Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

Im almost ashamed to admit this but I fell victim of the verac/black plate skirt scam. I bought full verac on world 2 it was very busy and to be honest I just wasn't paying attention. That whole it will never happen to me attitude. Well the black plate skirt and Verac skirt look identical when they are noted. I know I know check the second screen but hey it happened to me so it can happen to anyone. Be careful this is good lesson and I thought I'd pass it along.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man how old is that pixel argument...countless rebuttals have been given for this type of argument "ooo its just pixels..." cause pixels translate into real time and effort the person put in...so stop saying its jus pixels. since its just pixels why are u still playing any game? why are u talking to your friends online? those are just pixels made into words too isnt it? just throw away your whole computer then ya...great idea since its all pixels to you :-w

some ppl never do understand nor comprehend do they...

and if everyone in the whole damn world had the same mentality like you "what could i have done? the murderer was just stabbing him i couldnt have done anything....the robber was just robbing him i couldnt have done anything too" the world world would be a crime infested place.

be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

man how old is that pixel argument...countless rebuttals have been given for this type of argument "ooo its just pixels..." cause pixels translate into real time and effort the person put in...so stop saying its jus pixels. since its just pixels why are u still playing any game? why are u talking to your friends online? those are just pixels made into words too isnt it? just throw away your whole computer then ya...great idea since its all pixels to you :-w

and if everyone in the whole damn world had the same mentality like you "what could i have done? the murderer was just stabbing him i couldnt have done anything....the robber was just robbing him i couldnt have done anything too" the world world would be a crime infested place.

Yes, I totally agree. Its not like your gonna rob someone for 100$ and then tell them, stop crying its just paper

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Yes, I totally agree. Its not like your gonna rob someone for 100$ and then tell them, stop crying its just paper

+1

man how old is that pixel argument...countless rebuttals have been given for this type of argument "ooo its just pixels..." cause pixels translate into real time and effort the person put in...so stop saying its jus pixels

So if its not pixels then what is it?

why are u talking to your friends online? those are just pixels made into words too isnt it? just throw away your whole computer then ya...great idea since its all pixels to you

I would like to start off by saying what the hell does talking online to my friends have to do with Rune Escape? Do i have to work that hard to press a button on a key bored? and why would i throw out my computer it isn't made out of pixels also your acting like Rune Scape rules the internet do i have to fish 1k sharks to visit a website?

Oh boy here we go again but before i say something im gonna talk about the examples you posted. "The murderer was stabbing him i couldn't have done anything" Obviously what the hell am i gonna do punch a guy with a sharp object that can kill me the only thing i could do is call the police.

"the robber was just robbing him i couldn't have done anything too" same as above he could have a knife or even worse a gun which he could kill me with. Now to my point your comparing REAL LIFE to a GAME. Its like saying i saw a level 80 slashing a level 70 with a sword in the wilderness what could i have done? so tell me what would you do if you were me at the time and place my cousin was about to scam the guy?

Once again game to real life i can feel the $100 and it isn't pixels and i can buy food clothes and other stuff with it in real life. Can i take a rune plate body and wear it in real life? No.

And the time? Isn't the time real life time where you could be with friends and all? If you put you're time on pixels, it's not only pixels anymore, it's time too, then makes the account valuable, not in money but in time. If it's just pixels, why do you play?

And the time? Isn't the time real life time where you could be with friends and all? If you put you're time on pixels, it's not only pixels anymore, it's time too, then makes the account valuable, not in money but in time.

To you it does to me if i lose something i will just get it back. To me life is to long it goes to slow.

If it's just pixels, why do you play?

'Cause I'm bored

Earlier today some noob was doing the old "drop your items and press alt4" scam, So I stood next to him, telling people he was scamming, When I said "You should report him" He said "Oh oh" an' logged off, then logged back on and ran off. :?

