Would you be a mod?

bum_co

You will get asked soo much questions.. but on the other side, if you are buying/selling in world 2 fally and put your public chat on hide, people will still see your message in the text box. And I think they rather sell/buy items to/from a mod then a normal player.

20a7yhg.jpg

At least, I think that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have time or patience to bother with the responsibilities of moderating people. I'm too busy getting XP when I'm in logged into RS. I would become to obsessed with punishing all the evil cheating stuff I so often witness and get distracted from taking XP. I believe in free speech anyway, so a lot of the things people say I would be too tolerant of, which would be irresponsible to ignore as a moderator. Another thing which would be annoying is that you would have a lot of potentially resentful people paying attention to you and the stress of always having to be on your best behaviour. One bonus would be getting attention while merchanting. Otherwise, I prefer to just blend in and do my thing.

Gaelforcwynd.png

I'd like to be one, not in the last place because my offers would be visible in every screen :P

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'd love too, but I've been perm banned before, then had it repealed. My chances died with that.

And to go ahead and clear it up, I was a noob, went to a "scam" site, gave my pass, and expected 100k and a santa. Whoever it was then got onto my account, hacked me, and advertised the same website. I was so ashamed for falling for such an obvious scam :?

thhah.gif

Simply Quoted from the Knowledge Database.

If you have a previous punishment this does not necessarily end your chances of becoming a Player Moderator. We take into account the time at which offenses took place and the player's subsequent behaviour. If this indicates they have learnt from their mistakes and made a positive impact on the game, it can result in the player being considered for the role of Player Moderator.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller

I wouldnt want to be one, cause my moderatorship would be of no tribute to improve the game.

And I wouldnt want to have the power of a moderator because I believe with power comes responsibility, responsibility that I do not want to have ;)

Lol, thats from spiderman

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ONE!

last week i made myself TRY to become a player mod. its very hard to find scammers / hackers / macroers..... well not macroers...... how do u report macroers... .how does jagex tell?

bllllonz.png

whenever I'd talk in a bank it'd always get real quite, real fast

You guys are exaggerating... I talk in banks all the time and I get maybe one or two questions a day. What gave you the idea that when a mod talks the bank gets quiet? You guys must be F2P or something, because in P2P it's not bad at all.

Agreed, I see player mods talk in banks often. It might be a bit uncommon, but people still just carry on with their buying or selling, the whole bank doesn't get quiet.

K, I guess times have changed. A few months ago though whenever a mod talked in a bank it seemed like everyone shut up really fast :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Also, so I could threaten people in the wilderness to not PK me or they get banned Razz

And then you would be de-modded and possibly banned. :wink:

Also, Uber, you shouldn't go out of your way to become a mod. Let this be advice to people: be yourself. Mods should be picked for who they really are, not just what people are going out of their way to act like. If anyone could just act well and become a mod, people would be abusing their powers once they become one. So, like I said, just be yourself and have a good time. :wink:

kXiLk.jpg

why i want to be mod

to make rs better and report al those dam macroers/scammers

also when i m selling / buying stuff , they dont try to scamm me like they try 9 times out of 10

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I would love to be a mod but then other times people annoy mods. It goes both ways.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I wouldn't do it for "power," I would do it because I enjoy helping out, and to give something back to Jagex. I can tell you from experience, people constantly pming you with questions gets very annoying. I guess I'm too patient to ever turn off my chat though. :wink:

I don't have a problem with knowing the rules and never breaking them, because I already don't break the rules.

Exactly how I feel. I'd love to be a pmod for the sake of helping out in the game. And I tend to be open to answering any questions I can.

i+am+me1.png

untitled6kv7.gif

Would you? I mean why would you want to be one? To have "power"? Would you like to have someone looking up to you for answers constantly? Also, your expected to know everything, and never break any rule. If a mod says crap, RS blocks it, so everyone wants to report a

mod for fun. Then you get banned. Would you really like to be one?

I assume you're talking about player mods.

I wouldn't mind it.

I wouldn't do it for "power," I would do it because I enjoy helping out, and to give something back to Jagex. I can tell you from experience, people constantly pming you with questions gets very annoying. I guess I'm too patient to ever turn off my chat though. :wink:

I don't have a problem with knowing the rules and never breaking them, because I already don't break the rules.

As for your last statement, just don't say bad things. It's as simple as that. Also, like the above, if people "report you for fun," they'll be the ones getting banned, not you. I never worry about people threatening to report me.

This sums up my opinion too. I try and answer peoples questions, encourage people to keep rules, and report rule breakers. If Jagex asked me to be a mod I would say yes, we really need more F2P mods anyway.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

No-smegging-way.

Not for all the cabbage in Draynor.

With blackbane being in draynor... thats a lot of cabbage :lol:

Id love to be a pmod, autoer free areas. saying the dumbest things to make them log like...

RUN! The sky in falling down!

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Id love to be a pmod, autoer free areas. saying the dumbest things to make them log like...

RUN! The sky in falling down!

I have to admit, it would be pretty funny to see a player mod say that and then have like fifty autoers log off. :wink:

kXiLk.jpg

i would accept if they asked me to be a mod...but im not "trying" to become one.

if some swears(spelling it wierd so it gets through the chat filter) i say plz dont swear... its breaking the rules...but if its stars like **** i dont care it could be a typo or a word like "crud".

i guess i could say i have been a good player...yes when i was a noob i swore but even then not to much i mean what is realy the point? you get risked being banned and its rude...

so my answer is sure id be a mod if they wanted me to help i would :)

I was a mod in the 'beginning'. I found it very annoying. I more or less quitted the game after I had been a mod for a while.

But Im glad I got the chance to try it out though.

So you were a player mod? You were being quite vague, lol.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

i went into runescape with my actions based on an intention to become a player mod. i never really wanted to be one. given that, most people that want to be a player mod are generally those that are unsuitable to be one.

now that i am a player mod, i wouldnt imagine playing runescape without being one. it really is satisfying to go to the north varrock yews, talk, and have a macro-free area, or to walk through one of the major banks and be able to mute all password and item scammers and make rs a better place.

after a while you get used to the lower leveled players asking questions. if it is a genuine question, i will try and answer it. but if its something like "zomg kan j00 giv my fr33 st00f?" you either pretend it never happened, or put them on your ignore list. the only truly annoying ones are those that try and bait you into breaking a rule so they can have fun reporting a mod, or those that feel they can abuse and swear at pmods "because its fun." again, the ignore list comes in handy.

for all those that believe that player mods will abuse their power: the only power it that perceived by the rest of runescape. what can we do that the rest of rs cant? mute people. however, our mutes get looked at by jagex. if they find that we are incorrectly muting, action is taken against us. there is no absolutely motivation to abuse our power and incorrectly mute. we arent there to rule rs, we are there to make it a better place.

Stallion4589.png