Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

dude if you dont get it seriously stop playing... you wouldnt be pissed if jagex set your lvls too a lvl3 every day??? well probably it would piss you off alot... and if it doesnt.. stop playing and stop posting on rs Forums

Well if they did do that i don't think anyone would be playing and another thing the scammer lost 10k you people are acting like it was 100mil. I doubt it would take a scammer years to make 10k back and if he didn't want to be scammed he shouldn't of been scamming in the first place. Why should i stop playing if i don't get it whats there to get?! its simple. He traded my cousin tried to scam him my cousin noticed and scammed him back.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is like "Selling whip 1.3m".

I trade him, hoping to merch it and make a decent 400k.

He offers me a rope.

Not joking. I'm dead serious. Doesn't even offer a whip and change it. Just a rope.

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

This guy is like "Selling whip 1.3m".

I trade him, hoping to merch it and make a decent 400k.

He offers me a rope.

Not joking. I'm dead serious. Doesn't even offer a whip and change it. Just a rope.

Holy... Why must people be so stupid... Please Runescape community, get smarter. :pray:

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Right, well once when i was a really rich lvl 12, and a mean MASSIVELY RICH lvl 12. i had 235mil and fulll blk g, all from working! and this guy came up to me and sed ill buy ur full blk g for 20m. i traded he took away 19.9999mil so i got 1gp!!! He ran away... 3 weeks later i had full addy g on. (i had grown a few lvls) i went into wildy and found him in lvl 36 wildy (he had the full blk g on) i went up to him and said remember me?

and guess what he said...he said oh dear in french if u know what i mean.

i pwned him and got my full blk g back!!!

the order in smilies

:D :wall: :shock: \:D/

I'm quite sure that happened.

And I smiled at the stupidity of who would ever say a rope is a whip.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

I remember one situation i woodcutted i think mapples and used for it Mith axe because at same time watched TV and don't wanted to lost my rune axe doing it and i lost mith axe head, then some player got it and not backed to me.

Axe head have just name Axe head and examine of it don't say is rune or mith axe and looks very similar.

He then offered to me 5k for axe handle and in this way i sold mith axe for 5k gp :) that been just funny situation how can happen for bad & not fear guys sometimes.

I just want suggest to you all then when you trading newer do it rapidly, when you pressed Accept on 1st confirmation dialog, then on second confirmation dialog stay for second and say to youself STOP! now check accurate or he offer what you want, if NOT just press Decline, i pressed decline i think about 50 times on RS with this reason.

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Wasn't a scam but still a nice story (well for me) I hope moderators won't mind if I write it here.

It was probably 2004, or even earlier, Runescape 2d(classic as called now) I registered played for a while I thought what a decent game it was! Few friends gave me all kind armors, steel (later on black)

I went to desert to put my armor into bank, of course to keep it safe. Who would want to lose it?

That's what I did , I put it in the bank... and after few seconds i understood that it wasn't a bank! More likely a stupid shop!!! grr i hated myself for that.

Everything looked the same then :D

Hi this is my first post here though I've used the guide a bit in quests. When I was still a F2P a few months back someone tried to use the drop items then hit random keys to duplicate the item scam on me. The funny part was that he wanted me to drop an untradable holiday item :D .

not almost and not a scam...i got hacked lost half of my bank which was the valuable side , i was non memb...log in the other day and see that 3 barrows sets 1k laws , 20k minds etc. are gone... :( only one thing is that hacker made me a member...wonder if its legal member....

style2,Eyeball-spc-Lt.png<-- refresh to see other picture

Okay hre's a very elaborate scam I almost fell for...

Okay this guy said he was having a quitting drop part- he was gonna drop 20+ mil...

I followed wanting to see if he was gonna be truithful and he said first one to catherby gets 5 mil- strange enough I thought to myself (that was pointless kinda) and he said the winner will get 5 mil when it's over

Next he said switch to the members german world and first one to trade him gets 5 mil- so I did...

He said the winner gets 5 mil later...

Next game was the expensive stuff game- take your most excpensive stuff out of the bank and trade him so everyone but me did *didn't trust* and he said the winner gets 5 mil later...

Last was he was gonna tele us to lumby and first one to trade him gets 5 mil- many people but not me accepted and of course it was not a lumby tele it was a wildy tele- where the ppl with their expensive stuff got pked by his clan

Here's how it makes sense:

Catherby (No sense)

German world (so we couldnt read tele)

Expensive stuff (So they could get decent stuff out of it)

Tele (so they could pk them)

I must say it was elaborate- I reported em thouygh- he's probably banned...

goblin512.png

Yesterday, i was on my member main and talking to one of my peeps. Then suddenly, my f2p main turned online....which freaked the hell outta me. I hopped over to the hacker's world and found him, not replying to me.

