Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

okay this is really funny.. but i was only lvl 3 so dont blame me..okay here it goes..

so there was this guy selling a "santa hat" for 10k so i got really excited and tradded with him...i didnt know it then but he hd given me red cape instead of a santa hat and then i tried to put it on, then i realised it wasnt a santa hat.. then i reported him.. :oops: :cry: lololol oh well... 10k lost.. but i still have 20m more

really.. you didn't even realize that it was a cape? thats not really getting scammed. how did you get 10k at level 3? (not saying your lying, just saying it sounds kinda fishy). by the way this thread is for people who ALMOST got scammed..

i was buying 2k addy arrows on my pure and they person who was "selling the 2k addy arrows" switched to 2k iron arrows. good thing i checked the second window.

done with runescape

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was a member for about 2 months and in f2p luring was unheard of because there's no forums.... level 82 at that time and wips were 2.6m and i had 2.4m

so im in world 2 trying to buy a wip for cheap and then i get this message

that says....

scammer:you wanna buy a wip for 2m

me: :shock: yes!!!.

scammer: ok im in edgy seling some stuff in wildy come there.

*so ignorant me i go into the wildy with 2m (i thought that you could hold onto your money if you died) the scammer trades me and i put up the money and he accepts and goes to the second trade window and then declines.*

scammer: alg...lga laggggg....

:-s

*i could beleive that and then i see this little purple barely visible star thingy hit me and then i get entangled blitzed then i die*

i come back with 4gp (guess what i put on :oops:) i furiously log off then play my ps2 and then die in that game and then break the controller. \' it was a bad day <.< .

this to make up for a story when i actually got scammed to a time i almost get scammed

[hide] try selling monks 450 each on world 18 for about 10 visits and see how many scammers get away. i potentially (not actually) could have lost 2m

not all that great of a post but o well. then there was the 100k-10004 scam for rune items when i was a wee little level 50 does that count??[/hide]

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

ok so does everyone know about the candlestick in Heroes Well some kid was trying to sell me one and saying this will help you with heroes. He was like il give it to you for 10k. Well somehow i said no it felt odd to me.

A While later i looked a Heroes guides on some site. It said that the Phoenix gang member will know if you bought it off someone. :mrgreen: Good thing i said no and trusted my heart :D

I almost got had by this dude that PMed me saying "want to buy a blue p hat?". Me of course, knowing how expensive they are, asked him how much. 1m he says. I get 1m, then ask him where he is. He says "I am rite above the Prayer guild, abouve the cabage patch. I took the cash, went there, and got the "about to enter the wildy" mesage :roll: . Well, that scam stopped, i went back to edgy, added him to my ignore list, and went on selling p pots. :lol:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

ok so does everyone know about the candlestick in Heroes Well some kid was trying to sell me one and saying this will help you with heroes. He was like il give it to you for 10k. Well somehow i said no it felt odd to me.

A While later i looked a Heroes guides on some site. It said that the Phoenix gang member will know if you bought it off someone. :mrgreen: Good thing i said no and trusted my heart :D

Rofl after I did that part, my partner said to meet up with him in heroes guild in 10 minutes. I waited a bit and he gave me 10K. He said he sold the candlestick for 20K to some people outside the house. It was a person on these forums too :XD:

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

okay this is really funny.. but i was only lvl 3 so dont blame me..okay here it goes..

so there was this guy selling a "santa hat" for 10k so i got really excited and tradded with him...i didnt know it then but he hd given me red cape instead of a santa hat and then i tried to put it on, then i realised it wasnt a santa hat.. then i reported him.. :oops: :cry: lololol oh well... 10k lost.. but i still have 20m more

really.. you didn't even realize that it was a cape? thats not really getting scammed. how did you get 10k at level 3? (not saying your lying, just saying it sounds kinda fishy). by the way this thread is for people who ALMOST got scammed..

you can esaly do the stronghold of security at lvl 3 with food and luck... you get 10k cash from doing it.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

A few days ago I was in Lumbridge waiting for someone to arrive so I could buy his Guthix Crozier. As I was waiting, some level 53 person who was obvious using an autotyper began saying that he was selling a very ultra sOOper rare choc-ice for 550k. I trade with him to see what would happen and he puts up the choc-ice. I put up around 1.5 m that I was carrying and he accepts and I do. I then deline and report him.

In another story, I was buying lobs below market price so I could raise my cooking. However, I couldn't find anyone to sell. Suddenly I get a PM selling for below my price. He tells me to meet at the Edgeville canoe thing. As I come, he asks if I want to sell/buy a robin hood. having just sold it for a low price (compared to today) I said no. I heard about luring, but I wasn't sure that I could be attacked. I trade in lvl 1 wilderness. His friend suddenly comes down from the wildy and ice barrages me, but it misses and I escape. I should have gone back with my crystal bow and exacted delightful revenge.

