Does anyone even buy phats because they look good anymore?

Nazgul740

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my green for 3m after the dupe. Price was a bit much (people were wanting like 2 mil for 'em) but I knew after seeing the price rise before that it'd happen again... and I just like the color green. :)

Panix - /server -j #runescape irc.efnet.org

-

NOT EVEN DOOM MUSIC

Well, even if p hats were so cheap no one wanted them I would still want a full set cuz it looks cool.

But I know what ur talking about...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

If I had a choice between white or blue and blue was twice more then white, I'd still take white. That white phat looks better for some reason and it goes with dragon armour, which is hard to get matching stuff for. If a white phat was a waste of money and you'd lose money, I'd still buy it for looks.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

It's a paper hat. You know, like the ones you get from real christmas crackers that never fit right and have those horrible glue seams? I've dropped three or four in my time (they took up valuable bank space XD) and I've never regretted it.
*cough* Bull... *cough*

I want a purple phat because it looks good with everything.

Purples? they dont go with anything. Greens and purples dont go with anything from what I can see, or at least I havent found anything that match them.

they go with my pretty girly eyes :shock: <-- see

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

if i had the money, i would buy a santa because i like the looks. but wow, if i had the money to buy a party hat, i would make an outfit JUST for it :shock:

(not sarcasm, i really like the looks of them :) )

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I admit that I would like an untradable yellow phat that I could get back when ever I wanted to.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I'd get a party hat or santa hat just for the looks and questions I'd get. I wouldn't merchant that beast. Santa hats just look cool, party hats...well, I suppose they look okay.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I think for the most part people with phats have now had them for a while, it is far too hard to afford phats anymore, which is why i dont sell my blue or red, ive had them for some time which actually, the red was bought by selling my white, needed cash for stuff and with what cash left over i bought red.(onlt needed a like 36m it was).

its for the rich now. they will soon eather become to expensive to even be sold or they will become non-iconic. but for most people i talk to say santa over any phat if they santa and ANY phat where exactly the same price.

lolpcboatsx3.png

Now adays verses when i first started i don't see a phat and think wow what a cool hat... wish i could get one...

I think instead what a rich guy cmon evil chicken :lol: (j/k)

lol i saw a guy in blue phat once fighting random...

bluephat13ui.jpg

and look at the outcome...

bluepaht22dz.jpg

12 more prayer and a blue phat would've been mine...or someone elses....actually he would've just ran away :P

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Rares are *potential* wealth. Until you sell them, they don't serve any practical purpose at the moment besides a status symbol (either of wealth or of length of time played) when worn, or when a posting a bank pic. Either way, it is more a matter of bragging rights.

There's not much point to buying the wearable ones as a fashion statement, because there are so many more affordable options in Treasure Trails and random events. There is, however, some status in such Treasure Trail items (the black cavalier is probably the best example at this time) as random event clothes are not tradeable.

Even so, I've never much cared much there-- I'd rather have exclamations of "lookin' snazzy" rather than "I buy yr ".

I gave my wife full rune (g) with the help of a number of friends, and I watched as players pestered her all day long. If someone looks at her or myself as 'wealthy' because of items we're wearing, I'd rather have them think of the wealth of our friends' kindness and generosity.

One thing that I hope is once every phat is gone, Jagex will release them again, but untradeable. You beat a quest and you can only get 1 color, but you can change that color anytime. I'd like that ;)

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Personally, if I am ever to buy a p hat I would most likely wear it for a couple months (would probably buy purple, white or red). Then stop playing rs for 6+ months (maybe play WoW OR Guild Wars for a little bit) then check back to see the prices. It would be indeed an investment for me. But then again the thrill of having my first ever party hat, I would probably wear it everywhere I went while playing.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

It's a paper hat. You know, like the ones you get from real christmas crackers that never fit right and have those horrible glue seams? I've dropped three or four in my time (they took up valuable bank space XD) and I've never regretted it.
*cough* Bull... *cough*

I want a purple phat because it looks good with everything.

Purples? they dont go with anything. Greens and purples dont go with anything from what I can see, or at least I havent found anything that match them.

The coolest outfit I've ever seen was a guy in full infinity and a purple phat :P . I don't have a phat (or any rare fo rthat matter), and I highly doubt I will ever have one. Till I have all the stuff I want- like all barrows armour and runes to get 99 magic- I will never save for one. I admire those who have one, but my rs ambitions are ouside the rares market.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The only reason I would want a phat or any other wearable rare is because of looks. I don't like most helmets, so I hope to someday be able to combine phats with armor sets: green phat with guthix, red phat with zammy or full d, white phat with sara or full mime, purple with prince outfit.

P.S.: I don't like blue :lol:

single_skill1135725421.png

I think phats look pretty daft, and would only buy one to make a bit of money on it :P

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"