Tip.It Times Presents: Just call me the Exterminator!

Kiara_Kat

Another slip: the editor likes pest control *adds to list of things editor has let slip about his identity* hmm lets see who in the tip.it team likes pest control :-k

ahahaha IMA A IDIOT

cant argue there mate
Real world? *looks around confuzzled* Real world?!? :ohnoes:

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

have now quit rs :-( (but i still browse these forums :-)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good article because it's on a topic that's relevant to many players at the moment, and it presents a viewpoint (stick with people your level for maximum effectiveness) that I hadn't heard before.

Having maxed melee, I almost always get my 50 damage in my 4 dagger specials or the 2-3 whip hits after that.

What's most annoying to me is when I'm the only one fighting a portal, and there are 4 level 50-90 players standing nearby just hitting the regular (non-spinner) monsters trying to get their 50 damage.

I would also like to see more cooperative games like that in Rs. But more on topic i haven't played pest control in a while, mostly because i have stopped liking it... ahh maybe ill go try it again today, maybe it has some "Zeal" left :wink:

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Good article, but it does seem biased against lower-level players (I'm 65 combat). It gives the impression that lower level players ALL want to ruin the game and ride coattails and should be segregated to their own game where they won't be able to win. I doubt it's possible for a team of lower combat levels to win because of all the high level monsters.

So the impression I got is that I'm too much of a noob to play with the big people and I should just play to lose until I get to level 90 or above. Guess I'll be back next year or so.

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

I wanna play with the editor. Seeing my p-c playtime, it might just actually bump into him :lol:

I think there has to be more time to preperate. It's a cooperative, but you don't have enough time to agree wich portal to take out first and who will defend. That's the most prominent reason why teams fail.

Ow yeah, even lvl 40's have their use. They can repair things, defend, or even go with the rest to attack portals and take on the spinners.

I liked this article, since I play p-c alot and because my brain can't take a more indepth read for now :lol: (curse the heath here)

yea a few weeks ago i played pc alot

wld 2 and 78 are the best

it's not about cooperation ...everbody goes for a portal ...after it's done neeeeeeeeeeext!

using prayers makes it funner as you can try and see whats ur max hit

but honestly it isnt' that good i must admit i got bored of it :-w don't actually know how you can be addicted to it

Final1.jpg

The editor says its about co-operation and teamwork, but at the end of the game its just about as he said getting the 50 points for zeal. The same thing was repeated in a few paragraphs too.

Aiming for the 50 points isn't very 'team orientated' more selfish. Not trying to do whats best for the team but just getting the points.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

The game is still a Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game.. Grouping people like the article suggests fits exactly in the category of egoistic-efficiency-training above anything else, which is what everyone already does. It's sad to see that tip.it even helps to justify that kind of attitude with this article, while they should try to promote the opposite IMO.

I think that this was a very good idea. Playing with a group of combat level 90 and above players is challenging. The games are over so quickly, usually in under a minute, that one has to be absolutely on the ball or they wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get those 50 points of damage necessary to make zeal and get a Void Knight point.

How is that challenging? IMO, a minigame lasting under a minute with higher levels doing most of the work doesn't sound challenging nor fun to me.

The article talks about how PC promotes co-operation and team work, while the hypocritical editor champions separating levels, racing through the game and making speed the essence. Doesn't sound very co-operative to me.

To add to this, I find the article, yet again, disappointingly lacking in depth and creativity. After such a good start, Tip.it times has become something of a monotomy :|

with all do respect bubsa, i think your wrong. Why you ask me? Because even thought some people want to win within one minute, everyone is doing a part by either attacking portals or monsters. I will agree with you that it is not challenging, but it isnt fun either, only just a little, but thats when you have fun later, when you use those points on combat skills \'

Most people think that higher lvls dont like the lvls 40-70 as they are weak, but infact thats not the case, the higher lvls know that most 40-70 all they do is try to get 50 points on monsters then stand there well i have to say somthing

WHAT IS THE POINT OF GETTING 50 POINTS IF WE DONT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse the caps ppl

overall i feel the same way about pest control one of the best minigames

randomkcopyq.png

when i was in school, they placed lowere level children with one or two higher level ones in the hopes of the higher level ones would teach the lowers, or some smartness would rub off.

it did not work (of course.) the higher levels ignored their lessers and it was bad for everyone. this lends credence to the article.

for that reason and others, i wholeheartedly agree with the same ability groups. now if only the level 40-70s would figure that out...

tipitlessersigea3.png

write something interesting please every tip.it times lately is just putting together what you read all over the forums

Wasn't a great article, but if you post constructive critisism then you may be heard. Or instead write your own article and submit it. Don'tjust flame and give no advice on how to make it better.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

When I read the newspaper, I go straight to the Editorials first. That's where the controversial stuff is. You know, the argument-starting stuff. :)

If I have some extra time, I'll page over to the human interest stories. The stuff that gives you those warm fuzzies inside.

I have a natural preference for controversy. Others have a natural preference for the human interest stories.

I think that pretty much sums up the differences of opinion. The people who are complaining about [what they consider to be] the "blandness" of recent articles are just not recognizing them for what they are; human interest articles.

Now for those who do see some controversy in this, it seems to have to do with the Editor's opinion that levels should be somewhat "segregated".

To me, he/she just seems to be giving his opinion that like-levels will probably have a more fun time playing together. I didn't detect any disdain for lower levels. If you dislike Pest Control (I have yet to even try it) because it encourages like-levels to play together, there's always Castle Wars that has plenty of opportunities for people of all levels.

write something interesting please every tip.it times lately is just putting together what you read all over the forums

Wasn't a great article, but if you post constructive critisism then you may be heard. Or instead write your own article and submit it. Don'tjust flame and give no advice on how to make it better.

where do I submit an article I was writing something for my clan but maybe you guys might like it :P

100% noob since 2001

With fewer people this game is definatley the funnest. Only problem is you have to wait 5 mins! which is a lifetime it seems...just as bad as fight pits nearly lol. I opt for the speed of the more pop. worlds and usually try to get in when many people's combat lvls are red to me ...why? Cause well the xp is so fast! Why should really anyone care if it's not as fun...still better than training on spawning monsters!

Good article (obviously you can't have a smashing one EVERY week lol).

dragonmblack,black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

black%20%20%20pk3r.gif

I would like to see more cooperative content in Rs.
the problem with co-operation is :

A) there is ALWAYS going to a noob or group of noobs who will wreck a game by trying to reap the reward without doing the work, a good example being noobs who sit at the castle wars energy barrier and run through it every time attack.... stand and fight idiots :x

B) there is always a scammer who will take advantage of noobs

C) co-operation means that to play it you will need a reasnoabley full world, or a clan or a dedicated world to play it, a co-operative game is no fun on your own. And with runescape there are times where all but the most popular of mini games are almost empty (depending on the nightime in large population bases like america) this makes games that are funa as a team booring.

Evil-1.png