The next story isn't really scamming, but it's annoying. I was crafting nats using the Abyss. There's always a lot of PKers around the entrance, but they're never usually a big problem for me. However, this one girl really annoyed me because she kept attacking me everytime I went to craft. So I decide to risk my crystal bow and black d hide and I charge into the wilderness. I caught her off guard and did huge amounts of damage to her, but she escaped the wilderness with only a few HP left. I waited there to kill her if she came back. She came back but saw me and logged. If I had killed her, she would have been the first and only person I've killed in the wilderness. :D

dark_envoy66.png

dark_envoy66.png

I just met a German World Scammer, who wanted to buy my pumpkin for 10k magic logs :shock: Too bad he wanted me to come to W140, so i knew he was going to put up 10k willows or some cheap wood and make me think that "waufeinchisfsdf" meant magic log in german...

Currently: F2P averaging 35k exp range per day

4 months till 99 range.(july) =/

99 Range achieved 6/21/07

thats a sweet story...

i was selling 1k lobbies, some guy offered me 350k for it, then he swapped it for 35k

as soon as i noticed, i very quickly removed 999 of my lobbies....

he bought 1 lob for 35k... take THAT scammer!

NOTE: i never scam normal players, this was a one off. lol

He deserved it :D

Thenry50.png

When i was f2p, was trying to buy a rune kite. Some guy traded with me a noted rune kite and at the last minute switched to an iron kite. Good job the second trade menu names what you are trading... He logged out before i could remember and report his name.

I remember when i was playing on f2p i wanted to rise my pray so decided to buy 500 b bones, so I went to world 1 and saw 1 man saying "sell lots of b-bones 350ea", I felt happy cuz i was tired and b bones grew up to 400ea that time =/

so i traded with him and didn't see that he changed b-bones to normal :cry: (that was really big money for me that time)

From that time i allways check the 2-nd trade window 8-)

Also not long time ago i was standing in Varrok bank trying to sell something. Then I got a message from a person not in my friend list, who asked what was my cb lvl, I didn't think anything about cuz many people who i was merchanting with or helping talk to me. When i answered to him he told me to give him my pass and if I not give it to him, I get my account banned for .... password scamming! :shock: I reported him immediatelly.

De+Bora.png

I was in world 2 buying dragon bones for 1.2k each infront of east fally bank. I go in the trade screen and put the amount of $ in and he shows all d bones. He takes them all off then puts up however many bones i wanted but they're BIG BONES. I declined and he went back off to spamming. Next seller i went to did the same thing. Its odd how people can get so sly when scamming :wall:

^^^ lol i posted too late his is same problem as mine

Devilblade4.png

Devilblade4.png

Ill Keep that in my mind, in the back of my mind where everything i forgot went.

I know this isn't a scam but, remember a while back the TET event zammy vs sara ranger fight can't exactly remember when :oops: , I was looking for a blue cape on f2p, and then this one person takes em to legends guild, i buy it off him then he goes "Noooooob, you just bought a blue cape for 10k, when i payed 45 gp!" I was thinking omg, you haven't heard of merchanting then =P

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

this would have happened about 2 weeks ago now.

I was buying chaos off the rs forums, and got plenty of ppl selling. And one guy pms me saying ill BUY 10k chaos 160ea. I thought OK, im buying for 130 ea but ill sell some to make a quick profit. He goes come my world, 140.

I asked him is that German?

He said yes, so i said give me 5 mins because it will have to load and i lag, whatever. At this stage i didn't think he was scamming, just desperate for chaos.

So he pms me again to ask if i was still coming (i was just finishing trading another few people).

And i said "eine moment bitte", having learnt a bit of German at school.

So i logged out and switched to his world before he coould pm me back. [One of very few german phrases i know, and it helped me lol]

I got there and traded him, and he did nothing, and then logged out. He didn't even try to scam me as he must of thought i knew enough German.

But yeah. I been scammed less than 10 times, and glad this wasnt another..

Matt

i was merching my full rune t( yes i was a noob) and some guy said he would buy it for 1 mill..so i traded him and i was laggin bad and i gues si accepted 10k for it..i was so mad i quit and made another guy..lol

Haha i remember a long time ago when i was at my cousin's house. My cousin was scamming people with the noted rune 2h then changing it to an iron 2h anyways so then a scammer trades him. We put the rune 2h he puts 100k and worthless crap we quickly change the rune 2h into an iron 2h he changes the 100k to 10k he accepts both trade screens without checking and quickly logs off we made an easy 10k. The scammer became the scammed.

