I hate my ring of wealth...

DarkDude

It either works too well, or not at all.

Just now I got a rune kite off steel dragons, a rarer drop than dragon legs.

At Kalphite queens, I either get zamorak wines which are a common drop, or a rune kite or rune 2h, both of which are rarer than chain.

Yesterday at abyssals, kill 3 get a Dragon med... Which is about 10x as rare as a whip but worth only 1/4 of the price... (Although I did get a whip the trip after :P)

Been getting A LOT of rune javelins aswell (The ones in the gem-half key-javelins-spear-shield chain) I'd much rather have a half key then those stupid javelins...

Why Can't my ring of wealth be in the middle. Get the Medium rare drops (Chain off KQ, legs off steels, whip of abyssals etc.) Instead of the Extremely rare worthless drops (Rune kites, r2hs)

Ohwell, enough complaining from me... Back to maging steels and trying not to cry every time I look at ahrims...

Yesterday at abyssals, kill 3 get a Dragon med... Which is about 10x as rare as a whip but worth only 1/4 of the price... (Although I did get a whip the trip after :P)

Well getting a d med is stil a pretty rare\good drop to get despite it's worth in comparison with the whip :roll: so getting a d med is still a good drop .....be grateful cause i never got anything since my d skirt drop a year ago

penguinesigrq6.png

At Kalphite queens, I either get zamorak wines which are a common drop, or a rune kite or rune 2h, both of which are rarer than chain.

Been getting A LOT of rune javelins aswell (The ones in the gem-half key-javelins-spear-shield chain) I'd much rather have a half key then those stupid javelins...

Why Can't my ring of wealth be in the middle. Get the Medium rare drops (Chain off KQ, legs off steels, whip of abyssals etc.) Instead of the Extremely rare worthless drops (Rune kites, r2hs)

Ohwell, enough complaining from me... Back to maging steels and trying not to cry every time I look at ahrims...

HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU PEOPLE BE TOLD THIS!

you DONT get rare things more often, only the amounts of STACKABLE ITEMS increase, in fact you just get rare items less often! so if you want rare items, dont use ROW

Headshotcatcher.png

The way Customer Support/people here have explained ROW to me is that the drop system is like 2 huge wheels, and on the first wheel there are places you can land on to go to the second wheel, which has the rarer drops. On the second wheel there are also spaces where you can get absolutely nothing. What the ROW does is cut down the number of empty spaces so it is slightly easier to get a rare item. Of course because it is a slim difference, everyone has their own idea about how it works. So yeah, keep wearing your Ring of Wealth and please stop blaming every little problem on it.

sig2.jpg

you DONT get rare things more often, only the amounts of STACKABLE ITEMS increase, in fact you just get rare items less often! so if you want rare items, dont use ROW

the ring of walth increases the chances of getting a rare drop, therefore i do beleive what you just said is completely made up, because jagex have confirmed countless times it helps to get a rare drop from a monster, not more stackable items

parents17dc.gif

ring of wealths are good and yesss a d med is very good for a drop :)

if i were you i would stop wining and be happy that you got any d items..i have never gotten a dragon drop even after killing like 4k fire giants..... :cry: :evil:

Getting another sig

[removed]

:roll:

the ring of walth increases the chances of getting a rare drop, therefore i do beleive what you just said is completely made up, because jagex have confirmed countless times it helps to get a rare drop from a monster, not more stackable items

^^ he is right you were owned by da cabbages

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Idiot.. :roll:

I do belive the ring of wealh is fairly pointless, I wasn't wearing 1 and got a two obby drops in a row.. So i am a ferm beliver.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

i COMPLETELY agree with you! 3 dragon drops, ALL without wearing that foolish ring... jagex has fooled us before! i have noticed same thing that you have so throw your wealth in party box and start making money!!! :!:

if you dont belive me, try it. go to iron or steel drags, first with ROW kill 500, then without. mark all drops, compare them.

dragonfhpcape,It%20is%20girl.gif

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Ring of Wealth increases the quality of drops, not just the number of stackables. I've never tested it with rares, and i think it would be very very very difficult to do such a test to a reasonable standard. Killing 500 drags with and without is not a large enough number given the ...erm... rare nature of rares.

