the ghost level, perhaps fiction perhaps not.

jessy87

now before i explain the whole idea behind the ghost level theory let me explain to you what was explained to me by an experienced scaper.

simply, it was explain to me like this, levels are truly not what make you hit harder(continue to read before you make a comment) but its the experience which makes you hit harder and such. some where in the experience coding of runescape are small decimal markers which add up over levels.

have you ever been close to a strenght level and then suddenly notice you hit +1 harder then you ever had before? i know i did when i was F2p with my rune scimmy beating away for hours at moss giants. it was rare and i wonder even today if i hadnt ever maxed hit or if i was so close to a lvl, it round up to that next level.

well what was explained to me was about 75% exp to the next level you would start to possibly notice hitting harder, the problem is this occurs ever 3-5 str lvls(i believe its really 4)

okay now that you understand the concept of how it MAY exist ill explain the what was reffered to me as the "ghosted" level. it was told to me that lvl 99 str with 3/4ths the way to the experience for the next lvl(lvl 100) you would hit +1 harder then anyone else with 99 strength, however, their is one small flaw, since its every few levels between hitting harder, ull need to be super str potted, str prayer and huge str bonus's.

ill use a picture of a 99 lvl skill and the experience to get to lvl 100.

997tx.png

im sorry if i explained this poorly, it takes some imagination to understand it.

the idea is some 99 stats you could infact start seeing a new max hit, the skills that which this maybe be only possible in are, strength magic and ranged. you understand the strength lvl theory i assume, but the magic and ranged well thats different, for ranged ull need to be like 14.3mil exp in ranged and have a ranged pot + stuff like a crystal bow on accurate then perhaps your max hit went from say, 24 to 25 or 26. magic is a bit harder since the spells all have a normal max hit which u can hit whenever u get to that level EXCEPT for the mysterious slayer dart spell, which the max for that is(10 +(first # of your magic lvl)) meaning if your 99 magic and pot to 103 magic, ull hit 20's with it.

heres the catch which i thought strange, and since this is all unsure, this is even more skeptical in my eyes, after you reach the experience required for lvl 100, your max reverts back to lvl 99 str. so if perhaps you were to get to like 14.1-14.3mil str exp and never EVER went past the lvl 100 mark, you might be stronger the 99 str'ers

so i ask you, do you believe in ghosts?

please, dont comment on this negatively. its a theory, its not actually proven to my knowledge and i would like to get some thoughts on it, if your think it IS possible

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm :-k , I never noticed hitting +1 when close to a str level but who knows (Jagex knows :evil: ) , it might be true. It shows you the xp for level 100 but never gives you never actually get to lvl 100. Probably hidden in the game codes and never shows up on your skills. It would only matter for strength and ranged.

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

Hmm :-k , I never noticed hitting +1 when close to a str level but who knows (Jagex knows :evil: ) , it might be true. It shows you the xp for level 100 but never gives you never actually get to lvl 100. Probably hidden in the game codes and never shows up on your skills. It would only matter for strength and ranged.

like i said i noticed mainly when i was f2p with that rune scimmy, it was very limited with its max hits and today... wow i super pot and pray for almost everything so i dont really know my max hit, especailly not lately...ive gone from 90-98 str in about a week and hell i have no idea what my max is

people called them "bugged levels"

actually i believe your reffering to what i know to be considerd the "glitched" levels. the levels which people used to believe in classic 92 attack was better then 99 attack or something along those lines.

reffering to them as bugged levels seems to be more descriptive of what i mentioned above.

ghost level seems to imply a level which physically is not their but is more like on a spiritual level

Very snazzy, you've got an eye for detail there. If that's true then it might be worthwhile to others to keep training Stength to that 100th level :-k

oh wow, i totally forgot to mention, after you reach the lvl 100 mark, you revert back to the origianl 99 str... because you surpassed the exp marker and it now resets, or at least this is what i was told... thats why its kee to have like 3/4th's the way to lvl 100 strength

I kind of see what he's saying, and i also kind of don't. Levels are just marker points in experience it is of course the experience that counts.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Hmm... let me resume what you are suggesting. You agree that max hit (combat level, etc.) is calculated using the levels you have. That's normal, we know some of the formulas used, etc.