Later, the noob that was beliving him, asked what the buttons were. <.<

He then proceeded to try and sell a trinagle sandwich of for goodness knows how much. :roll:

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Okay i just got scammed, this was my first attempt at buying full gurhan... So i go to w2 and say buy full guth 8.1m so like 5 people trade me and i choose a random person he puts up the 4 items but spear is in note form so naturally i hover over it to make sure its spear then forgetting to check over items..

Again last trade screen didnt check properly and didnt realise until i was at bank wondering why i had no helmet, what a loss of 1.5m that was :@

just now had my first scam attempt after years of playing lol, was in pc some dud added me asking to join his clan, i said yes, and he asked for my msn, then his convo followed, i stringed him along for a while lol

Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation.

s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g says:

hey

s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g says:

so u wanna join the clan right?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yep, how many people in the clan

u need to sign up onb forums

u know runescape forums?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yea whats the quick code

dont woryyu

ill go on forums and ill write the clan name and stuff

and ill send u it

so u just need to login

and clik accept to join

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

no worries

dont do it

i almost done it for u

wait

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

k

are u aloud to accept when i send it?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yea

s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g sends:

here

can u see is says accept?

The virus scan could not be completed. Please check your settings in Tools > Options > File Transfer.

then when u login click accept to join

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok send it again

s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g sends:

Open(Alt+P) 

here

You have successfully received C:\Documents and Settings\Nita\My Documents\My Received Files\runescape forums(1).html from s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g.

done yet?

s**t broth no one can touch me and i can even f**k up lapd and f.b.i i f**k up everything blud i like someone start with g just sent you a nudge.

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yea get error

what did it say?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

error 00016474 , your server is down or your username and password is incorrect please try again .

that means ur pass is wrong

try again 

this time be sure

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok

and if it done it will say accept to join

and u click that

and thats it

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

k

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

get same thing

did u login with right pass tho?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yea, its still not working :S

hmmm it shoudl say accept to join

and u click that

but u didnt login withn rela pass

u need to login as runescape

and click accept to join

try again

with real pass

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i'll try again

kkb

but do real pass

this time

or if it say same thing it wont work

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

its still says the same thing

yh thats means ur doin wrong pass

u need to login as real pass

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

its the same one i use on runescape

go check ur pass and be sure

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

its the right password

that site is not lie

ts runescape old forums

so why is says wrong?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

maybe its different for the old forums

its not

is same

is just diffrent

try again

but try to do real pass

man

let me try it and see what is says for me

o?

ok?

brb let me do ti

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok

done

is says accept to join

u need to login with real pass

try it

again

ok?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

k

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

it is still the same, are you sure it works?

yh

am sure

ow before u click login be sure

be sure the pass works

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i'll log out of runescape and login in again when this pc is finished

ok?

k

finish?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

almost

done?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

yea i can login into runescape with my pass

ow let me login for u

then

ok?

should i login for u?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i dont wanna give out my password though

hmmm

try again

but

ur givin wrong pass

other wise it will say accept to join

man

let me do it for u

or do real pass

quickly man

i swear to god it shoudl work

i swear

just login

as rs

how u login to go pass

in there

sucure pass

do same thing

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok, my username is Stealth_Ltd and password is nunya123 but dont steal my stuff lol

lol i wont even log in

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i should log out so u can try it?

ill just go to check ti an be sure

nono

ill try it

like that

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok

is says incorecy

is says incorrect

is says invalid username

and pass

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

it says that for me too on your login thing u gave me but it works on runescape site

yh i tryed on runescape site

they are same

but is wrong

ur lien man

just tell me real one let me login for u or login there byurself

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

how about you stop trying to scam people? :)

omg

wait

is not a scam

i sqwear to god

im swear to myw hole familys life

want me to prove it?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok but how come its not working then?

lisin

u got bank code?

its not workin because u typed fake pass

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

bank pin? yea

other wise it would say accept to join

kk

go put all ur stuff

in bank

and try it

and u wont lose nothing will u?

and see if it s scam

omg

i sweare to god

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok hold on

kk

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok its all in the bank

k

now try it

and see 

if its scam or not

omg

i swear

but if u do fake pass ofcourse it will say incorrect

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

ok

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

its the error again

omg u did fake pass again

right?