OP, why on earth do you think a rune kite is rarer than a dragon drop? I've never tested it so i can't say for sure, but that sounds completely stupid to me.

Where are you getting these 'facts' from?

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

The problem is the rare items compared to the rest is increased which does not constitute the items you neccessarily want.

I don't know where clues lay in the thick of things but If i don't have a clue... I will get one in the next few drops. Really iritates me.

OP, why on earth do you think a rune kite is rarer than a dragon drop? I've never tested it so i can't say for sure, but that sounds completely stupid to me.

Where are you getting these 'facts' from?

Common sense, it's quite easy to tell what a rare drop is, and what drop is rarer than another.

I've killed thousands of steels (120k+ chaos, and at 50 chaos per dragon that's 6000 dragons), had a few skirts and a pair of legs, that is the first rune kite I've had. If you asked me to, I could probably list all of the steel dragons drops in order of what I believe the rarity to be.

Common sense, it's quite easy to tell what a rare drop is, and what drop is rarer than another.

I've killed thousands of steels (120k+ chaos, and at 50 chaos per dragon that's 6000 dragons), had a few skirts and a pair of legs, that is the first rune kite I've had. If you asked me to, I could probably list all of the steel dragons drops in order of what I believe the rarity to be.

I believe that generally, the more expensive items (like d legs) are rarer than more standard ones (like rune kites).

I have no first hand experience of killing metal drags, but i do know someone who kills them. This person made a post on these forums saying that they're getting cheaper items (like rune kites and 2hs) more often than they're getting the expensive drops (like dragon chain and legs).

Perhaps they're getting more of them because they're less rare? :)

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Oh my favorite subject! ! ! ! PERSONAL OPINIONS! ! ! !

Next Monday, maybe Sunday, i get started back on test #2 of my wealth testing. Does anyone here have drop data they could share that could shed any light on how well the ROW works or is this just an opinion thread?

Q.

What power does the Ring of Wealth give you?

A.

The Ring of Wealth increases the chance of getting a rare drop when you kill a monster. You will never get items that are not normally dropped by that monster (e.g. a dragon medium helmet from a chicken) but you may get something that the monster seldom drops.

Things like treasure trail rewards and Barrows rewards which aren't monster drops won't be affected by the Ring of Wealth.

"Bad luck"

I guess that says it all.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I believe that generally, the more expensive items (like d legs) are rarer than more standard ones (like rune kites).

I have no first hand experience of killing metal drags, but i do know someone who kills them. This person made a post on these forums saying that they're getting cheaper items (like rune kites and 2hs) more often than they're getting the expensive drops (like dragon chain and legs).

Perhaps they're getting more of them because they're less rare? :)

Did they actualy say they were getting a lot of rune kites and r2hs? Or just cheap Rune items.

Steel dragons drops in order of rarity IMO.

Coins

Rune Javelins

Blood Runes

Soul runes

Rune Darts

Rune mace

Rune hatchet

Curry

Sapphire

Emerald

Addy Kite

Rune knives

Ruby

Rune bar

Rune Large

Clue

Half key

Diamond

Rune Battle axe

Law Runes

Dragon Legs/Skirt

Rune Kite

Rune 2h

Rune Javelins (5) - Part of the Gems chain

Dragon Med

Dragon Spear

Dragon shield half

That's roughly what I believe the drop order is, based on my previous XP, and to me, that seems very plausable. You have things like Curry, and Addy kites rarer than rune items. Dragon Legs/Skirt are meant to be an Uncommon drop, not a rare drop which is why they're more common than Rune kites etc. Same with Chain off KQ, and Med off KBD, and probably the same with D2H off the Chaos Elemental.

But this can never be proven either way, so there's not really much point debating it in this much detail, same with Ring of Wealth, I'm pretty certain on how it works but I'm not going to be post how as I can't be bothered and there's really no point, unless anyway really wants me to...