Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was hilarious.

I was walking around the back of Varrock to get some strength potions from the apothecary, and two scammers showed up, noticing my full rune with H5 helmet. Here is the dialogue:

Scammer 1: Give me your full rune and I'll give you 1 mil! I'll give it back! I'll even do it with this guy.

Scammer 2: Omg Ty!!!!!!!!1

Scammer 2: He's not lying!

Scammer 1: Trust me

Me: No. *Walks away, and takes off armor*

Scammer 1: Hop to world 107.

Scammer 2: K

I hop there, to find that only Scammer 2 has went there. (Maybe Scammer 1 lost connection?)

Scammer 2: (Scammer 1's name), Is that ur main? (He never bothered to look at my username! :lol: )

Me: Yes.

Scammer 2: K go to bank

Scammer 2: K scam the guy in sara

Me: No! You're an 8 year old brat with no life! Play this game like a real player!

Scammer 2: But u get free stuf

Me: Go outside and get some fresh air! Idiot!

Scammer 2: (Still thinking I'm his partner) Omfg ur a noob i dont want to scam wit u anymore

I then find both of them at Lumbridge an hour later, arguing.

After they spot me, they follow me and swear at me (Bypassing the censor) and tell everybody to report me. I got 4 free reports.

This was hilarious.

I was walking around the back of Varrock to get some strength potions from the apothecary, and two scammers showed up, noticing my full rune with H5 helmet. Here is the dialogue:

Scammer 1: Give me your full rune and I'll give you 1 mil! I'll give it back! I'll even do it with this guy.

Scammer 2: Omg Ty!!!!!!!!1

Scammer 2: He's not lying!

Scammer 1: Trust me

Me: No. *Walks away, and takes off armor*

Scammer 1: Hop to world 107.

Scammer 2: K

I hop there, to find that only Scammer 2 has went there. (Maybe Scammer 1 lost connection?)

Scammer 2: (Scammer 1's name), Is that ur main? (He never bothered to look at my username! :lol: )

Me: Yes.

Scammer 2: K go to bank

Scammer 2: K scam the guy in sara

Me: No! You're an 8 year old brat with no life! Play this game like a real player!

Scammer 2: But u get free stuf

Me: Go outside and get some fresh air! Idiot!

Scammer 2: (Still thinking I'm his partner) Omfg ur a noob i dont want to scam wit u anymore

I then find both of them at Lumbridge an hour later, arguing.

After they spot me, they follow me and swear at me (Bypassing the censor) and tell everybody to report me. I got 4 free reports.

Hilarious. I love it when 8 year olds try to scam ppl. :XD:

BTW: Was the triple post because of that debug crap?

1.png
generic_signature.png

Not so much of a scam as a lure, but close enough.

So i'm walking to barb villiage crossing the east bridge. A guy comes up and says "hey i'll buy your outfit" (offering more then it's worth). I say no then I change my mind and find him at varrock. He says meet me by the bar by wild. (since i'm not stupid I know where this is going) So i'm up there and were "waiting for his friend" when 10k appears on ground in wild.

I see it and telegrab it (luckily had a telly with me or something) and I tell him I found 10k, so he says "wow maybe someone died". So after a while another 10k appears and luckily I still have runes so I telly grab it. After this his "friend" comes out and congratulate me for not being stupid.

Best. Scam. Ever.

I was in varroc bank world one buying some lobsters, nothing too obsurd. I'm trying to buy 100 lobsters for 400 each cause i've been waiting for half an hour... finally some guy comes and offers me 10k and a buncha rune axes. He changes them to mith immediately, and i notice and decline. Didn't report him though. Wasn't worth the effort.

slayingseedszh1.jpg

A while ago I was buying 500 Big Bones 500each and some guy traded me. He offered 501 BIG bones, I told him to change to 500 and he changed to 500 NORMAL bones.

Is a good thing that I always right-click an item when someone changed the trade. Lol.

rune_lizzard.png

lol there was a lvl 60 came up 2 me told me he could trim my armour...

he was wearing full addy g and so he took me to wildy and tries to keel me...

heeeee looses and i get full addy g + my armour back :thumbsup:

the gy didn't know that if u had a skull u dropped everythin... ::'

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

I was having a Bank Sale, about 200k worth of stuff, and some guy traded me and offered an obby cape. I offered all the bsale stuff, but while I was putting it up, he changed it to a REGULAR CAPE. I lost 200k. Still haven't bounced back :wall:

myscreeniewg5.png

I had someone today trying to offer me free membership, lol.

Scammers are pathetic.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

I had someone today trying to offer me free membership, lol.

Scammers are pathetic.

agreed!

i had one not long ago

wandering through varrok bored then someone comes up to me and says

scammer: hi

me: hi

scammer: want a free whip?

me: sure!!

scammer: follow me

me: sure

(when he said about the whip i knew he was a scammer)

we walk to the bank

scammer: im just getting the whip

me: kk *gets out tele runes and pk gear*

scammer: dang i forgot i lent it to my friend

me: awww...

scammer: dont worry he's giving it back now

me: great!

scammer: to edgeville

me: kk

we go to edgeville

scammer: *jumps over ditch and runs into wildy*

me: why did you go into wildy?

scammer: lag

me: kk

a whip appears on the floor along with 100k and dragon legs

me: *telegrabs it all*

scammer: omg you [cabbage] noob!

me: lol

scammers friend: is he here yet i want to barrage him

in all the exitement i forgot to report them #-o

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I would like to turn your attention to the edit button of the post, top right hand corner.

This isn't really a scam, just more stupidty if you fall for it.

Anyway, I was in Catherby completing a lvl3 clue scroll when this lvl121 says he is quiting and he was going to decide who got stuff from him by playing teleall tag. First he teled us to camelot then I think we ran to catherby(or he teled us, I don't remember) then he said ok this is for my whip now and teleothers and I read the thing and it said ice plateau and I quickly denied but I saw a guy with phat, gnome scarf, glided top and bottom go :P.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Know those dumb ppl who offer exactly what you offered? well one of those scammed me. I said "Buyin full rune!" and he came up, traded me, and offered 200k. I was a noob and accepted, didn't look at the 2nd window, and it turned out that he had taken it away. What a way to loose 200k #-o

http://forum.tip.it/topic/173173-engineer-skill-and-railroads/<<Click! I support! Click!

.-- .... -.-- .- .-. . -.-- --- ..- .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ... ..--..

This always happens to me when I go to world 2 in a santa hat.

Scammer(S): Hey gratz on becoming P mod

Me(M): I'm not....

S: Yes you are your upcoming P mod I saw your name on the "list"

M:....

S: Go to (fill in website) and and download the list.

M:meh your reported

S: Fine I'll perm ban you!

M:scammer pssh (ignore listed right now)

Pretty stupid scam realy....

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012