In the end I went to RS mainpage and did the account recovery stuff...and the next day i got it back....the bad thing about this is, he dropped my 2m and full rune gold, plus a bunch of runes and arrows...how sweet :evil: i got his name btw, like real life name.

right now i have a bank pin <.<

skaterlam.png

Okay hre's a very elaborate scam I almost fell for...

Okay this guy said he was having a quitting drop part- he was gonna drop 20+ mil...

I followed wanting to see if he was gonna be truithful and he said first one to catherby gets 5 mil- strange enough I thought to myself (that was pointless kinda) and he said the winner will get 5 mil when it's over

Next he said switch to the members german world and first one to trade him gets 5 mil- so I did...

He said the winner gets 5 mil later...

Next game was the expensive stuff game- take your most excpensive stuff out of the bank and trade him so everyone but me did *didn't trust* and he said the winner gets 5 mil later...

Last was he was gonna tele us to lumby and first one to trade him gets 5 mil- many people but not me accepted and of course it was not a lumby tele it was a wildy tele- where the ppl with their expensive stuff got pked by his clan

Here's how it makes sense:

Catherby (No sense)

German world (so we couldnt read tele)

Expensive stuff (So they could get decent stuff out of it)

Tele (so they could pk them)

I must say it was elaborate- I reported em thouygh- he's probably banned...

Maybe the Catherby is there so that people wouldn't think of it as a scam to start with.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Some person said, "Jagex blocks your pass see,******, try it!" So my brother said 123abcschoolrocks! Later the scamming noob pmed him and said, "Is that really your pass?!?!" My brother said YEP(even though it wasn't) Later he got a pm from same person saying, "Noob! That wasn't your pass" I just laughed lol

ArchSupport.png

once some guy tried to buy a d2h from me for 1200k (1.2mil) he at the last moment changed it to 12004 so it looked the same i nearly fell for it -.- i h8 scammers

They can't do that anymore, thanks to Jagex =D>

Some girl messaged me earlier, saying she was quitting (i was selling 50k nats at the time...so you can see why...) and that she wanted to give me 6m. I was bored, so thought i may aswell play along!

She told me she was dropping (so she wouldn't get banned...lol!?) at the spirit tree in varrock! I went there, potted/sharked up and took some good armour + whip.

She dropped 10k in the wilderness (to look like 6m on the ground) and i just tele grabbed it :lol:

THEN! I went in and fought the mager, and owned the hell out of him, he ran, prayed then teled lol.

THE DAY I GOT 10K!

The End

Ted661991.png

Ted661991.png

Some girl messaged me earlier, saying she was quitting (i was selling 50k nats at the time...so you can see why...) and that she wanted to give me 6m. I was bored, so thought i may aswell play along!

She told me she was dropping (so she wouldn't get banned...lol!?) at the spirit tree in varrock! I went there, potted/sharked up and took some good armour + whip.

She dropped 10k in the wilderness (to look like 6m on the ground) and i just tele grabbed it :lol:

THEN! I went in and fought the mager, and owned the hell out of him, he ran, prayed then teled lol.

THE DAY I GOT 10K!

The End

Lol showed her no to mess with you :P

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

I was lvl 55 with full addy.

First person: Follow for rune platebody

*me and some other ppl follow*

1st: and the winner is.... 2nd player!

*1st leaves*

2nd: Ill give you guys the rune plate if you guys trade me items, like full black or full addy.

*me trades full addy, but declines to show him ill give him it if he trades the rune plate for the full addy*

He told me to give it to him, so I think, what the heck and trade it.

Occasionally he says:(insert player name) in the lead!

He then tells us after a while to trade 1st the anything else we got.When we stopped giving him or the other player some stuff, both logg off.

One of the scammed guys wanted to kill him, so he asked for runes to ambush him, I gave him it and all my money, believing him (im so gullible).

Then I lose full addy, addy pick, 32k, rune, ranged cheap stuff and other junk...

Got a friend from it though!

Later on I see 2nd in edge with the other scammed guys' full black -.-.

To summarize what each did:

1st scammer: Made it look like he actually gave a rune plate for free, also an accomplice, as 2nd said to give the rest to him.

2nd:Main scammer, he was the one with the "win stuff for free"scam.

3rd:out of desperation for being scammed, scammed me :( :cry:

There you go, no more falling for it though now.

22031_s.gif