Tip.It Times Presents: The Exclusive ZEZIMA Interview!

oddfaery2

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. One thing I would like to point out, however, is how he eluded the question of how many hours he plays RuneScape. No doubt he is embarrased by the amount. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame him at all. What he has accomplished is outstanding, all though it is, and always will remain pixels.

If you had a life, you'd probably answer the same thing ;)

Are your moments on RS that sheduled? Do YOU note down the time you spend playing? Doesn't it ever happen to you that a friend calls? That you get a lot of homework at school? That anything else comes up?

The guy knows this game for what? five years or so? off course he can have high lvls by now, no need to play 10 hours a day then :lol:

No, I admit that I don't sit here with a stop watch and see how long I'm on from start to finish, but I try to limit myself to an hour a day to leave room for other things. RuneScape is a past-time, a hobby, whatever you want to call it, and it should remain at that. I admit, there have been times when I have exceeded 1 hour, and had my priorities mixed up. Real life always has priority for me. If friends call to go out, I don't think twice about whether or not I go, RuneScape is just pixels, a past-time. If someone were to ask me how long I played RuneScape every day, I would say 1 hour, even though sometimes I play less because of interuptions or I play more because I have nothing else to do. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to flame Zezima. What he did took a lot of time and effort, even though it was just clicking a mouse over and over again. I've been playing Runescape since July 2002, and I'm 87 combat with a total lvl of 1300 because I try to not exceed 1 hour of RuneScape a day. Once again, I admire Zezima for what he has done, and especially while being in college, juggling this and his classes plus a girlfriend, by no means an easy feat. Though I am willing to bet that his RuneScape playing has taken some effect on his grades and on his social life, and this is not meant in a mean or cruel way, but just stating my opinion. Since he is what he is, the 4th god of RuneScape, he shouldn't have to dodge the question of how long he plays RuneScape per day. I would like to see good response to this, not some noob who talks in internet jargon, for I will ignore you. Zezima, if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Since he is what he is, the 4th god of RuneScape, he shouldn't have to dodge the question of how long he plays RuneScape per day. I would like to see good response to this, not some noob who talks in internet jargon, for I will ignore you. Zezima, if I'm wrong, please correct me.

He said earlier he couldn't keep track of how long he plays as it varies day to day, did you not read that? he can't give you 1 fixed amount of time on how much he plays per day. sheesh people.

~~Proud Member of The Supreme Skillers~~

bigdawgtt.png

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

A really interesting interview=). I was one of the ppl that believed that she(which is in fact a "he") is a girl@@. (Not the 40 yrs old woman cuz i do have common sense about that he couldnt possibly do that b4 rs came out lol) That must've cleared up a lot of clouds about him.

One thing i dont get is why do ppl say he lied, hes not honest, n0va's better, or i'll ignore you because of your dishonesty. I mean... wat about it? If he lied, ok he lied. No big deal to you. Hes a no lifer(not saying that he rly is, just... i.e.) does that concerns you? The funniest i've read so far on ppls reply is "i'll ignore you zezima." I was laughing so hard i thought i was gonna crawl on floor(soz, couldnt help it lol). I mean, he might've never even recognized your existence(BOth in rs and rl). And he wouldnt care if he knows that you're ignoring him. He never even talks to you, either u ignore or not its the same thing lol

Great interview^^. Maybe next one will be the old nite? Plz>___< lol

how can i explain a time that varies so much depending on the amount of school work or rl issues i have to deal with? there are even some days i dont even log on (even tho that occurance is quite rare)

Welcome to tip it man, I havnt seen you in game since i had my original main Rune drizzt, used to train at taverly black demons with you when there was an alter there :)

I hope you hang arround and become a part of the tip it community, thehate and s1acker already are and they dont cop too much flack, so im sure it would work out alright for you, so if you ever get time just swing by the general p2p boards or rs discussion and leave us some input.

As to how much you play, thats your business..

But what people need to realise is that you have played almost since the start, i played in 2001 also and have had 11 chars in that time, the combined xp total of which is over 250 million, and i barely play 3 hours a day if i play at all.

I also pk and hang arround in banks a lot wasting time, im sure if i had kept my first char (rune drizzt 88 comb 92 fishing 88 cooking all other skills 50+ rsc) i would have maxed out long ago.

Lol, this is a pretty late post, but oh well :oops: I'm glad to hear that Zezima did the interview, it cleared up alot of rumors, and somewhere I heard that like, The Old Nite like.. I dunno posted something on some forum (not this one I don't think) that I googled by the way lol, that him and Zezima know each other in real life and that Zezima is like 14 lol, I didn't believe it though, he also said that RuneScape, when "they" first started it was called RuneQuest, rofl, so fake, it wasn't the real The Old Nite either rofl. Well, it did clear up alot of rumors by the way :D

Nice article, I always wondered how he got the name, I thought it had to do with the drink zima, lol.

Seems we both started in 2001, except I quit for a year and a half, and I made a lot of accounts to do the free to play quests over again.

I can't remember ever meeting Zezima in game, though I might have and just don't remember.

I kind of like to play my own game, and find areas where I won't be pestered, so I try to give that same respect to others.

If we have a trade to do, or happen to be in the same area doing something I'll talk to people, but otherwise my list is full enough, and I don't need to chat. I think having ten conversations at once is hard enough, I can just imagine Zezima's chat screen, lol.

Nice work on the article, its an insightful interview.

It was a lovely interview, and nice to know that there are quite a few adults, old and young, who truly value this game for what it is. I'm impressed that he's going for biology or psychology, makes me feel not so guilty about being 20, studying nursing, and loving RS.

