Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

ok this was a scam i fell for

scammer were you the guy i was suposed to give 500k

me having only around 500k says yes

scammer i can only trade with mods so go on this web site *********** ond log in it looks the same as runescape and u will log in as a mod

me blinded my greed i do it then when he does not trade with me i'm like omg this is a scam i log out and chang my password luckly nothing happend to my acount

f2p for life

I apologize for my terrible spelling

brianw789.png

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This didn't happen to me but I saw it in fally mines earlier today.

The new mining animation had come out and this guy was pretending to be a noob saying "Wow, cool emote how do you do that?"

He wouldn't believe someone when they said it was the new standard animation.

He then asked to borrow someones pik to see whether it worked for him and someone actually gave him their addy pik.

He logs off and steals it.

The poor guy who got scammed was really upset.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

this guy offered me 500 mage logs for 700k i thought he was a desperate seller but he switched 2 willow logs. im happy that the mage log look is being changed.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

I was once scammed when i was level 35(ish) when someone came into the bank and said follow to win 1 mil. So i started getting excited and i followed him with a bunch of other people and he went upstairs in one of the guard houses and he says "trade me and I will value your stuff and who ever has the most value wins the 1 mil. So i gave him my full addy an extra plate and legs plus a power ammy. Then he logged out and I reported him.

awesome.jpg

untitled-20.jpg

newsig.jpg

BOW DOWN TO KING SPORK

here's one, I was skilling when someone asks me to come to the wildy to get some stuff she was giving away because she was quitting. She said she would buy all my stuff at 4xs the price.

I filled my inven with some quickly mined tin and copper and let her kill me. Later on, before I put her on ignore, she sent a steady stream of astericks through the private chat.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Ok...So I've been scammed plenty of times..

But in this case I owned the scammer :twisted:

So I was trying to sell my whip w2..and I saw one guy "Buy whip 2.2m"

I trade and he's offering guth chainskirt :wink:

So I put my whip up...then take it off. The trade window stays open for another 30 seconds. I'm like "wtf...why isn't he declining"

Lets review whats in the trade window.

My side His side

Nothing Chain skirt

So anyway after waiting 30 secs for him to close..(didn't know if he was going to do anything) he ACCEPTS...2nd trade window HE ACCEPTS

fr33 chain skirt pl0x?

Dunno what was going on with him....But he officially just got punked

Don't flame me for scamming him. I waited 30 seconds for him to do something. My whip wasn't in the trade window for 30 seconds

cheers

same happened to me except 1m for full rune ftw \'

quest cape achieved 4/22/07

only had 6 months of members so... ha!

When I was level 4, someone asked me if I wanted to become a member. So I asked, "a member of what" and they said, "runescape". So I was confused as to what he meant seeing as I'm already playing the game so I said, "no thx, im a member already" and walked away lol XP

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

waaaa!!! a guy said selling obby cape 120kgp so i traded with him and posted 120k......he declined then traded a black cape.....i bought a black cape for 120k....... \' :D :thumbsup:

it was noted.... i couldnt see the dif.... :boohoo:

d3m0nxer1ho3.jpg

Hate is a strong word<3:

clickme1jp0.gif

need 130k willows for 99 fm, or 3 mil to buy them "sniff"

I once got scammed for 2M, the guy swapped guth helm for another guth skirt, all i saw was 4 guth items in the next trade screen so i thought it must be alright, but then i noticed i had 2 skirts, he ran away but i know his name =] forever on ignore list =]

i was so mad after that, that i merchanted my :-# off and ended up making 3m ontop of the 2m that i lost lol - see what a little anger and determination can do? :D

Some guy tried to do that same scam to me the other day, but it was veracs...almost fell for it too...

tanmagilcape,Squeeze%20Easy.gif

2176th to 99 Prayer on June 21st, 2007

Proud Owner of a White Partyhat and Fire Cape~29 Whips~16 Dragon Drops

well I was In The forums when I spotted someone Selling a Santa for a Million Gps

Me Thnking :thumbsup: Pmed Him and Found Out he "Pked" It and was On his way from Drags to Edge

Me Being Really STupid Walked Into The wild with 1M and Tryed To Trade Him

Within 20 Seconds I was iN Faldor And i was Like :(

But Before I could Tell My friends i was scamed I Got a Msg From a Friend who Was Pkin In The same world and he said He Just Pked 1M In Edge

Turned Out To Be the Scammer :mrgreen:

course My Friend Gave It Back And Now Im Very Carfull When Trading \'

drainege3.png

i had been a good friend of this person for ages

he tells me hell double my money (i had 36k)

so i gave him 30k

it took a while but later i sed actually i want my money back

he sed no reliseing i had been scammed i said how about if i beat u at duely

so obviously he pulls out full rune beserker d scimmy and guthix book

dont trust anyone anymore

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Remember the old "jagex censors your password" scam? Well that was obviously made redundant by the pasword blocking update from Jagex.

