Women's suffrage

bjbj1991

First

dont click on the link or do any rechearching on the subject before you post your vote!

Question

Do you want to end womens suffrage and are you a female or a male?

Now please be honest and dont change your vote after you click on the link.

( http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=16737 )

Highlight the space within the () and goto that adress and watch the movie.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The school they did this at was supost to be one of the best schools in Amercia. I think America needs to put a little more emphasis on our schools and history considering these people had no clue (well one did) on what they were voting for.

hahaha. When I first saw your question I was like. "Why would you want that"

Video is pretty funny, can't believe people at some great school don't know what it means!

sig2ho7.jpg

I don't want to end women's suffering... I mean suffrage, and I am a male :wink:

Totally true :P

Queving up for hours to cast your vote for some politician that will much likely be interested on his own stuff than on the coutry is suffering :)

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Hah. You'd be amazed at how many people don't know the meaning of 'suffrage'. I doubt even 1/3 of this country have an idea of what is in the US constitution (at least a general sense?).

Great laugh. :lol:

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

at first i found it really funny, then i started thinking about how sad it was that no one knew. then i started thinking it was funny again, then i started paying attention closely and i think most of the people were just signing a petition, not even thinking about it. then that one person said no, followed by her friend wanting to, and i realized the ones they filmed probably really didnt know what they were doing.

it is kind of sad though. in my government class i am the one who knows the most, and there is a ton of stuff i dont know. the other people in class dont even attempt to answer (well, some do), and when they do its usually wrong. then everyone gives me dirty looks because they think im showing off, when i still get 25% of the questions he asks me wrong. its kind of sad how much people dont know about our government. half my class is older than 25 too, so its not just the kids :? .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm male and I don't want to end women's suffrage. (and I also know what it means :))

Edit: that vid was hilarious, there were two people in the whole ivdeo that knew what it ment, they all thought it was something bad.. There was that one person that thought that women's sufferage had already ended lmao... Shows how smart the skoolz r in teh united states :lol:

But doesn't this make you question the way that our legal system is based on? Of the I think 20 people he asked only 1 said no, these kids are suppost to be some of the smartest ones in the country. Last time I checked it took over 50% to pass a law, atleast 80% of these people would have voted for this in real life asuming they had not rechearched first.

But doesn't this make you question the way that our legal system is based on? Of the I think 20 people he asked only 1 said no, these kids are suppost to be some of the smartest ones in the country. Last time I checked it took over 50% to pass a law, atleast 80% of these people would have voted for this in real life asuming they had not rechearched first.

Not only what our law system is based on but what they are teaching in schools, these kids were at least 7th-8th grade you'd think that they would have learned what suffrage meant. This was "a school of excelence" yet they all obviously had no clue about what the guy was talking about, it's almost scary, these kinds are supposed to be the smartes int he nation and thus the leaders of tomorrow yet they are both sighing a petition without knowing what it was about (a very bad thing) and just plain ignorant to the foundings of our nation today :roll:

Not only what our law system is based on but what they are teaching in schools, these kids were at least 7th-8th grade you'd think that they would have learned what suffrage meant. This was "a school of excelence" yet they all obviously had no clue about what the guy was talking about, it's almost scary, these kinds are supposed to be the smartes int he nation and thus the leaders of tomorrow yet they are both sighing a petition without knowing what it was about (a very bad thing) and just plain ignorant to the foundings of our nation today :roll:

Agreed. It is not like these kids should have not known what the word ment or even if they didn't they should have been smart enough to ask. At California we learned about suffrage in the 8th grade and we had about 2 pages dedicated to it (shouldnt it have been more considering the importance?) we had more pages within my book (4) dedicated to the ambolisment of alchahol (wtf!).

Cant click on that link when im at work but i remember a clip on The Man Show of ppl protesting about womens suffrage and getting women to sign it lol, was pretty funny.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

English isn't my first language and I knew what the word meant before I was 14 years old.

I suppose the sad thing is that I know exactly why I knew it. Civilization II had a wonder called "Women's Suffrage" or somesuch.

... gaming *does* help your vocabulary!

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

im 19 and i have never heard that word before so im not going to vote because its stupid to vote without knowing what the heck you're voting for :-P

Maybe that's why we have such horrible leaders! Educate yourself, and get involved. There's no excuse for ignorance!

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

As funny as the video is, you have to admit that suffrage and sufferage do sound the same, and one could actually think he said sufferage. Then again i don't believe sufferage is a word, in fact i just checked on webster.com its not. But never the less, if somone asked me, i think i would though sufferage first before i would have realized it was suffrage. But i am pretty sure the girls didn't know what suffrage is anyway.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

you have to remember that this is an edited video too, there could have been more that said no than said yes to it. and he was kind of rushing them, maybe some figured it out and changed their minds. some guy walks up to you with a camera, pushes a paper into your face and say sign the petition, you are not realyl thinking about it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg