How did YOU find Tip.It?

Nanosauromo

Google i'm pretty sure of it. Probably looking for a quest walkthrough or something when I was quite new. Found the forums a few months later.

BTW edit your title: How did you find tip.it

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Googled "runescape"...

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Someone at school was reading it so I went on it at home :P

:twisted: YoUr UnDeR ArReSt AnYtHiNg YoU SaY WiLl Be MiSqUoTeD AnD UsEd AgAiNsT YoU :twisted:

Pawan.png

mine was from runescape back in the day that they had links to other sites on their main page(the boards before scape). early oct /nov 2001 ish

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Back in the day RuneTips were like the only quest guide help. I was told to come here back in my noob days instead of annoying higher level players for help. The rules back on classic were much more tollerant of fan sites so it was not uncommon to see Tip It pop up in the chat a couple times a day. When they moved from scapeboards to here I got lost for a little bit and ended up not signing up for like six months on the old board.

blacksignaturewn1.png

I asked one of the people I'd met in RS about Dragon Slayer. They said, "Dunno, but talk to xxxxxxxx." So, I add xxxxxxxxx expecting some super quest helper guy in RS, like one of the high levels who give out free gp in Lumbridge, and I get someone who says "Who are you", I say "yyyyyyyy sent me", he says "Oh, go to google and type tip it and click the first result!". Not sure why my friend didn't just tell me that...

Me and my Mate started playing RS at about the same time, and in IT one lesson, we were talking about it, and discussing when we were each going to do Dragon Slayer. We ddin't know what skills/levels you needed to do it, so we ran a search on dogpile.com, and it cameup, 3rd result. Never looked back!

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

this was years ago. I was at school talking with my friends. (they all played RS then) One of them happened to mention tip.it so that night I checked it out. :wink:

mepoulinsigxv29qy.gif

Once in a life time!

dukefreedomdead1ng.png