if u do fake pass

of course

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

no its my real password

it will say

incorrecy

omg u justn told me it and it say is wrong

the one u told me

5mins ago

remmeber

its was wrong

so ur lien

ty

so do it or not?

omg u wont l;soe notin all ur stuff in bank

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i want to join your clan 

i swear to god

i promise u

i know

but

why isnt it workin?

u need to type real password

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

i have been

i know why u not doin real

becase u think is scam

just do f**kin rela pass

u can reocver

the acc

for god sake

keep tryin

man!

just do real pass man

omg

ur wastin my time

u know that

u do real pass

or not?

i dont got a lot time

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

lol...better log into tripod and take off the form cause im just gunna keep refreshing and its gunna keep sending u emails =\

lol

funny

i dont get the message

they go to jagex

lol

and if u anow them ull get locked acc

lol

byebye

i gtg

now

ok lisin

u got bank code

right?

yes or no?

Brad - Stealth_Ltd says:

lol i a webmaster myself and i know how forms work and i know tripod lol, 

it goes to your email.......

lol

nice trick

let me just change my email

then he's gone lol

i was in varrock and this is what happened.

thre was a guy in front of varrock castle and he said if u guve him 10k, he show u how to tele without runes. a bunch of people gave him 10k each, and made a circle around him. then he did the spin emote, said suckers! and logged out!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I was selling 1k iron knives for 20k then someone traded me and put up 200k( i didn't realse this at the time, half watching tv) so i accepted thinking it was 20k then she accepted, so it's all good until i realise i have 700k in my invintory instead of 520k. so i went to give back but she logged =[ o well 180k bonus for me =p

Here's a scam I ran into while playing on my f2p spare...

Scammer: Follow for 100k!

Me: *follows them wanting to see what the obvious scam is*

Scammer: *walks me from lumbridge to the wizard tower dungeon*

Scammer: Ok, first you have to say my name.

Me: Why?

Scammer: Just do it

Me: Ok... *says username*

Scammer: Ok, now you have to dance

Me: Ughhh... *does dance emote*

Scammer: Ok, now last thing you have to do is kill a wizard.

Me: *knowing this is a way to kill low levels* Ok...

Me: *kills a wizard using food I had with me and full iron*

Scammer: Um... Kill another wizard without food this time.

Me: But you just said that was the last thing?

Scammer: I need you to kill one more. I can help you kill it if you're close to dieing I promise!

Me: No you can't... this isn't a multicombat zone.

Scammer: No, I promise I can!

Me: Fine... *kills another wizard through extreme luck even though I would have eaten if I had gotten weak*

Scammer: You used food!

Me: No I didn't...

Scammer: Um, kill one last wizard I swear.

Me: Can I see if you even have 100k?

Scammer: Look! *puts up trade*

Scammer: *is offering a sapphire*

Me: Um... I've got to go... excuse me...

Scammer: Wait don't leave! You want 100k?!?

Me: No... Reported *reports for scamming*

Me: Oh... and I'd like to see you kill one of those wizards... lol

Obviously I corrected the spelling and grammar of the scammer a lot... and kinda gave every little detail. lol

*Avater self made*

Bannertime.png-Click here to read!

So here it goes, i "nearly" lost my account

some dude asks me to join his clan, and he asks me for my MSN, so we share MSN info, then we speak over it. He sends me a link, saying i should register, (what he didn't know is i serve for the underground of the web, and i know all about phising webpages)

So i enter some swear words as my details.

Guys out there, be careful of this scam to get your account.

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

I was buying dragon bones from someone in world 2. I traded him and put up 10k for 5 d bones. He put up big bones first and then quickly changed it to d bones. I was laughing... a lot. :lol: :lol: :boohoo: how I pity the scammers to come...

