*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

EDIT: Lmao... Ronaldinho and Kaka came off because Carlos wanted to play more defensively since it was a 2 goal lead...

Totally wrong. Parreira was giving players a chance to play in a world cup match. That's why he put in Rogerio Ceni (goalkeeper) too.

Anyway, great match. Without Adriano to mess up the attack, with Juninho and a smartest Ronaldo, Brazil is unbeatable.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, congrats to the convic- I mean Australians :P

The refereeing in the final 10 minutes was hilarious.

BRAZIL OWN JOO. Kthxworldcup.

Rofl thats how Brazil seem to be playing. Anybody notice that even when they were losing they still seemed fairly relaxed. Since my first prediction was Czech Republic (ha)ftw looks like i'm going to have to stick to my second choice Brazil :D . Oh and congratz to the aussies! Italy next though, brace yourself :lol:

Czech Rep. being good is another FIFA invention. Their ranking is just totally wrong.

well with Koller they are a decent side, but without him they just don't have that man to aim for up front.

sig2ho7.jpg

Czech Rep. being good is another FIFA invention. Their ranking is just totally wrong.

well with Koller they are a decent side, but without him they just don't have that man to aim for up front.

And do you think a team that depends of one player can be considered a potential world champion?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just thought of France in 98...

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me

It was quite an eventful day.

The cards were flying from ref's pocket.:lol:

Italy Vs Australia,Brazil Vs Ghana.Ah its gonna be quite some fun.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

And do you think a team that depends of one player can be considered a potential world champion?

No I don't and I never said they would get anywhere near the final. But I was just saying I think Koller makes them a decent side and a bit unpredictable, without him they are just a bit average.

sig2ho7.jpg

However the Czech Republic don't depend on just Koller.. they have one of the best keepers in the world (Cech), a former European player of the year (Nedved), a player with so much determination I would not believe (Rosiscky), and a handful of other players that I can't spell the names of so I won't try.. Shame about them going out though, really thought they could go all the way this year after their impressive shine in Euro 2004.

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

However the Czech Republic don't depend on just Koller.. they have one of the best keepers in the world (Cech), a former European player of the year (Nedved), a player with so much determination I would not believe (Rosiscky), and a handful of other players that I can't spell the names of so I won't try.. Shame about them going out though, really thought they could go all the way this year after their impressive shine in Euro 2004.

Cech, yep great goalkeeper, but isn't going to give them any spark outfield.

Nedved, good for experience but is 34 now and isn't the same player he used to be.

Rosicky, yep great midfielder, but that's it a midfielder.

Without Koller up front to aim for, they don't look like the team they used to be.

sig2ho7.jpg

GOOOOO BRAZZILLL!!!

THIS GAME ROKC! WE GONNA WINN WOOT WOOT!!!

BRAZIL AND SWEDEN FTW!

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

Italy and Australia quarter final. I reckon that'll be a really nice game, seen some good stuff from both teams today.

Plus, Baros isn't a bad forward, he just needs a partner. Bit like Heskey, but motivated.

I'm Jake Milroy

Actually, this will just be the second round. The quarter finals will be the winners of these matches playing each other.

Wooooooooooo Aussies through to round of 16 \' \'

Up against Italy lol, I wish them luck 'cos they're gonna need it :P (and maybe some Mark Schwarzer instead of Kalac...)

Yes that is a given, i hope we beat italy.

Wondering what to do with life .....

What's up with all the cheering for Brazil? It's not like they did something very special. It was the Ausies who impressed and did something special! So shut up about Brazil and cheer for Australia! Go socceroos!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Long time socceroo supporter, since 1993..

93' Aregentina v Australia..

97' Australia 2 nil up against Iran in about the last 20 minutes then a streaker decides to run-a-muck Iran get 2 quick goals... our hopes were dashed.

01' Urugauy, after winning the 1st leg 1-0....due to a dot shot..aka penalty shot... the away leg.. was lost 3-1

November 16th 05' Revenge is Sweet - Away leg, result 1 nil to Uruguay...half decent,nothing special.... Home leg, 1-nil, extra time...penalties, etc.. end result Australia are thru.

*scarcasticly* i know you all like stories....

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=65502

I saved the Socceroos: Safran

Some say it was the influence of crowd, others believe it was the skills of Harry Kewell or the guidance from Guus Hiddink, but TV presenter John Saffran knows the real reason the Socceroos qualified for the World Cup - the reversal of the witchdoctor's curse.

Safran, who hosts an irreverent religious affairs show called Safran v God, said he learned of the curse in the late Australian captain Johnny Warren's autobiography.

According to Warren, the Socceroos in 1970 asked a Mozambique witchdoctor to place a hex on their opponents Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, ahead of a World Cup qualifier.

The Australians went on to win the match but they refused to pay the witchdoctor, who then cursed them to World Cup failure.

While the Socceroos went on to reach the 1974 finals, Safran said the team's agonising failure at the last qualification hurdle in the three World Cups meant he wanted to take no chances ahead of the tie with Uruguay.

He found a witchdoctor in Maputo, Mozambique, and was able to settle the decades-old debt and lift the curse.

"I did it. I reversed the curse," Safran told SBS television.

"I found a witch doctor who said he could channel the original dead witchdoctor who cursed the team so we went to the pitch where Australia played and he smeared chicken blood all over me."

The result: Australia won the tie against Uruguay 4-2 on penalties and will go to the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

Last modified: 18 November 2005 09:04:02

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

Czechs deserve to go through more than Ghana, let's put it that way.

Because they have more tradition? That's so ridiculous...

Ghana played much better than many traditional teams, so did Ivory Coast.

i second that, the african nation have a whole different ball game, a very attractive brand, attack attack attack, well, that my opinion... it could be just the bright jersey's i dont know. i think Portugal may spring out an upset over the dutch , hell it could even go down to the wire, pk's

Just collected my ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã70 from a bet for Ghana in the second round :-w

I tried to tell you.

i knew ghana would go thru, as ive seen some african nations play... i feel like im bragging, sorry, but the olympics of 2000, i went to the gold medal play off, i think it was Cameroon v Spain, spain was winning most of the game, and cameroon kept on fighting to eventually win

And Ghana was one of the teams that only got one page on the official World Cup sticker album, while the USA and Serbia and Montenegro got 2.

But I feel sorry for them. They will be buldozed by Brazil, if Parreira keeps the same team next round.

michaelsigwm5.gif

"apinagez... let me

What's up with all the cheering for Brazil? It's not like they did something very special. It was the Ausies who impressed and did something special! So shut up about Brazil and cheer for Australia! Go socceroos!

Brazil have been doing something special for the past 50 years. Lots of people are supporting Brazil because the play the most attractive football out there, which was seen in parts of the game last night. It's how the game is meant to be played.

Personally, now that T&T are out, I will be cheering for Australia and Brazil

sig2ho7.jpg