Runescape Money.

Skaten

Hey,

My question is, where did or does the Runescape money start?

I find it interesting, but i can't find a good answer for it.

The thing i thought was that i began by High Alchers.

What do u think??

Discuss here.

~Skaten

Crashing and looting your wars, since 02'

you mean where they came from from the beginning?

Mainly from mining & smithing and then selling to stores back in the very early days of RSC, those two are the only possible ways of money comming into the RS world. Possibly also picking up stuff from item spawns.

i agree with you chaos, there's no way the guys back in rsc were able to train their magic without the rc skill, the runes would cost far too much. and to lvl 55..

there's also a way called 'the banana plantation' :mrgreen:

Nodding DuckRange: 71/80|Strenght:70/70 |Currently starting at members|

i agree with you chaos, there's no way the guys back in rsc were able to train their magic without the rc skill, the runes would cost far too much. and to lvl 55..

there's also a way called 'the banana plantation' :mrgreen:

it started with mining and smithing, and selling iron and steel plates to the armory shop in varrock

and in rsc the monsters dropped more runes (2X as many)

not 100% sure

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Psh.... In the early days we didn't have runecrafting or Tut. island. They just kinda dumped you into the game and assumed you'd know how to survive. Just try to imagine the noobs of today going through that... :lol:

Early coins came from monster drops, and by selling what they dropped to stores. A couple weeks after that, smithers and miners started selling to stores. That's where most of the money probably came from. High alchers brought in more money later on in the game.

Psh.... In the early days we didn't have runecrafting or Tut. island. They just kinda dumped you into the game and assumed you'd know how to survive. Just try to imagine the noobs of today going through that... :lol:

Dumping you into the game is far more effective than tutorial, I'm sure 50% of the people who start playing Runescape can't even make it to the mainland because of the boredness of T.I. :P Seriously, my mates don't play Runescape because of the tutorial island.

My guess is people sold stuff to shops, got stuff from respwans and sold them to shops. Once they had enough money, they would train magic and high alch (when/if it came out).

My guess though, I haven't played before Dec. 2005.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

and now all the cash disappears mostly via buying runes and construction...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

in rsc i used to smith mithril and then sold it in the general store

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

From Wikipedia:

The economy in RuneScape Classic was very stable. It depended mainly on the selling of ores, metal bars, and certain scarce items. Ores and bars could be exchanged as notes, a guaranteed currency. All other items could only be exchanged in small quantities. Amongst the most valuable items were holiday drops, items that were added to the game by Jagex for entertainment but which became valuable due to scarcity. New holiday drops are no longer tradeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape_economy

Good reading

I would say by selling EVERYTHING, they didn't have a bank back then after all, and when the bank first came out, it could only store money. Or maybe there was always a gold bank? I'm not really sure, I came in when it could only store money.

RSN: Mutashi

The earliest money was made by street dancing, and performing in the many bars of Runescape. \'

Preach!! LMAO! And oh, the forums are back up Pure ... but I can't log in rofl

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Dont know if it still works but picking grain was a good way to make money if you had nothing better to do... I had a friend who would just stand in a field and pick grain. He would talk to people and watch TV or something while he was playing, but he would always pick grain... Since it stacked, it only took him a few days before he had gotten a million or so. High alch that for 1gp each is a million right there.