Almost Got Scammed? Want To Tell Your Story? Post It Here!

The_Sith

I was hanging around in Varrock World 1 trying to sell my Green mask, when some dude Pm's me.

He tells me about he's gonna join a clan, but he needs a picture of himself killing a guy with a rare in Wilderness to get in.

I would be wearing nothing but Green mask, he would be wearing Green mask and some rune.

We got up in Wild, about lvl 30, west of Hobgoblin Mine I guess, and he beats me down to about 15 hp, he "wants to get it all right".

Then a minute passes...and.... Noted "Rune full helmet" appears on ground.

He likes says: "Don't you wanna take it?" and I sorta say that - If I pick the helmet(s) up, and there are like 3+ helmets there, when he kills me, I will keep the helmets and not my Green mask.

Then when I say that he kills me anyway, but I keep my Mask.

Don't fall for this scam, it could be tempting to see those Rune full helmets lying there on ground, but don't take em. :P

That's my story. :wink:

TeamSweden - Swedish 115+ F2P Cmb Country Clan

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back when i was just a little bitty noob, living in a box under the stairs of the house half a block down the street from the Falador Pub..you know the place. Well, anyway, I was hopelessly lost up near the goblin village, lvl 3, no armour or anything, and guy ( i think he was lvl 10, i don;t know it was so long ago) offers to help me find my way back. so I follow him up north, but then i get the wilderness message screen saying that other players can attack and kill me. I yelled, "no way am I going there!!" and ran away as fast as i could to the south, eventually finding falador. I just want to know what he possibly could have gained from killing me, i had jack squat.

lol way to quote weird al

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

i had my yellow phat, fury, drag chain, drag legs, whip and infinboots on and i was standing in fally when this lvl14 girl walked up to me and showed me she had ever rare in her invent! and gave me this bull ...... story of how her lvl126 bf just quit and gave her every rare and she hates this game and wants to give me some stuff by dropping it lol, i knew it was a scam but played along anyway. she says "its too busy in fally" so she said "give me your laws and i'll give u a tab", i agreed and we varrock teled. she says "we go some where more quieter" so guess where??? up near wildy lmao, she says "right i'll drop em now". so she goes over the ditch and goes right to edge of mini map drops something then logs out. A blue phat appears!!! couldnt believe it, but no way was i going in wildy with drag, phat, ect ect and get killed by a clan waiting for me just out of vision. even if i droped my everything but yellow phat and went for it i could of been killed before i got to it and lost my drag, fury, ect ect. so i run back to bank thinking i can get back intime....nope she logs back in a said "why didnt u get it?" i say "cant u just trade it me?" she says "no" lol, i say "how many people fall for your scam?" she says "none since the ditch" omg she admitted it!! so i reported her!

so anyone who gets a similar scam attempt pm a freind to be not too far away to grab the bait! or keep laws for tele grab or something!

thanks for reading, and remember if its too good to be true, it usually is!

Rig

Haha i remember a long time ago when i was at my cousin's house. My cousin was scamming people with the noted rune 2h then changing it to an iron 2h anyways so then a scammer trades him. We put the rune 2h he puts 100k and worthless crap we quickly change the rune 2h into an iron 2h he changes the 100k to 10k he accepts both trade screens without checking and quickly logs off we made an easy 10k. The scammer became the scammed.

you were also scamming other people.... ugh seriously, think before you post, you basically admitted to an offense that can get you muted.

Maybe you should open your damn eyes and read before you post. Also before you say some smart [wagon] thing like "why does it say we" the only reason why i put 'we' is because i was there with him while he was scamming. I wasn't on the computer with him and he wasn't doing it on my character.

