Monkfish

janchuks

i use them for everything except kbd and those types of monsters then i make currys but there great trainin xp and for cooking i burn like 4 a load at 71 cook and there 160 cook xp i believe so 24x160 is 3840 xp while 28 lobs is 28x120 3360xp so i could burn 7 of them and still get same xp as lobs in cooking but way better fish xp

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fished there for a while, but it is really boring. the guild is much more exciting with people to talk to.

no1 talks there... when i say hi , no1 replys :?

i love monkfish tho, good for training with and nice xp 8-)

I sold 1k cooked monkfish just the other night in a crowded world at Varrock west for 400 each. Wish I could get 500 each, but the market won't bear it. I love the fishing and cooking xp these give and since they heal 16, great training food and a decent alternative to shark for those that can't afford.

As far as it taking a long time to get there, maybe try - dueling ring to al karid glider, glider to grand tree and walk over.....not too bad really!

Swan Song moopy, Swan Song.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

i love the little buggers.........it takes me 3 mins to get from anywhere in rs to the colony and its so peacful (and great exp)

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

yea monkfish are so hard to sell, I had trouble selling 4k for 270 each even.

But if you want them for yourself training and cooking xp they are the way to go. Great xp, great healing, and faster to catch.

My opinion- better than lobs

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

Yeah, monk fish are pretty awesome. For those of you who are ahving trouble selling, I buy raw monkfish for 325gp each. /end plug

Thats the main reason no one is fishing monks - 325gp ea!!! With 75 fish I can get ~200 cooked monks per hour or ~250 raw. 250*325=81k - waste of time. Got my 5k cooked monks on the weekend when monks were released and those will last me 1/2 year. So don't expect this place to be crowded.

it is a food for people that want to be self sufficient, then its very good.

for money making, try lobsters and sharks, better market there.

I personally prefer Monkfish, because i dont need sharks for things i am currently doing. If i do, i still have about 100 tuna potato's left.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I would gues it's because most people are unable to get there, unwilling to buy the fish because they are unaware of them or prefer to stick to Lobsters and Sharks. There's a lot of resistance to new foods in RS. We have Potatos that heal extremely well but they are a lot of work and so people avoid them like the plague. I'm guessing most people are not willing to try something new.

I myself cannot fish monkfish YET and so I stick to lobsters because they sell easily, the cooking guantlets allow me to not burn a single one (unlike the monkfish which is not affected by the guantlets) and that's really it. If I could fish monkfish, I probably would and use it for training and the like. But until then, the lobsters in the fishing guild be warned.