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

man how old is that pixel argument...countless rebuttals have been given for this type of argument "ooo its just pixels..." cause pixels translate into real time and effort the person put in...so stop saying its jus pixels

So if its not pixels then what is it?

why are u talking to your friends online? those are just pixels made into words too isnt it? just throw away your whole computer then ya...great idea since its all pixels to you

I would like to start off by saying what the hell does talking online to my friends have to do with Rune Escape? Do i have to work that hard to press a button on a key bored? and why would i throw out my computer it isn't made out of pixels also your acting like Rune Scape rules the internet do i have to fish 1k sharks to visit a website?

Oh boy here we go again but before i say something im gonna talk about the examples you posted. "The murderer was stabbing him i couldn't have done anything" Obviously what the hell am i gonna do punch a guy with a sharp object that can kill me the only thing i could do is call the police.

"the robber was just robbing him i couldn't have done anything too" same as above he could have a knife or even worse a gun which he could kill me with. Now to my point your comparing REAL LIFE to a GAME. Its like saying i saw a level 80 slashing a level 70 with a sword in the wilderness what could i have done? so tell me what would you do if you were me at the time and place my cousin was about to scam the guy?

Once again game to real life i can feel the $100 and it isn't pixels and i can buy food clothes and other stuff with it in real life. Can i take a rune plate body and wear it in real life? No.

dude if you dont get it seriously stop playing... you wouldnt be pissed if jagex set your lvls too a lvl3 every day??? well probably it would piss you off alot... and if it doesnt.. stop playing and stop posting on rs Forums

2 weeks ago i was in yanille world 132 fletching for 99 (98 rite now yay! :D )

so a guys comes and yells "drop party 10m+" so i tought he just got 99 and he was rich so i followed him, then he showed me alot of things worth 10m+ so i stayed at the party

then he teleported us to catherby (tele group lunar spell), then he said " im lagging lets go german servers"

i tought well... less people more rewards... then he said: " 5m to the richest guy" so i went bank withrawed all showed to him and won 1m

then he said we teleing fishing guild

he uses teleport spell ( ice plateu teleport) i had all my items with me,

then me and other people yells "Reported scammer!" while like 10 guys got teleported and killed in ice plateau with all their wealth =/ i was like: omg how far scammers can rech :shock:

So I thought I was helping a kid out - he wanted to film himself killing someone. I took three items. He had me attack him, but had a friend stand directly over me, the friend was skulled. I lost three very valuable items. Had not heard of this scam before - and knew better but I thought I was giving the kid a break. Oh well.

So I thought I was helping a kid out - he wanted to film himself killing someone. I took three items. He had me attack him, but had a friend stand directly over me, the friend was skulled. I lost three very valuable items. Had not heard of this scam before - and knew better but I thought I was giving the kid a break. Oh well.

So you brought 3 items and YOU attacked HIM first, that's just plain stupid.

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Right, well once when i was a really rich lvl 12, and a mean MASSIVELY RICH lvl 12. i had 235mil and fulll blk g, all from working! and this guy came up to me and sed ill buy ur full blk g for 20m. i traded he took away 19.9999mil so i got 1gp!!! He ran away... 3 weeks later i had full addy g on. (i had grown a few lvls) i went into wildy and found him in lvl 36 wildy (he had the full blk g on) i went up to him and said remember me?

and guess what he said...he said oh dear in french if u know what i mean.

i pwned him and got my full blk g back!!!

the order in smilies

:D :wall: :shock: \:D/

Right, well once when i was a really rich lvl 12, and a mean MASSIVELY RICH lvl 12. i had 235mil and fulll blk g, all from working! and this guy came up to me and sed ill buy ur full blk g for 20m. i traded he took away 19.9999mil so i got 1gp!!! He ran away... 3 weeks later i had full addy g on. (i had grown a few lvls) i went into wildy and found him in lvl 36 wildy (he had the full blk g on) i went up to him and said remember me?

and guess what he said...he said oh dear in french if u know what i mean.

i pwned him and got my full blk g back!!!

the order in smilies

:D :wall: :shock: \:D/

Are you sure that happened? -.-