You used a personal pronoun meaning you were taking part in the scam, not to mention you were there helping him and supporting him so you could just as easily be banned for encouraging others to break the rules

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

not a very recent scam but i just found this thread and remembered this old scam, this is how it went:

i was calmly killing guards and a random person added me and said:

"congratulations you have just won the runscape lottery"

me: really!

scammer: yes, you get to choose between 1 million gp or a dragon square shield

me: i want 1 mil

scammer: very well we will need your runscape pass

me: ok it's ih8scammercostheyannoyme123

scammer: very well we will just verify this * logs out.... *

then me, being a complete nub added to ignore and didn't report(not knowing how to at the time) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another scam, which is the only time i have ever been hacked and lost stuff.

well basically i was still celebrating my 5gp full mith and i log in thinking "oh i'll go kill a few rats with my new mith" i log on in lumbridge with no items remaining .... i was very sad and quit for a few weeks before i decided "there is no point crying over spilt milk" metorphorically of course...

lmao that happened to me too, but starting from a certain cb lvl they know that youre smarter than that lol... they dont take hints, do they?

anyway, just try to sell cannonballs in large amount in world 2, youll know what scammers really are... its like a gathering point for them

also, you can mostly see at the name if its a scammer like... "554 E5 DD6"

things that are impossible to remember lol

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

im sorry if this scam has already happened before, i didnt read through it all:

Scammer: If you drop all of your stuff and press alt+f4 you will get 10 free partyhats!

some ppl actually did it, there were whips, dragon rune meds, and otehr valuable stuff that all the ppl that fell for this guys scam dropped, then i said

Dude, i cant believe some people fell for that

scammer: Haha take that you ******* noobs! hahaha

me: reported for item scamming and swearing

scammer: You *****!!! im gonna kill you while you sleep! i know where you live!

me: lol, where do i live then?

scammer: im not telling, i just know

me: lol

tifuserbar.jpg

Click Here!

Scammer: If you drop all of your stuff and press alt+f4 you will get 10 free partyhats!

some ppl actually did it, there were whips, dragon rune meds, and otehr valuable stuff that all the ppl that fell for this guys scam dropped, then i said

That's one of oldest scams in the book. Along side "Send me your username and password and i'll put stuff on your account"

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

lol, well,i was in rimmington when some1 mesaged me saying "come to my house" i thought wat the heck, lets see. it turned out to be a noob house, and he tried to scam me by geting me to put 100k on the kitchen table to play a game of "betting". so, i put a fish on the table instead. the isnteant it was on the table, he expeled me, i reported him then mesaged him "i hope you like fish noob"

Ok this is my story. Has happened many many times to countless number of ppl. Here goes.

s: ill buy ur 1k raw sharks 950k

m: 965k

s:ok, meet fally bank

m:brt

I was in a hurry because my supper was ready and i had to go.

We traded and he put up 665k and i accpeted because i needed to go.

Later when i was back on.

M:you scammed me

S: no i didn't

m:you gave me 665k when we agreed 965k

S: oh yeah sorry

m: can u pay me the 300k you owe me?

S:ok, i'll just slel my infinity boots to get the money

10 mins later.

M:have you got the money?

s:yes

m:can we meet fally bank?

S:sure just coming

of course he never came, and i did not really expect him to.

Luckily I had reported him immediately after i saw the lack of money in my inventory form the original scam.

I pmed him constantly saying i reported him, give me my money, i hate you etc..

I hoped this would annoy him to no end but he prob just added me to ignore list, which i did back to him.

why can't ppl earn their money in a legit way?

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

This happened to my friend.

And she didnt almost get scammed.

She was at fally bank and a guy asked if he wanted him to sharpen her whip rofl

Devilblade4.png

Devilblade4.png

Ill Keep that in my mind, in the back of my mind where everything i forgot went.

One time I was gonna go on my skiller account, which had a 800 total level and 3 combat. I got to runescape.com, but It really was "runescope.com".

I entered my pass and got this message:

Something bad is going to happen...

Have fun!

And then it just put my username and password openly out on the screen!

I changed the password and recovs, and just stayed on for the rest of the night. It's been over 5 years, and the site has loong been removed.

amv1234.png

This happened today.

This lvl 65 pure came up to me, and said he needed my help. So he pmed me saying that he needed someone to pk for his video, and said I only had to take my whip and he would attack. I went along with this for fun, but I took sharks and a prayer pot with me. He traded me to see how many spaces I had which was 0, as I had the sharks. He then told me to bank the sharks, but I said no it'll make the fight more realistic. He kept telling me to bank them and I kept saying no. There was then a long pause (in which he was probably telling his mage what was happening), so then I told him he was a scammer and reported him for item scamming, and of course put him on ignore :D

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Not really a scam, but it did cost me a whip. It was really dumb of me to fall for it.