Well, this week i saw the latest alternative to this;

jagexs doesnt let you say ur pword backwards look ********!!!!!!!!

Obviously a fool-proof scam designed by an evil genius.

rofl, sinking to new lows.... why cant ppl just work for their money? -.- '

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Remember the old "jagex censors your password" scam? Well that was obviously made redundant by the pasword blocking update from Jagex.

I agree work like the rest of us geez!

Well I was almost scamed... the old fashioned way. The ol' switch 2000k for 200k thing.

Peh...

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

I agree work like the rest of us geez!

Well I was almost scamed... the old fashioned way. The ol' switch 2000k for 200k thing.

Peh...

Hate that...I had the most stupid thing just happen though.

I gave some guy 20k and then he's just like "haha scammed u n000b" and then logs out :?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

well I was In The forums when I spotted someone Selling a Santa for a Million Gps

Me Thnking :thumbsup: Pmed Him and Found Out he "Pked" It and was On his way from Drags to Edge

Me Being Really STupid Walked Into The wild with 1M and Tryed To Trade Him

Within 20 Seconds I was iN Faldor And i was Like :(

But Before I could Tell My friends i was scamed I Got a Msg From a Friend who Was Pkin In The same world and he said He Just Pked 1M In Edge

Turned Out To Be the Scammer :mrgreen:

course My Friend Gave It Back And Now Im Very Carfull When Trading \'

Nice Story :wink: , but I Think Typing like This Is a Horrible Way to Type.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

thats a sweet story...

i was selling 1k lobbies, some guy offered me 350k for it, then he swapped it for 35k

as soon as i noticed, i very quickly removed 999 of my lobbies....

he bought 1 lob for 35k... take THAT scammer!

NOTE: i never scam normal players, this was a one off. lol

goku_215.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Shoving kamehamehas up noobs since 2004

--------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>| Member of Lost Legion |<<<<<<<

Well i was buying some coal and the guy scammed me with iron iw as ina rush so i jsut kept clicking only like 500k lose o well Then i ask my mod bud to come and not talk and see what happens.

So he scams the mod out of 100k o well i payed him back but then the mod talked and said you've been reported. Then he liek frooze i guess with fear and then Mr.hyde came and killed him and i ended up with 12k coal and 20k iron and over 3m but i gave half to the mod since he was uber ownage dude!

Haha noob scammers

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

thats a sweet story...

i was selling 1k lobbies, some guy offered me 350k for it, then he swapped it for 35k

as soon as i noticed, i very quickly removed 999 of my lobbies....

he bought 1 lob for 35k... take THAT scammer!

NOTE: i never scam normal players, this was a one off. lol

almost the same thing happened to me

he was selling r2h 40k so i bought then he quickly changed to rune dagger

i declined thend id it again and he did it again but i changed 40k to 4k and he kept r2h and rune dag on togetehr by mistake :D

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

OMG I LOVE THESE NUUBCAEKS!

i was in seers tryin to sell my santa, and obviously someone wanted it bad enough to make an account named Rsbanner49 and msg me saying

"We have reports of you account sharing"

"If you dont give me your password im going to have to ban you"

Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Stupid wang jockey! gonna make me laugh till i pee! Posing as jagex staff with a name like Rs Banner first off is pathetic...

Second off, In the 7+ years ive been playing ive never had ANYONE log on my account, only ME and these eyes. haha!

tooooo funny, i love kids, but not for me. haha

ive delt with people like this way too much, it just makes me laugh, i hope they I.P ban him.

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

:lol: haha that was so stupid of that noob.. some people are so pathetic..

once this lvl 30 noob came up to me and and told me he was giving away 10m.. so i followed him thinking i was going to get rich..and then he pulled the old "trust game" gag and then i knew... he is such a dunce bag.. i reported him and i think he got banned because he never logged on again ::'

Aquapower12

luv ya!

omg serousley? lololol.. that is so funny. finally someone stops pretending that they are mods or something. i mean, what fun is it to be a good little girl or a good little boy? :twisted:

i mean people are always like this :notalk:

but i like people like this :twisted: :evil:

good for you!!!

Aquapower12

luv ya!

okay this is really funny.. but i was only lvl 3 so dont blame me..okay here it goes..

so there was this guy selling a "santa hat" for 10k so i got really excited and tradded with him...i didnt know it then but he hd given me red cape instead of a santa hat and then i tried to put it on, then i realised it wasnt a santa hat.. then i reported him.. :oops: :cry: lololol oh well... 10k lost.. but i still have 20m more

Aquapower12

luv ya!