Arrrr!

Nanosauromo

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is bloody awesome.

This movie wastes almost no time getting directly in to the action. The mutant pirates/sea creatures were very well done. Jonny Depp gives another great performance as Captain Jack Sparrow. The two comedy relief pirates from the first movie (you know them, one has a wooden eye) are back again and are very funny. There were some great comedic bits at just the right moments. The cliffhanger endings (yes, in a way there are 2 cliffhangers at the end) left me unable to wait for the third installment in the trilogy.

So who else has seen this most excellent movie?

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

I loved the first one so much... I hope they can give it the sequel it deserves. I should be seeing it tonight or tommorow

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I've heard from people that it's awfully long :|

It is long yes, but every part of the movie is filled with action! Its a great movie and the length of the movie just gives you your moneys worth. I cant wait to see the third one.

My favorite scene was when all three guys were fighting and Elizabeth was trying to get them to stop. Then they went and faught on the big wheel while a bunch of other stuff was happening. That scene had a good mix of action and comedy :lol:

lope6jw0.jpg

off to see this movie early next week (earliest time we can all go together as a family)

we have the first on dvd and love it

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I've heard from people that it's awfully long :|

Long, but not drawn out. Something is happening during 95% of the movie.

How many of you stayed after the credits? :wink:

And the 3 way battle was great, but once they were fighting on the wheel is was way unrealistic seeing as they never really stumbled or felt the bumps that the wheel was going over.

I saw it last night, was crazy packed in that theater...

I'm going to be honest, I liked the first one better. I thought it was more like one and a half movies, not just one. The director could have ended it at a point and made the ending very clear, but now it cuts off so abruptly with the cliffhangers. But it's a movie, not a television show where we can just tune in next week. Now we have to wait until the next movie to finish the scene off, and hopefully it's not just a half of a movie :P.

That said, it was very well done. I wasn't too thrilled with the sea creature thingies, they were kind of far fetched (but undead pirates aren't :P). The story line is very deep and there's always something going on, and it provided a bunch of background for things we learned from the first movie.

Does anyone think that scene where they are on the boat going down the river to that lady's hut in the jungle is strikingly like the Disneyland/world ride of he same name?

peterstretchfn5.gif

i wonder when ninjas are gunna get there own movie...

There are lots of movies, it's just that none of them are that good :?

hence the reason pirates are superior :)

Worth it just for Johnny Depp's brilliant performance, but luckily that wasn't the only good feature. The effects were all on top form, the rest of the cast was good and it was suitably darker.

Also, there's the fact that I love pirates! :D Pirates of the Caribbean has always been my favourite ride at disneyland, the film's do them justice. All the swashbuckling is just what I want to go out and see to be entertained.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I saw this movie, and it was very good fun.

Completely rediculous and not nearly as good as the first, but very good fun.

I definitely reccomend watching the askaninja review before you go see it, though. :lol:

Not a classic like the first Pirates, but a good enough sequel.

finalsig9wq.gif

Elizabeth (in disuise)- "I'm here to get my lover"

Jack- :shock: Well, then you might be on the wrong boat (or something like that)

Elizabeth- My lover is Will Turner

Jack- Elizabeth? [to guy behind him] Hide the rum.

Best line EVER!!!! Though the movie wasn't that good if you asked me. Though I saw it at midnight so that might be why, lol. I hated that ending though. Can't say I wasn't expecting it though... That vague enough?

One thing I didn't understand though... In the first movie, all the cursed people were mortal again... Including the monkey, but Jack shot that monkey like 6 times... Gah.

maxsig28nv.gif

Elizabeth (in disuise)- "I'm here to get my lover"

Jack- :shock: Well, then you might be on the wrong boat (or something like that)

Elizabeth- My lover is Will Turner

Jack- Elizabeth? [to guy behind him] Hide the rum.

Best line EVER!!!! Though the movie wasn't that good if you asked me. Though I saw it at midnight so that might be why, lol. I hated that ending though. Can't say I wasn't expecting it though... That vague enough?

One thing I didn't understand though... In the first movie, all the cursed people were mortal again... Including the monkey, but Jack shot that monkey like 6 times... Gah.

maxsig28nv.gif