Anyway, I'm pk'ing and this guy my level said, "uga will you protect me, I'm buying runes from zammy mage."

I said yes, potted, and dds'ed #-o

Anyway, he was begging me to stop and started walking east. With nothing but free stuff on my mind I followed him right into multi wild, where a group of people my level all ice/msb spec'ed me. Gf whip.

Then they tried to stop me from getting torso when I came back, but I tele grabbed it before they could kill me again.

There's my story. :anxious:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

This happened today.

This lvl 65 pure came up to me, and said he needed my help. So he pmed me saying that he needed someone to pk for his video, and said I only had to take my whip and he would attack. I went along with this for fun, but I took sharks and a prayer pot with me. He traded me to see how many spaces I had which was 0, as I had the sharks. He then told me to bank the sharks, but I said no it'll make the fight more realistic. He kept telling me to bank them and I kept saying no. There was then a long pause (in which he was probably telling his mage what was happening), so then I told him he was a scammer and reported him for item scamming, and of course put him on ignore :D

you are very luck, and a really horrible scam at that, he didn't want you to have food or anything, cuz he was planning on doing something, i forget, but you would lose your whip, even if you only had it, and had no skull. I know it has something to do with dragon battle axes... And i fell for that scam too, lost my whip <.< Scammers are really pathetic people

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

i was merching rares in fally park w2 and this guy tradaed me. It was 5mil and a zerker ring. i accepted ad went to the forums. but i didnt realise he took away 3 mil. i was so close to pressing accept when i didnt see he changed. i saved myself tons of money :)

scratch_dog.png

scratch_dog.png

Haha i remember a long time ago when i was at my cousin's house. My cousin was scamming people with the noted rune 2h then changing it to an iron 2h anyways so then a scammer trades him. We put the rune 2h he puts 100k and worthless crap we quickly change the rune 2h into an iron 2h he changes the 100k to 10k he accepts both trade screens without checking and quickly logs off we made an easy 10k. The scammer became the scammed.

you were also scamming other people.... ugh seriously, think before you post, you basically admitted to an offense that can get you muted.

Maybe you should open your damn eyes and read before you post. Also before you say some smart [wagon] thing like "why does it say we" the only reason why i put 'we' is because i was there with him while he was scamming. I wasn't on the computer with him and he wasn't doing it on my character.

[*:2lmedc21]I'm Baaack!

[*:2lmedc21]Hope you all missed me!

[*:2lmedc21]Either way, hope your cuz's char gets locked down, and shut out of the system. And, you saying you weren't on the computer, but just watching, pisses me off. I'm just waiting for a way to burn out the retinas of scammers using a computer monitor, and once that happens, all those in the same room are screwed. You should have done something to stop it, you selfish fool. It is people like you that get other killed, 'cause, right now it's a game, but are you gonna call the cops about a murder?

Where do you draw the line?

Think about it, and if I see a flame reply, you are gonna get your butt chewed by me, the one and only Padishar Emperor of Scammer Hating.

Firstly we don't know his runescape name so we don't know which charecter to ban. Seccondly Jagex don't have any evidence that he has done this scam so far(Jagex cannot accept this as evidence as they do not accept links in runescape mail) so tbh there is no chance someone can get banned from runescape by posting on these forums.(But they can get banned from these forums).

OnTopic: I got scammed for the rune axe to iron axe trick. Then my friend came over from members and gave me a rune axe. I havn't been scammed since(touch wood).

~R I O T

Firstly we don't know his runescape name so we don't know which charecter to ban. Seccondly Jagex don't have any evidence that he has done this scam so far(Jagex cannot accept this as evidence as they do not accept links in runescape mail) so tbh there is no chance someone can get banned from runescape by posting on these forums.(But they can get banned from these forums).

Let me add to that.

1) It wasn't my character it was my cousins.

2)It wasn't me doing it, it was him.

3) I wasn't encouraging him how would i anyways? "If you scam him it will rain money!"

5)Why would i get banned from these forums if i didn't do anything?

On topic: a while back when mage logs and willows looked a like i almost got scammed when the guy changed the mages to willows but i always check second trade screen.

On a different site someone said they were scammed and lost their whip. How? Someone told him if he blew his candle out in Lumby dungeon he'll get a free teleport to Fallador. But the guy wasn't a scammer, he really was teleported to Falador (minius his whip). What an idiot!

