Autoer/macroer discussion- please post here!

jaklumen

^^ I agree with you to a certain extent.

I do not like the cheaters who leech their macro's and abuse them to earn pixils.

But I do not see what it wrong with macroing done by people only doing it to 'beat the system.' They often do not play runescape much if at all, make their own bots, don't abuse them and give away/never use the pixils they gain.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya =]

- nah i wouldnt see too much a problem with that either , if that were the case.

They would be using their own smarts writing own scripts keepin to themselves but nope they gotta go an ruin someones day .It only takes 1 bad apple as they say #-o

I used to live in Taiwan so I know rudimentary mandarin. I'm too tired know though, I'll ahve a crack tomorrow morning at making a list.

EDIT: OK, that means what do you want?

Ni hao-hello (nee how)

xie xie - thankyou (shyeh shyeh)

Zai jian- (bye) (ziiiiii jen)

hen hao- very good (hen how)

Ni hao ma- how are you? (nee how ma)

Bu hao- No good (boo how)

Hen gui- very expensive (hen gway)

Bu yao- Don't want or no (good for getting rid of people sellign you stuff!)(boo yow)

Jie guo- excuse me (jay gwo)

That just about covers it.

The problem with internet chinese is that you can't put on accents with the average key board, so you could say something which means one thing but also means something else, so be careful.

Edit 2: Oh wow, we're typing this, and I just gave pronounciation.

Talking about someone called dominatr in a "your banned" game thread

banned for beginning about names while you cannot even be bothered to type an "e" between the t and the r

• 2 weeks later...
I hear ya =]

- nah i wouldnt see too much a problem with that either , if that were the case.

They would be using their own smarts writing own scripts keepin to themselves but nope they gotta go an ruin someones day .It only takes 1 bad apple as they say #-o

We are, to some extent.

Most of us posting here are part of a private community developed around one bot. To get in, you have to prove yourself worthy, write a script, show of you're programming.

Around 200 -ish people are part of it, and we aren't manderin.

Although, we have a select few members who work for the manderin sweatshops. (selling there gold)

Like living dead, we'll never die.

What Jagex needs to do is to shut down the source of all the Macroers. This means shutting down all the sites that even say they can provide a Macro. The next thing to do is to ban the autoers before they can sell their GP which is the only reason that people auto, if they don't think they can get anything by autoing they won't do it. The next thing that needs to be done is to make there less areas that are easy to auto in, the other thing is to educate all RuneScapers about Macro programs (what they do how they work who uses them and what will happen to users).

Unfortunately, even Jagex con't shut down other sites, hmm, although they can try. But I do like the idea to show players how to detect macros...

Actually, JaGEx might be able to shut down sites selling autoers by claiming that the sites violate their copywrite on RuneScript...i dunno

At least hordes of autoers are funny when they all log after a mod speaks...

Probably, though, one of the most effective deterrents to autoers (and many other types of scum) would be to hire more staff to sift through reports, because as it is, reports often go unnoticed. :wall:

And as to the lazy people out there who auto just because they don't want to do real work: Get off the game! You made JaGEx ruin ess, and you ruined the entire market for raw materials!

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Actually, JaGEx might be able to shut down sites selling autoers by claiming that the sites violate their copywrite on RuneScript...i dunno

Its weird that jagex only shuts down legit cheating communities, and leaves scam sites alone. Its almost as if they want to back up their "all cheating sites are scams" and make it actually true.

Many cheating sites are completely legal. As long as a community doesn't host any of jagex's code, or state that their program is made for macroing, jagex can't legally do anything.

You made JaGEx ruin ess, and you ruined the entire market for raw materials!

Wong. Jagex ruined essence. There were plenty of ways to slow down the macroing, and jagex did the stupidest one. What about leaving classic to autoers, since most of them did, it would create a 'sandbox' for us to macro, since they were stupid enough to kill classic, the macroers have gone to runescape 2. In doing so they have created a much bigger macro problem, as there are much more people in rs2 catching on.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Enough state that they use it for macroing. Client editing should be illegal too, becouse thats use of third party programs. And if you guys havent noticed, Andrew is really going up the way of economy $$ As far as distant but trustable rumours go, he is planning some new marketing tricks in the near future.

What do you think: would they ban member macroers? Would they prefer game over cash? No.. and they've shown that multiple times in the past. (for the record, I didnt say theyd do that all the time)

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension

What do you think: would they ban member macroers? Would they prefer game over cash? No.. and they've shown that multiple times in the past. (for the record, I didnt say theyd do that all the time)

That was my theory at first. When classic was still alive, and full of macroers, Not many people cheated in rs2, because the cheaters were rsc vets and stayed there. When jagex made classic members only they had a good system: Keep most of the cheaters in classic, let them use it as a sandbox to cheat in, while still raking in the money. Thus leaving rs2 - their main focus with much much less cheaters.

When Jagex killed classic that was when cheating in rs2 erupted. Their new game is being ruined because they won't let people play their old one.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

You know I don't think these are macroers were dealing with. This might go off-topic here, but it will explain what's really going on with the "macroer" problem.

The whole majority of these macroers, are actually real people: under-paid chinese workers (I'm not being racist btw) that live in so called "sweat shops". I saw the news yesterday on TV about this growing problem in China. These workers get paid very little or nothing at all while the people that run these sweatshops get the money by selling off items/gp that the workers obtain to the people that want them.

This actualy explains why these "macroers" have chinese names. Also I've seen some of the chinese slave characters wear mimi clothing and lederhosen, those random events require visual attention to do. I don't think a normal macro could do that...

Well,I speak chinese so I know what I'm talking about.I saw 3 people,bald and default clothes "zhaolu0303"translation=path finder!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I am personally getting sick of seeing level 3 accounts with a name like "cafjedslr9103" or something like that with 80+fishing, while I worked for my level 63, and I actually think that is high.

I am just laughing at them when they get killed or teleported by a random event :lol:

quote^^^^

well some macro programs have a anti random thing that gets updated as new randoms and the old ones are updated. I used to auto b4 i got banned... i autied p ess or 45 days and go 89 wc b4 i was caught..

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I've never really seen many member autoers. The reason I've never really seen any is because the people who use autoers can't be bothered to play properly so I doubt many of them would be willing to spend ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3-ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5 a month on an online game which they show no real enthusiasm in playing proberly.

runemrune,ddpoops2929.gif

I'll say it short and I'll say it sharp. Macroers disgust me. There's no excuse for it. "Fun of beating the system." If it matters that much to you to be 'better' than a bunch of people you will never meet, then I'm surprised you don't actually like the game and respect its RULES. You 'people' make me sick because I play runescape and I toil for hours earning Exp. while simply download or in other cases (create your own so it's ok because you learn. Yeah..) A little program that allows you to gain Exp. without working for it. Try using that in real life. Part of the fun of runescape is the friends you make and the self-realisation and goal achievement 'buzz' you get from reaching your goal (53 ranging / 60). Now seriously, and in summary, please will all those who use macros in anyway, go . and . play . in . traffic.

Polnar.png

In an odd way macroes are good...

If it wasn't for them the 99 fletchers would be descreased in numbers alot.

But I hate macors more then i like em.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Did you notice that all the yew lvl3 suspected macroers are gone from the yews? Go check it out, woodcutters!

Can someone verify this? I can't check for myself.

@ Polnar. That logic doesn't seem right. You call runescape an achievement and at the same time belittle the programmers who are in it for the same reason.

Those people aren't the macros you see chopping yews or fishing. The macroers you're thinking of eventually sell their resources for real life currency.

Whereas the other kind are simple programmers.

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

There's no excuse for it. "Fun of beating the system." If it matters that much to you to be 'better' than a bunch of people you will never meet, then I'm surprised you don't actually like the game and respect its RULES.

I don't want to be better than other runescape players, Its fun beating the system, I learn how to code, and problem solve.

You 'people' make me sick because I play runescape and I toil for hours earning Exp.

If you 'toil for hours' then why do you play runescape? Its supposed to be fun genius.

while simply download or in other cases (create your own so it's ok because you learn. Yeah..) A little program that allows you to gain Exp. without working for it.

Whats your problem, I don't care about the exp, I don't care about the pixils, but apparently you do. I just like learning how to code and stuff around with things. I quit actually playing runescape years ago, I occasionally pk, and give away my winnings. So if im not macroing to gain an advantage (because I don't care about the pixils) Then whats your problem?

Part of the fun of runescape is the friends you make and the self-realisation and goal achievement 'buzz' you get from reaching your goal (53 ranging / 60). Now seriously, and in summary, please will all those who use macros in anyway, go . and . play . in . traffic.

Yeah? So? Your buzz is getting levels after hours of pointless clicking. My buzz is to write a program, then have it work without getting banned. If you knew anything about it then you might appreciate the work that gets put into it.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

I traded an autoer once and he just froze up... I'm sure it was a macro but I dont know if this actualy works or if it was a glitch =;

heres a few ways to stop macros:

- report them

-outperform them.(this is easy in mining)

-draw an agressive monster more than half their lvl near them with arrows or spells then run. (its hard to do because most monsters have a patrol area in which they must remain)

-kill them.(can only be done in wildy)

-*new: maybe trade them...? :uhh:

It's better to report then outperform them

by "them" I mean macros :ohnoes: :-k :-k :-k

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~