :shock:

Yeah, I knew what he was trying to do, so I gave the few items he had on his account to a random guy. Then I actually saved 2 people from losing their stuff by PMing the account after they "got it for free". I feel special. :D

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

About a week ago, I saw a lvl 3 saying that if I would follow him I would win some fulll rune(g) and he showed it me. I thought it was an obvious scam but followed him anyway. It was the trust test game. I didn't lose anything I couldn't replace, only 40 death, 39 chaos and 67 law. But this is the part that REALLY annoyed me...

His name was something like 4719 6241(an example, not the real name.). I couldn't see how many spaces there were. I only wanted to follow him to report him, so I was pretty annoyed.

runescaperights0hc.gif

Click on Website to join my clan, Impures Unite.

fixfriendsol7.gif

Shouldn't there be more dwarf truck stops? Click to support.

I didnt get scammed but oce i got reported for a miss click -.- I were buying rune legs and instead of pressing offer x i accidently pressed offer all.. thne he press accept and i removed my money to give him the right amount... then he just closed down his trade window fast as.. and then he reported me and left..i h8 people like that

-.- asdasdasd roflmaololert