Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

Well, I was smithing today, and there is a guy selling a rune scimitar for 20k. So, I give him a chance, maybe he is honest, I go up and offer the 20k, he offers up the scimitar. I click accept, he swaps it for an iron scimitar and than hits accept. I don't hit it. He keeps at this for a while trying to scam me, but he gives up for a second. I didn't see it, but he traded with someone else. A newer player. He successfully scams him and he gets irritated, so the scammer is feeling quite full of himself. This time he offers a chaos rune, a law rune, an adamant pickaxe and the rune scimitar. This time however, he adds the iron scimitar and doesn't take away the rune one. We both click accept and he walks away saying, haha noob. Than I guess he realizes he scammed himself. The person who did get scammed however, was angry that he lost his adamant pickaxe. I give him the adamant pickaxe back and I threw in 10k because I felt bad for him, and I remember being new and getting scammed and how I hated it. Well, now, we are pretty good friends.

PS: I still have that scimitar as a spare ;).

tfssig.png

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know if this has been said before but

noob:free gem cutting

me:gets uncut ruby out of bank and trades him and gives it to him

noob:hahahahhahahah

me:*reports*reported

noob:oh well

he was a lvl 8 and i knew it was a scam i just did it to report him

about 2-3 weeks ago, i decided to sell my d chain as i was bored with it and wanted cash to do sum of my goals. i made a forum post and had a nice little auction going, tho i wasnt getting teh price i wanted. then sum guy posts an offer of 16.5m. im liek :shock: omg! i tell him he wins lawl. but as i was changing worlds i had a voice in teh back of my head that said that he was either A: a bait and switch B: a lure.

As i log in and get to edgeville (i do legit trading in edge) i was kinda supsicous. then he said to meet hem by teh men in teh house. we;; that was enough to know he was a lure. so i bank my st00f, and withdraw blk dhide, legends cape, climb boots, msb and r00n arrows, rest is sharks. when i go meet him, i see that hes lvl 65ish lawl. at this point im liek "wheres your stupid ainchent freind? huh? HUH?!!?" he ofcourse denies it.

so i run into lvl 2 wildy, and sure enough, a lvl 104 is waiting 4 me in full ghostly and ainchents staff. (i was lvl 103 at teh time) he ices and fails then dds'es. i mage short spec and start owning teh heck outta him. he ran liek hell rofl. Stupid lures, you cannot fool Linkzelda30! man pwning stupid ppl is fun!

that made me lmao really hard

Scammer:Hello I am a jagex staff trainee

Scammer:You have been chosen to be rewarded with 15 million for your constant help

Scammer:do you want the money?

Me:Yes please :-w

Scammer:ok please change your password to money then when you log in you will have 15 mill in bank

Me:ok (puts him in ignore list and returns to training woodcutting)

note:his name was 0x0xoxox0x0x I think some1 got scammed by this guy before while i was reading through this topic this guys scammed some1 in this topic if i am correct?

Zeremiah.png

One day I finally had enough money to buy full guth. I was really exited so I went into a busy world. I was lagging pretty badly, but I still went to the back of the Varrock bank to find a buyer. I found a buyer, and i though the trade went pretty smooth. Then i realized that he had given me regular rune legs :( ! He had said that he was selling FULL guth. I was sad. I just got scammed 300k. So I went back and tryed to sell my almost full guth. So I found a buyer. I put my guth (with regular legs) up in the trade window and he put up 1.2m. Then I hit exept and he hit exept. I was so happy! I had gotten my money back! I got back to the bank to bank my money when to my horror i found 12k in my inventory. :wall: i had been scammed...again. I learned my lesson that day... ALWAYS check the second trade window. I hope this post might help other people so they can learn to make sure there getting a fair trade. Getting scammed 1m is pretty bad :cry:

sig-1.gif

Hmm, I remember a while back, when I was lvl 80 or so, and i was at fally west bank, then a lvl 66 says the "spending (however much money, i think it was like 2,378k or some random number)" thing, then he trades me, offers the cash and some random green d hide stuff, I offer him some stuff (can't remember what).

Then he declines, and asks me to throw in the D med I'm wearing. I do, and trade again, same amount of cash, all seems normal.

"throw in yer obby shield too m8" says the scammer. So I do, and when he offers the cash, he offers 2,3784 gold instead with the other items.

