When or how?

MPM

Death, its a huge thing for everyone because someday it will happen to you. Many movies and books play with this, and a character learns when their death will happen, or they see how it happens.

My question to you, is if you had the choice, would you want to know when or how you would die?

I personally would rather know when I would die. That way, I know how long I have to prepare and make the best of my life. If I knew how I would die, I would only freak out any time I saw anything resembling it.

Edit: I'm asking that if you had to choose between one of the other, which you would take. Not if you had a choice, would you take one.

~M

I would definitely choose not to know when I would die. I see life as cluster of grapes just waiting to be devoured on a hot summer afternoon. Each day should be taken advantage of because you really don't know if it will be your last. That sense of doubt when it comes to dying gives us the drive we need in order to do eccentric things to feel accomplished at the end of the day.

Imagine if everyone knew when they would die. Surely many would loot and cause havoc on their last day because they would have no fears left in order to keep them straight.

Heaven's not a place you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive..so live for the moment.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

No way. If you knew when and how you would never be able to get it out of your memory, even if it was 60 years in the future. You would be constantly be counting down to it, which can't be good.

sig2ho7.jpg

I'll go whenever the Lord calls for me, so no.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

That would seriously suck if you knew.

But I belive your death is determined by fate, there is no way you're going to know.

What about the people who get Capital Punishment? What are their last hours like? Sucks for them really.. :oops:

But If I did know, on my last day I would try to have as much fun as possible, and timing my jump off of a skyscraper. I would try to time it so the impact wouldn't kill me, but the 'whatever that I was going to die by.

Confusing^ lol

I think it should all be random, so that from now until the day I die i'm not distracted counting down the days untill it's my time. If i knew I would always be worrying about it and constantly thinking about it. I think it should be random for a reason, so that you can enjoy life without worrying about dying.

In knowing you will ultimately change reality. So if I knew that I was going to die tommorow, I would stay home, and hopefully avoid dieing. Unless it was the fate that staying home would get me killed, and it assumed that I was knowing and that I'd know to stay home.

Hmmm. Yes, I'd probably rather be die when I die (ie. not know).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

In knowing you will ultimately change reality. So if I knew that I was going to die tommorow, I would stay home, and hopefully avoid dieing. Unless it was the fate that staying home would get me killed, and it assumed that I was knowing and that I'd know to stay home.

Sounds like Final Destination to me :P

sig2ho7.jpg

I'm going to take a bungee cord, a length of wire and some superglue up top of a nice high bridge. Then I'm going to attach the bungee cord around my ankles, loop the wire around my neck and superglue my hands to my head.

Then I'll leap off, on the way down the wire will tighten, severing my head, which - owing to the superglue will remain attached to my hands. The bungee cord will then arrest my fall and I will be found, suspended upside down from a bridge holding my own severed head in my hands.

siganizq4.gif

If I can help it, I know I'll die when I hit 50 by my own hands... Thats my choice.

I still dont know how, but a glorious fast and flaming death sounds exciting to me. :?

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

if you know your death, then life is totally boring and useless. {and you'll be changing your own death by donig so.}

So, not a good idea.

How would it be boring and useless if you can't stop the inevitible? Even if you could know how you were going to leave this unfair world chances of you changing how it ends are 1/10.

What if you die from a sickness that doctors can't cure? Or, if you just drop dead one day and nobody knew why.

Let death and whatever occurs after it happen.

gors2.gif

I say yes! Cause then you can do anything else and know it won't kill you!

I was going to say no until I read this. Now I don't know.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Reminds me of the "Down to Earth" remake wit Chris Rock. Some guy tries to mug him and he goes to the angel "Are you sure I won't die for another forty years?", the angel replies "Well, yes... but", and Rock starts chasing the would-be mugger.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

See that occured to me as well, but it just started addign all these weird problems. For instance, you know you can't die, so you jump from a plane at 35000 feet. Without a parachute. Over the biggest bed of [bleep]es ever created by mankind. (seriously this thing is huge :P ). How do you live after that fall and subsequent implalation (actually a word? :? ). It would defeat some of the laws of physics or nature or what have you.

Simply put, what happens if you try and commit suicide 10 years before you're supposed to die? Does the gun fail everytime you pull the trigger? I guess it just doesn't work if you think about it this way. And I need to soak my head now cause that got really confusing really fast :D

Anyway, barring the above weirdness, I would definitly prefer to not know. That little lingering thought in the back of your mind would suck. Kinda like a really bad test except more so 8)

Wouldn't knowing your fate ultimately cause you to change it? Think of Macbeth where the poor fool would not have killed his best friend if he was not told by the witches that Banquo would be greater than he.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Well, honestly I don't think a person knows when they die. (At the time it's happening, they wouldn't realize it you see.)

I have a theory about memory. All actions and interactions a person has are memories. Everything they currently see or do, happened in the past. People with psychic ability are simply people whos brains remember things at a faster rate than the general public.

So basically, a person wouldn't realize they died, because they wouldn't exist to remember it. It would be like time simply stopped for no reason. A big black hole.

Ignorance is bliss. I'm perfectly happy not knowing either of the two. But if I absolutely had to choose, it would definitely be when I'd go. Simply because I don't really care how I die. I mean it all ends up being the same thing no matter what it is that actually does it so who cares?

The "being able to do whatever I would want thing" could be double-sided.

Think about it lets say i'm supposed to die when I'm 50 but I try to kill myself at 30 with a gunshot to my head. Most likely I wouldent die but fate could have me stuck on life support for the next 20 years.

I just realized though that that's sort of a movie kind of perspective. For that to be true I would have to believe in fate (which I don't know).

Just addding thought.

i wouldnt want to know anything about it!

Movies display death as its OK. and it seems like Death is nothing big, this is [garden tool] wi see movies. But back on topic i dont want to know anything about my death. :)

mysig11sv5.png

See that occured to me as well, but it just started addign all these weird problems. For instance, you know you can't die, so you jump from a plane at 35000 feet. Without a parachute. Over the biggest bed of [bleep]es ever created by mankind. (seriously this thing is huge :P ). How do you live after that fall and subsequent implalation (actually a word? :? ). It would defeat some of the laws of physics or nature or what have you.

Simply put, what happens if you try and commit suicide 10 years before you're supposed to die? Does the gun fail everytime you pull the trigger? I guess it just doesn't work if you think about it this way. And I need to soak my head now cause that got really confusing really fast :D

Anyway, barring the above weirdness, I would definitly prefer to not know. That little lingering thought in the back of your mind would suck. Kinda like a really bad test except more so 8)

Wind, or fate (whatever you choose), would probably guide you away from the [bleep]es and have u land on something that would destroy all your bones and most of your organs, and you'd live your days out as a vegetable. You'd be alive wouldn't you? It would be a terrible existance, but you'd be living.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Depends is the when is in a year or in 50 years :oops:

But I'd think I'd want to know, because many people wait for the last second to do stuff that they've never done and always wanted to do, when you know when you die, you can be prepared, say goodbye to friends and family and die in peace.