RSN: Kingdom196.

sorry but ive no respect for ppl who carry out such scams...anyway you were watching your cousin too and so if you had enough integrity you would have advised him not to cheat ppl just to make a quick profit. on top of that in real life if you know that someone is going to carry out a crime and you do nothing to stop him/her, you can get into trouble with the law as well...ppl work hard for their money and it is NOT nice at all to merely take away all the hours and effort they have put in for it. scamming is just like stealing and no one should use it as a way to make money...money can be easily made on rs. even on non members. i can make around 200k/hour jus mining rune on f2p...im EXTREMELY glad that jagex has implemented the new trade system...woe to you scammers!

well a year or so ago when i still couldnt mine rune but was rather well off, a noob scammed me by offering 50k for an R2H. in my excitement i didnt realise that he removed the item at the last second and so i lost a R2H. at that time i was really mad, not so much with my loss but with the way he fooled me. u can be sure i never made the same mistake again. of course now all an R2H means to me is 10 minutes of rune mining :P

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Lol, this just happend to me.

*In lumby*

Noob: Type 333 to learn a cheat (He was wearing iron chain with black helm, and platelegs, and a bronze sq sheild)

Me: *Playing along* 333

*He takes me to lumby bank*

noob: withdraw 3k

me: I've got it

*Take's me to lumby swamp*

Noob: press 34ft (Wtf?)

Me:Okay...

Noob:Now drop the 3k and press it. you will get 59k.

Me:*Having pre-reported him* Noob scammer. *Logs out*

I think that was his first scam :|

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

sorry but ive no respect for ppl who carry out such scams...anyway you were watching your cousin too and so if you had enough integrity you would have advised him not to cheat ppl just to make a quick profit. on top of that in real life if you know that someone is going to carry out a crime and you do nothing to stop him/her, you can get into trouble with the law as well...ppl work hard for their money and it is NOT nice at all to merely take away all the hours and effort they have put in for it. scamming is just like stealing and no one should use it as a way to make money...money can be easily made on rs. even on non members. i can make around 200k/hour jus mining rune on f2p...im EXTREMELY glad that jagex has implemented the new trade system...woe to you scammers!

well a year or so ago when i still couldnt mine rune but was rather well off, a noob scammed me by offering 50k for an R2H. in my excitement i didnt realise that he removed the item at the last second and so i lost a R2H. at that time i was really mad, not so much with my loss but with the way he fooled me. u can be sure i never made the same mistake again. of course now all an R2H means to me is 10 minutes of rune mining :P

Pixels man... the game is all a bunch of pixels, codes, and binaries. 'OH NOOOOO, I LOST MY PIXELATED ITEM ON A VIRTUAL DIMENSION! AHHHHHHH!' well, i guess according to what you're saying, this can be considered a crime. Are you going to take him to court? And if you're not going to, who is? Exactly.. No one.

what was he gonna do, say "stop that, cousin, i strongly advise you" or say "stop that, cousin, or i shall smite you" well.. then its just become assault, brotha. fire does not defeat fire, and people are going to do what they do, even if others tell them not to.. plain and simple.

Pixels man... the game is all a bunch of pixels, codes, and binaries. 'OH NOOOOO, I LOST MY PIXELATED ITEM ON A VIRTUAL DIMENSION! AHHHHHHH!' well, i guess according to what you're saying, this can be considered a crime. Are you going to take him to court? And if you're not going to, who is? Exactly.. No one.

what was he gonna do, say "stop that, cousin, i strongly advise you" or say "stop that, cousin, or i shall smite you" well.. then its just become assault, brotha. fire does not defeat fire, and people are going to do what they do, even if others tell them not to.. plain and simple.

Finally someone that understands me! Thanks for backing me up man.

Like i said before what am i gonna do to stop him hes two years older then me and a lot stronger. What do you want me to do? get a gun and point it at his head and say "Give that guy his pixel money back or ill blow your [bleep]en brains all over the computer screen you piece of worthless crap!"

Seriously people if he got poor and quit because of what my cousin did he should be kissing his [wagon] now he can go outside and get some friends and work on his social skills i bet hes thanking my cousin right now.