And you are suggesting that maybe in these formulas they also take into account your xp or, more precisely, how close your xp is to a threshold xp (the one for the next level). Moreover, they don't add only this to the formula and that's it, they take it into account only every 4 levels or so.

I see absolutely no reason to make a formula that complex. The levels are there and they are used... why throw in some xp percentages, but not always, etc.? It will be more difficult to calculate and there is no incentive for it. I believe in "Occam's blade" principle: the simplest explanation prevails. In our case, this means the formula is the one we know and the rest is pure random hits.

My oppinion, anyway.

PS. Even if it was true.. what difference does it make to the way we play the game?

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

sorry dont believe it, i think that if it was true, jagex prolly would have fixed it long ago to make it more fair for others. what you might have noticed is that on agressive you tend to hit harder than on accurate or defensive, thats the only difference i know

ThE fOrGoTtEn OnE

When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

sacredmartyr.png

EXCEPT for the mysterious slayer dart spell, which the max for that is(10 +(first # of your magic lvl)) meaning if your 99 magic and pot to 103 magic, ull hit 20's with it.

This isn't true...

lvl 55 65 75 and 85 mages all hit 18s with slayer dart.

I have indeed recently started hitting 19s with slayer dart but I never hear of anyone potted 99 mage hitting 20 with slayer dart :shame:

please, dont comment on this negatively. its a theory, its not actually proven to my knowledge and i would like to get some thoughts on it, if your think it IS possible

It is indeed a theory and it is a FALSE theory ;) I have never ever started hitting higher shortly before getting a lvl.

There are of course a few ways to try this out and get evidence.

1) the most proving and easiest way. If you would hit 20s with slayer dart after hitting 100+ (potted) mage then just get someone with 99 3/4 magic to try and hit a 20 if he can its proven.

Another way would be the thing you said about the lvl being determined by an amount of xp and not the lvl.

This won0t prove anything but you can make 2 tables about the xp amount per max hit and the strength lvl per max hit. Now make a formula defining the max hit based on lvl and a formula defining max hit based on xp.

Now IF and only IF the xp per max hit formula sounds a lot more logical then the lvl per max hit formula it MIGHT be true that it is based on xp.

But for a starter you have one very big problem with this second one, tipits max hit calc is based on lvls ;) and that thing is pretty dam accurate may I say 99% not to say 100% anyways since thats based on lvls it doesn't look like jagex bases their max hits on xp.

Well what can I say.... Go and do some research try to catch some evidence and I would love to hear from you if it results to be true.

EXCEPT for the mysterious slayer dart spell, which the max for that is(10 +(first # of your magic lvl)) meaning if your 99 magic and pot to 103 magic, ull hit 20's with it.

This isn't true...

I have indeed recently started hitting 19s with slayer dart but I never hear of anyone potted 99 mage hitting 20 with slayer dart :shame:

It's true, there were screenies of this. Try searching. ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

This isn't true...

I have indeed recently started hitting 19s with slayer dart but I never heard of anyone potted 99 mage hitting 20 with slayer dart :shame:

It's true, there were screenies of this. Try searching. ;)

Lol U didn't get it everything i wrote is 100% correct, as you can see I mentioned the formula being incorrect. Why ? because 55 magic doesn't hit 15, pretty clear.

Now For the part about the 20s let me quote myself: "but I never heard of anyone potted 99 mage hitting 20 with slayer dart :shame:"

As in I never saw it but it may be true ;)

notice as well: silver24-7:

There are of course a few ways to try this out and get evidence.

1) the most proving and easiest way. If you would hit 20s with slayer dart after hitting 100+ (potted) mage then just get someone with 99 3/4 magic to try and hit a 20 if he can its proven.

As you can see I mentioned the 20s as a way to prove his theory.

Why would I post this if I believed 20s couldnt be hit by slayer dart ? :S

I don't like to say this bloodveld but you need some practice on your comprehensive reading ;) Or you could just search for whatever you like to search for ok ?

Silver

EDIT: about the 20, tip.it says max hit's 19 :/

When I search specifically for magic dart 99 magic hit 20 I get only 1 result... this page :P

And when I search for magic dart 20 It comes up with over 100 results 99% of them being useless barrows posts with no info about magic dart hitting 20s.

So please help me in my search for a picture of a 20 being hit by slayer dart :)

2nd EDIT:

Slayer Staff

Once level 50 Magic and 55 Slayer, you will be able to unleash the Magic dart, which can only be cast from a Slayer Staff. Not only can the dart hit up to 19 points of damage but it can be used to kill monsters such as Turoths and Kurasks.

You are SOOOO getting me this picture of slayer dart hitting 20 now because this really makes that 20 sound like nonsense =D> :shame:

i have 104 range, I have NEVER hit higher than usual, they simply done exist sorry :(

frogmite ive seen your ranged exp i believe it does go over the lvl 100 marker, and from what i was told if you exceed the lvl 100 marker you now infact will not experience the so called +1 ghostly effect

ive got like 600k over the 100th level, I don't see any difference, I don't believe it mate sorry :(

same goes for you wakka your over the mark, and now i do agree it is VERY strange the idea behind after passing the lvl 100 mark ull no longer hit harder then other 99er's and really, that is seriously the thing that makes this theory well for lack of a better term "wishy-washy"

and i bet if their are some pics of 20's bein hit with slayer dart theirs a problem with this, i searched for it and i got 139 pages of results but ill try to narrow it down slightly next time, if you want just ask craven image or oddfaery2 to pot up and try it, im sure they have no problem proving it or disproving it, just ask kindly if you do

Hmm... let me resume what you are suggesting. You agree that max hit (combat level, etc.) is calculated using the levels you have. That's normal, we know some of the formulas used, etc.

And you are suggesting that maybe in these formulas they also take into account your xp or, more precisely, how close your xp is to a threshold xp (the one for the next level). Moreover, they don't add only this to the formula and that's it, they take it into account only every 4 levels or so.

I see absolutely no reason to make a formula that complex. The levels are there and they are used... why throw in some xp percentages, but not always, etc.? It will be more difficult to calculate and there is no incentive for it. I believe in "Occam's blade" principle: the simplest explanation prevails. In our case, this means the formula is the one we know and the rest is pure random hits.

My oppinion, anyway.

PS. Even if it was true.. what difference does it make to the way we play the game?

well let me start off with some questions i can give definate answers with, 1, does this effect our game play? no, i never said that really i simply asked if you believe in it.

the occams blade principle, im not familiar with, sorry your lost me and im not going to research it, however simple or complex it maybe i have no interest in it, sorry.

why throw in some xp percentages, but not always, etc.?

well how it was told to me, i precieved it as more like, every strenth level has a experience marker, some where hidden in the coding, and its like whenever some small decimal, perhaps the decimal is in the 10thousandth's or millionth's. that when you advance a strength level, it places a 1 in this collumn, then when it reaches a set # in this very small decimal area, it triggers a locked # and this becomes reachable now after that.

but, just to simply explain it, have YOU ever been training stength with something like a rune/dragon scimitar and suddenly when close to your strength level you start hitting +1 harder then your max hit, higher then you previously noticed, i personally believe i have before. but its been some time now since i really paid attention to my max hit.

i dont have all the answers to this, i can only offer my thoughts and how i understood it from what i was told. i cant explain it to you like jagex staff could, even if they would...

and yeah i dont suggest quering them about this, because i asked them something, got an auto response 12 days later.. yeah 12 days to send an automessage, its automated why the 12 day wait?

Why don't you go do that ?

It is of course your research :/

Anyways I'm still wondering why jagex KB says max hit is 19 then.

well perhaps because ive seen the pics and i do not need proof

anyway, this is going off topic, into a discussion about slayer dart. please try to stay ontopic, id appreciate it if any more posts about slayer dart are about people hitting 20's with it and nothing else.

Ok, so there might be several possible situations:

1. The max hit formula is based on levels only. In this case:

a. people thinking they could hit their max+1 when close to a new level are wrong - easy to make a mistake when talking about random numbers, it doesn't happen very often anyway, etc.

b. the formula that we know of is slightly wrong, but the real formula is still based only on levels, not xp.

2. The max hit formula takes into account the xp as well. And it has to be in a very discrete way (not happening very often), maybe exactly the one you described and that I quote below:

every strenth level has a experience marker, some where hidden in the coding, and its like whenever some small decimal, perhaps the decimal is in the 10thousandth's or millionth's. that when you advance a strength level, it places a 1 in this collumn, then when it reaches a set # in this very small decimal area, it triggers a locked # and this becomes reachable now after that.

So... what the "Occam's blade" principle says is: "whenever you have several possible explanations for a phenomenon, the simplest is more likely to be right".

Now, you have to admit that the 2nd situation is very, very complicated, which in my eyes makes it not plausible (less likely to be true). As a computer scientist who codes everyday, I can assure you that it is extremely unlikely that such an approach is implemented. There is no reason to make something that complex!

I strongly believe that situation 1 is correct. As for 1a (fake examples) or 1b (slightly wrong level-based formula), I don't know.

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

Slayer Staff

Once level 50 Magic and 55 Slayer, you will be able to unleash the Magic dart, which can only be cast from a Slayer Staff. Not only can the dart hit up to 19 points of damage but it can be used to kill monsters such as Turoths and Kurasks.

You are SOOOO getting me this picture of slayer dart hitting 20 now because this really makes that 20 sound like nonsense =D> :shame:

I think that just about proves it for slayer dart, but as far as I know, it only affects melee. I remember being a nonmember, sooo long ago...I did notice this every now and then when I was close to a strength level, never worked out that it 3/4 of the way though. Keep this thread going until someone posts something definitive.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Yeah I have notice this with cooking for example when im close to leveling I'll burn a whole lot less and fishing I catch more....

ive never noticed that, honestly. but i do not cook as often as some people do.

Why don't you go do that ?

It is of course your research :/

Anyways I'm still wondering why jagex KB says max hit is 19 then.

its not really research, i asked what people thought like i said this is just maybe a way to prove it, but yeah ill ask oddfaery in a private message on here aif hes ever potted his magic and hit that, i mean just because people are interested in it so much.

Ok, so there might be several possible situations:

1. The max hit formula is based on levels only. In this case:

a. people thinking they could hit their max+1 when close to a new level are wrong - easy to make a mistake when talking about random numbers, it doesn't happen very often anyway, etc.

b. the formula that we know of is slightly wrong, but the real formula is still based only on levels, not xp.

2. The max hit formula takes into account the xp as well. And it has to be in a very discrete way (not happening very often), maybe exactly the one you described and that I quote below:

every strenth level has a experience marker, some where hidden in the coding, and its like whenever some small decimal, perhaps the decimal is in the 10thousandth's or millionth's. that when you advance a strength level, it places a 1 in this collumn, then when it reaches a set # in this very small decimal area, it triggers a locked # and this becomes reachable now after that.

So... what the "Occam's blade" principle says is: "whenever you have several possible explanations for a phenomenon, the simplest is more likely to be right".

Now, you have to admit that the 2nd situation is very, very complicated, which in my eyes makes it not plausible (less likely to be true). As a computer scientist who codes everyday, I can assure you that it is extremely unlikely that such an approach is implemented. There is no reason to make something that complex!

I strongly believe that situation 1 is correct. As for 1a (fake examples) or 1b (slightly wrong level-based formula), I don't know.

as a fellow programmer(small time) you should know any small decimal in a complex forumala can make a big difference after a long period of time, when i took my visual basic class we dealt only with calculators and such seeing how it was a first year class it was still simple, but im sure you know a decimal in the wrong place can lead to a big difference when its a complex forumla, or that even a decimal in a a very small area of the coding can make a differnece.

one of my programs i wrote was a change machine it was like, for however much $ was deposited into the machine that you were to give back the smallest amount of coin change, even if it was $5+, of course thats not like designing microsoft windows operating system, but its fairly complex for someone who just started programming, and it taught me to never over look one thing.

and for the idea that it IS complex, cmon runescript is the language which runescape is writen in(or so ive heard) and i believe only andrew and jagex staff are some of the few people who know the language well. so theirs obviously a possibity that it could be complex like that

so i ask you? is it possible? not whether its practicle but if its simply possible this level may exist, seeing how you want to get technical about it ill keep it that simple.

possible? yes or no.