is the dragon chain really anything special anymore?

fearspudgod

Well I guess I'm a low down person for BUYING a drag chain? Come on, just because I'm willing to fork out 20M for something that isn't the best but looks tight, makes me a low person? Yes, I did sell it, but I just bought 2 santas 10 minutes later. I don't see what you're trying to get at about how some of us people who can afford a chain shouldn't be acknowledged. Stop being full of yourself. Getting compliments for the first time in a game is actually enjoyable. But the next drag chain I get will be from a drop this time.

61784167.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a dragon chain can be compared to having a cannon. Everyone will just call you a rich noob :shame:

This is why we need a few (like 10) worlds for highere levels! We can all walk around in dragon chains and set up cannons and just have fun.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Best piece of body armor that doesn't need to be repaired and looks cool and at least I have uses for it. It was always my goal and after some long time fletching, nat crafting, high alching and lucky barrowing I was able to obtain one and actually had one before my first dragon sq. (I have never merchanted, it's not all about coins but fun).

Doing slayer I use it many tasks with d legs combo when I can't use or don't want to waste my Guthans or other armor. For example I like to take d combo down to brimhaven dungeon when I go slay some greaters, I can easily cope my task in one trip using pineapple pizzas or similar food without annoying and boring spear switching and healing. You also appreciate armor that doesn't need repairing when your fancy barrows armor gets to zero after some powertraining along with peaches at dust devils underground in the middle of the desert, 15 hours is nothing...

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

No not really. D Chain used to be like "Omg, nice going buddy!" or "Nice chain man!" But now, the expression is:

That's right. Nothing. They're so common now it's not even funny. It now belongs to level 60-80's. Even Barrows armor is surrendering to the low level onslaught. I saw a lvl 63 in full Veracs (no flail). Level 71 in full guthan's (no spear)? No you say, but it's more common than you think. Any half merchant can get anything nowadays.

meh they arent as scarce as they were...but if merchanters want to buy them they can and i dont care...thats just one more person i can sell kq drops too.

cheese? i mean goto kq queen with me...oh in about 1800 pest control points.

chain = amazing for non breakin armor? over priced? uh, yea... the pretty red chain links are amazing, and i love the square boddied look, and it looks like a T-shirt. thats cool.

really i dont like the looks of my rockshell,rune plate or guthans(especially.)

for non-breaking chest armor, its the best hands down. thats all their is to it. i believe it has a -1 ranged attack or 0, so u could wear it and dhide legs and range stuff in like, castle wars or at king dags, and the -15 magic penalty is "good" if you want melee def while maging stuff like at the barrows.

this all brings up better points, like verac brassard has -6 magic attack compared to the chains -15, and its relatively the same def bonus. but it doesnt break.

its all about, who want to spend time repairing and $ whenever its most inconvient.

hand over 20mil now for a chain? spend 20mil over the next year because u wanted to wear your torag plate while fishing or mining or cutting logs or standing some where doin nothing and an evil chicken pops up.

Dragon Chains are the bomb. I currently ahve sold all of mine But my full dragon will b ecomplete on my next drop that will probably be coming in the next 2 or 3 days.

They defintly are still a status symbol. I got called poor today because some lvl 91 noob saw me at greater demons cannoning them for slayer (which i just got lvl 65, so more opprutunites for drag chain yay) and told me that a ranger set isn't that much, and that karil's isn't the best ranging gear. Idiots like this kill me, i could probably walk by him in full dragon and he'd still call me poor, but i'd love to see him try.

Oh well back to kqing, or i might go do desert treasure for dust devils.

no its not special any more as 20 mil aint all that hared to get ya hands on.

the only suit than impresses me now is:

Blue Phat (Pure rich)

Scythe (shows u dedicated to RS)

Onyx Necklace (ONe of the most useless valued item on the game shows u have cash to throw around)

Mime costume? (reasonably rare and was neva tradable)

Boots of LIghtness (show u value other things than defence and power)

Dark Gloves (nice to see other questers)

Fire Cape (good at combat)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

theres a guide for fire capes for lvl 65's now. They arent anything specail either anymore.

Is this a guide for pures? If so, could you please tell me where to find it?

They arent special anymore? :shame: Please tell me your joking

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

It's all about wether YOU, the owner of the chain like it or not.

If you are happy thats all that matters.

Of course there are many pures using them and so what difference does that make?

"Lyke omgzors the worlds ending because his combat level is low" ?

Well anyway, I understand the Torag thing, yeh its defence is better, but its like, you goto some way off place to train and armor breaks and gotta go fix it.