Haha i remember a long time ago when i was at my cousin's house. My cousin was scamming people with the noted rune 2h then changing it to an iron 2h anyways so then a scammer trades him. We put the rune 2h he puts 100k and worthless crap we quickly change the rune 2h into an iron 2h he changes the 100k to 10k he accepts both trade screens without checking and quickly logs off we made an easy 10k. The scammer became the scammed.

No you scammed him so u shouldnt be talking :shame:

No you scammed him so u shouldnt be talking Shame on you

Well we scammed him and he tried to scam use so he was also a scammer so were even.

Way back when i was just a little bitty noob, living in a box under the stairs of the house half a block down the street from the Falador Pub..you know the place. Well, anyway, I was hopelessly lost up near the goblin village, lvl 3, no armour or anything, and guy ( i think he was lvl 10, i don;t know it was so long ago) offers to help me find my way back. so I follow him up north, but then i get the wilderness message screen saying that other players can attack and kill me. I yelled, "no way am I going there!!" and ran away as fast as i could to the south, eventually finding falador. I just want to know what he possibly could have gained from killing me, i had jack squat.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

No you scammed him so u shouldnt be talking Shame on you

Well we scammed him and he tried to scam use so he was also a scammer so were even.

you were also scamming other people.... -.- seriously, think before you post, you basically admitted to an offense that can get you muted.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

you were also scamming other people.... ugh seriously, think before you post, you basically admitted to an offense that can get you muted.

Maybe you should open your damn eyes and read before you post. Also before you say some smart [wagon] thing like "why does it say we" the only reason why i put 'we' is because i was there with him while he was scamming. I wasn't on the computer with him and he wasn't doing it on my character.

this is an unusual one....

I was buying a load of dragon bones for a friend (she despises World 2) using her money one day. I fell for the "Big Bones" scam (swap drag bones for big bones) but didnt notice. I then noticed somebody on forums who was buying dragon bones for about 100-150gp higher than i had bought.

So i thought to myself (still unaware that I'd bought big bones) "I'll make some money on the side here, I'll sell these to him then go buy some more". I traded him, completed the trade without him noticing.

Only when HE goes "omg scammer" do I realise that I'd been scammed and passed the big bones on by accident :(

I felt bad, but not nearly as bad as I would have if I'd lost my friend's money :)

you were also scamming other people.... ugh seriously, think before you post, you basically admitted to an offense that can get you muted.

Maybe you should open your damn eyes and read before you post. Also before you say some smart [wagon] thing like "why does it say we" the only reason why i put 'we' is because i was there with him while he was scamming. I wasn't on the computer with him and he wasn't doing it on my character.

[*:3kfufs7e]I'm Baaack!

[*:3kfufs7e]Hope you all missed me!

[*:3kfufs7e]Either way, hope your cuz's char gets locked down, and shut out of the system. And, you saying you weren't on the computer, but just watching, pisses me off. I'm just waiting for a way to burn out the retinas of scammers using a computer monitor, and once that happens, all those in the same room are screwed. You should have done something to stop it, you selfish fool. It is people like you that get other killed, 'cause, right now it's a game, but are you gonna call the cops about a murder?

Where do you draw the line?

Think about it, and if I see a flame reply, you are gonna get your butt chewed by me, the one and only Padishar Emperor of Scammer Hating.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Guest dontbug

This is cplus44 but for some reason i couldn't post so I'm using this guy.

Either way, hope your cuz's char gets locked down, and shut out of the system.

He quit so he doesnt give a [cabbage] if anything happens to his account.

And, you saying you weren't on the computer, but just watching, pisses me off.

Ya because I'm gonna tell him "HEY YOU! YA YOU! what the hell are you doing scamming people out of pixels! the hells the matter with you they probably killed chickens and collected feathers to earn that money you should be ashamed!" ya like he would give a crap of what i have to say.

I'm just waiting for a way to burn out the retinas of scammers using a computer monitor, and once that happens, all those in the same room are screwed

Ya good luck with that :XD:

You should have done something to stop it, you selfish fool.

Ya like a care if some [developmentally delayed] that doesn't check the second trade screen gets scammed.

It is people like you that get other killed, 'cause, right now it's a game, but are you gonna call the cops about a murder?

1st your comparing loosing pixel money to getting killed you see the door that leads somewhere it leads to a wonderful place called outside trust me when you go there you will love it. 2nd nah i have better things to do then call the cops ill just let someone else call. Hey i guess you were right i am selfish :lol:

Where do you draw the line?

No where.

Think about it, and if I see a flame reply, you are gonna get your butt chewed by me, the one and only Padishar Emperor of Scammer Hating.

Once again i got better things to do then think about a bunch of fruits that got scammed for pixel money. And let me get this right if i flame you your gonna chew my [wagon] well ok then..your a big [bleep]. Open your mouth wide because its huge :XD: