Autoer/macroer discussion- please post here!

jaklumen

I explained that to =P

Ill look around, I remember saving a half draft of my post (I modified and added to evil cowgods book) If I find it ill ask for it to be left undeleleted, if an admin agrees then Ill put it back up, rehost the pictures etc.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... removing fog of war and drawing that much stuff with Jagex's crappy engine must have been slow as all hell... rofl.

Anyhow, cheating can be as fun as the game itself. And if you start making your own cheats, you can actual learn things.

Repetitive clicks for xp doesn't do much for the fun factor.

It doesn't remove the fog of war, that screen shot was taken before the new game engine and the fog of war. Heres a picture from classic showing zoom with fog of war.

rsczoomyp5.th.png

You can move the screen around anywhere inside the area too. (This picture isn't edited.)

zoomxa4.th.png

l33tspeak4tk.gif

i hope nobody posted this yet but...

ive recently started chopping yews north of varrock castle, just about everytime ive been up there in any world (f2p) i have found sum macroers, ive tried reporting them but still see them on the next day

maybe have like mods set out to world hop and ban macroers in a designated area? a bit unrealistic but would be nice

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

It doesn't remove the fog of war, that screen shot was taken before the new game engine and the fog of war. Heres a picture from classic showing zoom with fog of war.

:/

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rs1wu1.jpg

^^ That's RS2, not RSC.

Um... That was yakmans picture not mine.

rodl: Client editing is extremely detectable now with the new game engine. So its really only good for learning.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

you know with the latest de-obfuscate, we can have use the german version of the runescape client, its not out yet, but you can get it with a modified client

logined6jr6.th.png treena6gu9.th.png

its mostly half english half german, but you get the idea

an annoying thing they do with modifed clients is not ban you straght away, i think they select a random number of days to ban you in, so that you cant really tell what triggered the ban, good idea.

if you want to learn programming, try going to the java site at www.java.sun.com if you want to learn java,

this is the tutorial i used when i first started learning it. http://math.hws.edu/javanotes/

but we warned that java is hard, theres a lot of weird concepts to learn and you have to have been using it for quite long before you can do anything intresting

btw, as people have said, modifiying the client is one of the most detectable things you can do, jagex spend their lives coding traps into their client. when you log in on one you can expect the account to be banned within 2 weeks or so

You'd either have to be ignorant or just stupid not the remove the traps. Thats why I laugh at jagex. All they do is put traps in their clients can be easily removed.

They have a reflection system, so as soon as someone logs into a modified client then the account is flagged, and then I think banned in a random amount of days. (So the cheater doesn't know what triggered it.)

l33tspeak4tk.gif

I was at the yew trees behind varrack castle last night reporting them using the report abuse tool, I've also contacted jagex of this growing problem but i doubt if there is anything they can do to stop autoers.

perhaps more random events in that area would work as when a random event did appear they all seemed to type a full stop, it was weird

-Tom

-YouVidIt Lead developer

logoyviif8.png

www.youvidit.com

check out the new rival video sharing community coming in october.

You'd either have to be ignorant or just stupid not the remove the traps. Thats why I laugh at jagex. All they do is put traps in their clients can be easily removed.

if its so easy why dont you do it then?

answer: its not easy, the runescape client isnt a simple "Hello World!" app, it comes in a jar, extracting it gives you about 90 seperate source files, compiling them all takes 30 seconds with the JDK, each of these files probably has 50 or so little traps, each can cause a ban, by the time you finish removing them all, another few updates have passed and it changes.

i heard andrew made his own java compiler which can compile the client in 4-5 seconds...

They have a reflection system, so as soon as someone logs into a modified client then the account is flagged, and then I think banned in a random amount of days. (So the cheater doesn't know what triggered it.)

I remember the old programs had a system in it how they could notice if the account whas flagged or not , and the "massive " ban they had, wasent because of there uber dectection skills ,but because the maker decided to give all accounts who log in a negative ID and send it to Jagex , So Jagex just had to ban the negative ID's and all autoers were gone. This is all i can remember :-k

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1

I remember the old programs had a system in it how they could notice if the account whas flagged or not , and the "massive " ban they had, wasent because of there uber dectection skills ,but because the maker decided to give all accounts who log in a negative ID and send it to Jagex , So Jagex just had to ban the negative ID's and all autoers were gone. This is all i can remember :-k

i remember that as well, those leechers got taught a lesson, on the forum after the bans there were so many threads

"Z0m9 mY M41n 1s b4nn3d!!!11"

they were so horrible, they'd shout at the developers 2 seconds after an update for not fixing it. im sure it was very satisfying for the devs when they abandonded it after th game engine update

Remeber when autoers trailed endlessly to the essence mines?

The cure (pure essence) was worse than the disease, as it drove them from something where they did not actually compete with legitimate players, to things where they do.

The same kind of "cure" would also send shockwaves through the economy, if F2P cut Yews were no longer useful to members.

Ideally, some way for other players to target them, in a way like a random - not with damage, but with something that requires removing, and a limit to the rate at which it can be used.

eg. With a rope, tie up, with a bucket, put over head. The player subjected to this would then need to resolve it as if were a random event.

Alternatively, just increase the number of aggressives around the trouble spots, and if neccessary, their level as well.

Yep, that was a while ago, with the first big rs2 deob bot. There were so many new cheaters instead of the oldies from classic. There were hundreds of new kids really abusing the bot, running 10 accounts at once overnight every night with names like ess934, ess432, ess621 etc. Also gaining the confidence to auto on their mains. and as soon as an update came out, forums updating it were flooded with posts within an hour abusing the people that know how to update and demanding it. Everyone except the abusers were happy when PD and Kamu changed the bot to log in with a negative uid, which is impossible to be created with the legit client making the macroer obviously a macroer just by logging in. - Jagex claimed this to be their advanced detection system rofl.

The abusers got what was coming to them and their mains got banned. But then they started abusing it even more, using the bot to auto, and transfer their stuff to other accounts before they got banned. Thats when names like "aslfsf" and "hsaldf" were used for autoing, perhaps 20 accounts per person running for days at a time. (Try some random letters in create account, you will find that alot of combinations are taken)

This was right before the big game engine update, which killed the bot. The leeches all demanded it to be updated, and nobody that could update it, would because only the abusers wanted it back. (It isn't hard to fix btw, the only main thing is fixing the regex patterns)

l33tspeak4tk.gif

i am wcing willows in dreynor, and there are 8 lvl3s there, this is definitly a huge problem

at least willow respawns fast

yews does not

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I think that Jagex should get a guy in to moderate autoers and ban the ip addresses of any players in f2p worlds he sees autoing ores, fish or trees he sees autoing (doing the same thing in the same path repeatedly).

(As I powermine at the Rimmington Mine in f2p, i see several autoers doing the same path over and over again to get xp from the iron rocks and then go and mine the gold rocks - a hint for autoer staff (thats if they have any) :P)

sigcg1.jpg

Proud Poster of I Had A Deal's Blog since Page 5!

Proud User of #tip-it and #Justchat IRC! =D