Usualy whenever i see any barrows armor besides guthans is at fishing and woodcutting spots. Oh yeah, buy barrows armor so you can look nice while fishing? When do you ever see anyone train combat normaly in barrows? Very Rarely. Usualy thats when everyone puts on their rune to train and save money and brag at the training spot about their Torag's in the bank.

And think about when playing castle wars. Yeh sure def is higher but getting hit by a barrage of lvl 70's constantly will end up breaking your barrows extremely quick.

I know this from experience.

And here i go to dish out a few hundred K to fix the armor and run back in and attack a few people and get chased around, before ya know it, time to fix it again.

Also everyone says how barrows is better how about...

Full Rune, Price: 200k, Repairs: No

Gets the job done for sure.

BUT dont get me wrong, I like barrows armor for its effects and sometimes useful extra defence. And Dragon Chain even if it costs a pretty penny its still awesome armor.

Again though its all about people's opinions. Everyone should learn to RESPECT that. :?

I have some other things to say that are better off NOT said so.. ill keep my mouth shut for now.

My Accounts:

Cman1989 (Main Account) - Summer_Mists (Secondary Main)

Imake_Runes0 (Skill Pure F2P) - X_Magicka_X (Mage Pure F2P)

The chain has its uses. It completes the set of full Dragon. It offers crush resistances, something which the barrows armours couldn't do. It's also stylish.

If I had the choice I would definitely spend the 20M on a chain just 'cause I can. I don't care about being efficient; if I wanted to be efficient I would spend substantially less. This is pursuit of happiness, and the chain would make my day.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

theres a guide for fire capes for lvl 65's now. They arent anything specail either anymore.

what are you talking about nooob!!!!! Fire CApe is soo hard to get !!! I've tried 3 times and still no cape !! Almost got it but messed up on prayer as the healers healing jad started attacking me and Jad k0d me :wall: I respect any one that gets it countless levels 120s+ tried and failed !! Any one that gets it even a lower level then me definately gets my upmost respect !!!

But on subject no I don't see drag chain as a big deal anymore!! I dislike the low level that have it especially if they have no skills cause I know they are what I hate the most ( merchants :evil: )

xbox360_pgr3.png

Trying for firecape!!

what are you talking about nooob!!!!! Fire CApe is soo hard to get !!! I've tried 3 times and still no cape !! Almost got it but messed up on prayer as the healers healing jad started attacking me and Jad k0d me :wall: I respect any one that gets it countless levels 120s+ tried and failed !! Any one that gets it even a lower level then me definately gets my upmost respect !!!

But on subject no I don't see drag chain as a big deal anymore!! I dislike the low level that have it especially if they have no skills cause I know they are what I hate the most ( merchants :evil: )

=D>

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

of course it is. Many people say any merchent can get a d chain, perhaps, but not everyone has the pactience to merchent. If you work ur butt off and get urself 20m thats quite an accomplishment. So i do feel that d chains are special.

Btw i love my d chain =)

Maybe if you looked around the forum more you could find the guide... It's there, probably lost on page 50 or so.

Just shows JaGEx need to bring out another dragon item... I'm leaning towards Full Helm. The economy needs to change alot before they get the Plate because Dragon Axes are still 2 odd Million...

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Wow... Threads like this make me laugh...

Unless it's about the fally... nevermind..

anyway.. Every man/women for their own...

Some people like the way they look? Yes

Some people only worry about Stats? yes

Some people have more money then they know what to do with? Of coarse

Do some people scam for money ? Look at world 2 fally

Do merchents work for their money? YES. ( I am no merch but...)

Do some players hate merchs for making money 50 times faster then them? Yes

Is Dragon Chain useful? Of coarse (No repair - Higher mage defense - better the rune)

Does Torag have better Def? Yes

Come on... All aspects of the game are YOUR decisions.. That's why it's a community game.. This is runescape not a... Won't go too off topic..

I use all items I get from drops.

I use Dskirt (Even tho I am a dude)from Irons getting 85 slayer

Rock Shell ( from DK's )

Torags plate and full guthan (barrows)

Dark gloves (176 QP ftw)

Climbin boots (where ever)

etc etc

Would I buy DChain? Maybe a year ago, but now I can just get from Dusty's or KQ easier then before ((SODB!!!))

Do I think it's a waste? In my eyes I can see buying Rockshell, invest the 19M in a Green or Blue mask and then sell when it goes up and pay for most of my chain..

Do I think it's a status symbol? Don't think of things as status symbol. More of.. o'cool you got a.... cool man

Anyway... I know many people wont read this far into a post or even read this whole thing... If you did...

COOKIE for you!!

Being retired makes it easier for long posts :)

i wanted the drag chain strictly to complete the full drag look, cool as it may look to have the full set, still not worth the price

Playing since 06/2001

Combat: 98

Skill: 1333

RSN= Redplauge