Unid herblore scam???

mchainmail

Today, I encountered a player who said they would trade 500 unid rannars for a whip. I am wondering if it is a scam, because:

1. It sounds too good to be true.

2. The player refused to trade my full inv. (except the unid rannar) for their full inventory.

Was this a scam? or did I miss out on a great opporitunity?

nh.jpg

yeah most likely a scam but if they were unid rnarr that's 3m at 6k ea so you'd get some herb exp and 3mil. If you have unid ranarr then you and hold it noted and fill your invo and that whole she-bang and be certain it is ranarr.

yeah most likely a scam but if they were unid rnarr that's 3m at 6k ea so you'd get some herb exp and 3mil. If you have unid ranarr then you and hold it noted and fill your invo and that whole she-bang and be certain it is ranarr.

I thought so, but then I remembered that I wouldn't have my whip in my inventory after the trade, leaving 1 spot open.

nh.jpg

It's a scam, Offer him a noted whip and see what he does.

What they do is, They say that they'll give you 500 unid ranarrs. So you probably go set up anti-scam and get a noted unid ranarr in your invitory, And fill the rest with space blockers so that you cannot get like guams or something.. But, When you put up the whip that opens up a spot for the guams which they are, Not ranarrs.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Yes, the only way this trade can work is if you have 2 noted whips. It sounds like a scam. Best way though is the person displays his entire inventory, and ALL spots must be filled with non-equipable items. Trade one herb to guarentee the unid, then trade the rest for the whip.

A better way is "buy" the herbs, he can then use the cash to buy the whip.

Trading unids is 100% safe IF you do it correctly. I'm suprised Rune Tips never posted a guide on trading unid herbs in the herblore section. Could be of use.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You should've asked to buy one, then identified, if it was ranarr, accept it.

what if he had 2 kinds of noted unids in his invent? what if he gave you one rannar then traded you all the others being guams or something

Jain_Charin.png

problem is that not everyone HAS 2 whips to be noted

(omg, i never even had one!)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Fill up you're inventory. In one spot you put 1+ noted unid rannar. Do the trade, and if it says you have a full inv. its not rannar unids. :) Du-h.

I quit RS.

Dude the past is past. Don't work yourself too much...it'll only make it worse.

Don't think about what could be, make it so.

P.S This kinda stuff also works with girls :wink:

But the thing is if he had 500 guam and 500 rannar both unided theres no possible way to be sure. And you guys say "put a unid ranarr in your invetory", how do you know its a ranarr if its unid?

Fill up you're inventory. In one spot you put 1+ noted unid rannar. Do the trade, and if it says you have a full inv. its not rannar unids. :) Du-h.

Wrong.

26 items whip and unided ranarr.

You trade, and now you have 26 items, 500 unided guam in one space, and an unided ranarr.

When you trade away your whip it empties a space. That's what people always forget. That's why you bring TWO whips, noted. That way when you trade it away, it doesn't empty a space.

problem is that not everyone HAS 2 whips to be noted

(omg, i never even had one!)

That's what the scammer's counting on. That you would try to trade one whip, therefore leaving an empty space for his unided guams to take.

Actually it wouldn't matter. Because if it was a scam and he was caught, all you would earn is the right to report him... he's probably not going to trade the 500 ranarrs after.

Or, you could've gotten an unidentified ranarr. Fill up with 26 other items and 2 noted whips and trade him one whip. If it wouldn't let you trade, then you know those weren't ranarrs.

yeah not every1 has 2 whips, i dont have 2 whips and i could afford a spare whip or 2.

but yes, what you said would work, if you had no more room for items then you would decline the trade if u had 2 noted whips, and offered 1. and had a noted Unid rannar in your inv, so whatever he offers if it ISNT ranarr, you will decline it when he presses accept.

Or, you could've gotten an unidentified ranarr. Fill up with 26 other items and 2 noted whips and trade him one whip. If it wouldn't let you trade, then you know those weren't ranarrs.

yeah not every1 has 2 whips, i dont have 2 whips and i could afford a spare whip or 2.

but yes, what you said would work, if you had no more room for items then you would decline the trade if u had 2 noted whips, and offered 1. and had a noted Unid rannar in your inv, so whatever he offers if it ISNT ranarr, you will decline it when he presses accept.

Or, you could tell him to offer another item like a hammer to fill up that spot. :idea:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

It's a scam, happened to a friend ages ago. You will try anti scam at first but they will drop herbs on the ground to prove it etc.

deadforumslol.png