This is a little trickier to avoid, although I didn't fall for it, but it's trickier because the scammer doesn't actually take back any cash, they just offer a heap of gold the last time and you assume that it's the same thing, unless you're smart and you check every time :-k

So yeah, I just sit there, eventually he (actually might've been a female character, idk) declines and starts running, I had run on at 100%, so I start chasing after him yelling "RUN SCAMMER NOOB RUN!!!!!!!!!!!" :XD: and while I'm chasing the scammer there are some of those people that just hang around that Saradomin statue, they saw it, I can imagine it would be pretty funny seeing me chasing someone like that :thumbsup:

reportsigvj6.png

kidsranqe.png

Check out my Aviansies guide, going back to February 2008! viewtopic.php?f=180&t=772125&p=6254788#p6254788

reginlief_28.png

reginlief_28.png

Some random guy tried to scam me out of full blue mystic, then added 600k, then tried to remove it and fast accept so I didn't notice, the normal thing... but then he accidentally left the 600k there and i got 600k for my full blue mystic!

I was happy :)

rs3-ns.com is it a scam

i was wanting to know how to get a private server and i saw this web site i tryed to run th java app but it didnt work

i created an acc (nothing like my rs one) and when the email arrived to activate my account it was sent by [email protected]

im using my anti spyware to check if iv got anything that could see my password i would recommend to anyone not to go on these sites

they should try playing runescape rather than ruining every one elses experience of the game

Some guy came up to me in Varrock bank when I was wearing my full Guth, and asked if I wanted to join an expensive drop party in the Jolly Boar Inn (north-east of Varrock). So I said sure, and brought along 10 air runes and 10 laws. When we get there he tells me that there is 10M just two steps into wildy, and to wait for it to appear. I can actually see his pure friend who is trying to kill me, and just tele-grab the "10M", which turns out to be 10K. The guy followed me back to Varrock bank begging for his money. :XD:

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

this isnt really spamming, but i used ta have a ivl 76 player with a whip and full rune, he was pretty cool \' but some guy said that he was his character (even though it was mine :evil: ), all i needed ta get mi character back was the member authorization code, but i had lost that a long time ago, so i ended up loosing him :cry: , now iv started over and have a ivl 55 with a gmall, not quite as good, lol, anyways, iv hated that person for taking mi character ever since :x

p.s. his name was vincant2

GESig.gif

Let's see... there were 2 ppl doing the trust bet scam, world hopping.

One would 'win', no matter what any1 'bet'.

And this kept happening.

From world to world to world. A lvl 6 doing the scam, and a lvl 60 'winning'

So, this was another reason, for me, to start my clan.

It's a watch network of people who keep an eye on known scammers if they logon.

Currently, we have a *edited from (mod) :arrow: * p-mod within the ranks \' , so this makes my task easier, which is hounding scammers.

If you see a scammer, get me their acc name, and they'll be added to the watchlist. Also, i'd like to know the scam type that they were using, and their cb lvl (so i can see if they are a disposable account). I've tracked down a few scammer mains thru this already, but if they drop trade the goods, i'm outta luck.

Any people who want to join would be appreciated, as i need more hounders enlisted, and more watchdogs.

*edited, added this :arrow: * Maybe a few trackers would be appreciated too.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

I was PM'ed by someone and they said they were a J-Mod and to give them my password for some lottery. I then asked him where his gold crown was? His reply was "i died and i lost it, the goblins stole it"

picture6sd6.jpg

Let's see... there were 2 ppl doing the trust bet scam, world hopping.

One would 'win', no matter what any1 'bet'.

And this kept happening.

From world to world to world. A lvl 6 doing the scam, and a lvl 60 'winning'

So, this was another reason, for me, to start my clan.

It's a watch network of people who keep an eye on known scammers if they logon.

Currently, we have a mod within the ranks \' , so this makes my task easier, which is hounding scammers.

If you see a scammer, get me their acc name, and they'll be added to the watchlist. Also, i'd like to know the scam type that they were using, and their cb lvl (so i can see if they are a disposable account). I've tracked down a few scammer mains thru this already, but if they drop trade the goods, i'm outta luck.

Any people who want to join would be appreciated, as i need mopre hounders enlisted, and more watchdogs.

how do you find the spammers when they log in, and how many spammers do you have on the list?

GESig.gif

As of now, i have about 10 scammers...

Sadly, it is hard to get them when you only can be in one place, and when this clan is still a fledgling.

For tracking them...I track the stupid ones. The ones that leave pm on, and i have an RS account to track the world they are on.

Not to mention, i have 3 searcher accounts (2 all ready & in place) to find a previous scammer within Falador, Lumbridge, or Varrock.

If the pm is off, though, I can only add their name to the 'beware of' list.

<.<

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

I think he forgot to say, press Alt+F4...

lol

Ctrl+W works also.

And, why the double post? (edit: i see it's gone now...)

Not on swiftswitch it don't ^_^

-----

Also, being scammed is entirely your own fault. Either you didn't read the second trade screen or you trusted someone who you shouldn't have.

picture6sd6.jpg

Heh, I agree with you. But still, i'd love to see the scammers lose EVERYTHING.

Key word: EVERYTHING

Maybe castration would work for the scammers...

Heheh.

:XD:

They do lose everything, once they're banned!

picture6sd6.jpg