Thanks so much Tip It for getting that interview. 843 hours or somthing crafting fire runes! man that is so crazy. He sure is commited. Lol i think its funny that hes having so much trouble with challenge scrolls. Awesome interview and thanks again

Jimmy+Kak.png

currently smithing

Thanks for the interview, its really helped me to udnerstand this from Zezima's point of view.

Having second thoughts on being RS-famous now...lol. I wouldn't mind being sort of community-famous like Leesters, but this is just...literally crazy.

BTW Zezima maybe you remember me ingame? Doubt it..was a year ago at World 18 at the Ectofungus. I was like omfg the #1 RS player. ALl you said was "lol" but at least I met ya :)

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Champion scroll challenge progress:

imps: 2 fully charged crystal bows - no results

goblins: cannon for 3 hours at goblin village - no results

hobgoblins: 3k cannonballs at hobgob mines in widly - no results

giants: N/A

skeletons: 3k cannonballs at skelly mines in level 8 wildy - no results

zombies: N/A

ghouls: 2.4M defense xp, 6k cannonballs - scroll obtained

lesser demon: 3k cannonballs & 3-4 hours - scroll obtained

earth warriors: 300k defense xp - scroll obtained

jogres: 1.5M defense xp - scroll obtained

(I'll update this later)

Wow, this really changed the way I think about zezima. I used to think he was a no life creep who sat on the computer all day....it really helps to understand when you got the facts and not some lie off a bunch of sites.

Good luck on your challenges and in university.

Great interview. I knew some of this information from a rs friend of his. Didn't believe my friend until now. I think Zezima has a great look on everything he does and that he will succeed in whatever he does. 8)

I would like to talk with him (much like everyone else), but I would like to talk about non rs stuff. He reminds me of me (I know this sounds fake, but i'm sure all my rs friends will say so.... except for the intense training).

I am definetly looking foreward to another interview with a well known rs person, or with Zezima again.

Like I said before, great interview. Glad to see he's down to earth and hasn't let the "fame" go to his head. I played a game of Castle Wars once when he was there, and it was sure insanity. Had so many people following him. I thought I got it bad with the questions, people following, etc. But I pale in comparison. If you ever fell overwelmed with all the people bugging you and such, you can add me and vent if you want. ;) RSN is in the sig.

Once again great interview, I wish you all the best in whatever you are going to do in RuneScape and in Life. :)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

After four years or so, you'd think he'd have some positive and negative comments about the game. One of those:

So, what were some of the positive changes made in the game?

What do you see were some negative changes made to the game?

What have been some of you more positive experiences in Runescape?

Care to relay some negative experiences you suffered during your time on RS?

What are some mistakes (in your opinion) you see being made by the serious players in Runescape?

Anything you see being done by players you just "don't get"? Ex: Skilling, Merchanting, Clans, PK'ing, Mini-games, collections, Role-Playing, etc.?

I disagree with his statement about sticking to one skill. Fast skills like cooking can be considered ok, but imagine spending the 200 hours it takes to make 99 in the not so easy skills like agility?

Should have asked how he advanced some more of his skills. The bit about ranging 45k blue dragons was very informative. It helped Range, Prayer, Hitpoints and Crafting.

Other than that, nice to see a kid 10 years younger than me having fun in a game. Sure, there are things in college you can be doing aside from that, but in reality most just waste their time partying which accomplishes nothing in retrospect. Hell, many of my co-workers waste HOURS on Battlefield 2. Who am I to judge? Our trips to the Zona Norte in Tiajuana don't accomplish anything either.

Moral: Range lotsa blue dragons.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Good work to Zezima for working so hard, and its good to see he has a girlfriend :lol: but more importantly a life.

On a more serious note i don't have a GF and i'm dead shexay 8)

also dam that that interview musta cost alot, i guess that's where Zezima got his 2nd blue phat from then :roll:

JRH

ps. Sum1 should delete that STUPID save Zezima campaign on the web, obviously Zezima is better off then the person who made that campaign....

For those complaining Zezima's interview wasn't as "instructive" as N0valyfe's, yes I can understand you wishing he'd given more of an advising answer, but did you ever stop to consider that maybe he didn't PLAN his skilling in any particular manner?

I know I do this all the time. I find a skill that I want to raise to such and such level, and I get it. I don't do it in any particular order, or put much thought into it, I just raise it.

Champion scroll challenge progress:

imps: 2 fully charged crystal bows - no results

goblins: cannon for 3 hours at goblin village - no results

hobgoblins: 3k cannonballs at hobgob mines in widly - no results

giants: N/A

skeletons: 3k cannonballs at skelly mines in level 8 wildy - no results

zombies: N/A

ghouls: 2.4M defense xp, 6k cannonballs - scroll obtained

lesser demon: 3k cannonballs & 3-4 hours - scroll obtained

earth warriors: 300k defense xp - scroll obtained

jogres: 1.2M defense xp - no results

(I'll update this later)

Haven't touched zombies or giants? You might try switching around after every few hundred. I know with the ones I got, I had killed hudreds of jogres and goblins, but then went to giants and got one in 10 kills or less, then similar experience with hobgoblins.

It's not fullproof or confirmed by jagex, but it seems that a lot of players have had this phenomena that suggests you're more likely to get a scroll from a particular champion than from the others, at a given time.

on lime wire search zezima and watch the videos.

in one if them he gets killed in the wild...

ask zezima if he has got owned before.

You're telling me you've never been PKed? Who gives a hoot?

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?