2011 - Will there be a Runescape and will you be playing?

Greedom1

I think I remember seeing this thread back in my forum lurking days, shortly after realizing Tip.it actually had a forum worth reading rather than just quest guides and the rest.. :oops:

I quit RS for WoW for 3 years, but I came back. Who woulda thunk

That's me too, except it's more like 5 years of WoW with multiple returns to RS and trying other MMOs...

I can't help but say there is something about this game that keeps me coming back and enjoying it, when most new games bore me after a week. I never imagined I would still be coming back here, or that I would hate a game and its "gamers" as much as I do WoW.

<_<

The doomsayers who say it's on it's last legs, are just doomsayers. They will always be around. On the other hand, I do agree that if microtransactions are to become common, I will become frustrated with the company and leave. I'll continue to play as long as I have time and am interested.

I couldn't agree more. Having played many games, there is always these types, and very seldom are they actually correct.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

JAPAN

Idiots like you are why we will never get off foreign oil.

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

JAPAN

Idiots like you are why we will never get off foreign oil.

True, if only they realize how much damaze oil is causing to all lifeforms.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Not to mention that the radiation given off by coal plants is higher than the radiation given off by a nuclear plant anyways.

OT: I think RS will die within a few years, and the only way Jagex can save it is by creating a Runescape 3 with less grind and more activities like the Falador cerimonial smithing place.

I'm going to go with maybe, because who knows to be honest. I played from 2003-2005 and didn't see myself ever playing again. I came back four years later and started up again, 2009-2011. When you take a really long break such as I did, the game feels very different when you get back. So 2016... maybe? I sure as hell won't be playing for 5 years straight though. If I do play 5 years from now, it'll be because I took another very long break sometime in between now and then.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I don't think there's much debate that RuneScape will be buried before 2016. Maybe not long buried, but it will be buried.

A more appropriate question, in my opinion, is whether World of Warcraft will still be around. I'm no WoW fan, believe me, but I'd suggest it has more longevity left in the tank than RuneScape does simply because it's more popular and therefore has more momentum within its community.

JAPAN

WORLDWIDE OIL SPILLS

I don't think there's much debate that RuneScape will be buried before 2016. Maybe not long buried, but it will be buried.

A more appropriate question, in my opinion, is whether World of Warcraft will still be around. I'm no WoW fan, believe me, but I'd suggest it has more longevity left in the tank than RuneScape does simply because it's more popular and therefore has more momentum within its community.

I don't think World of Warcraft is having any issues bringing in money (not saying runescape is although Jagex is making it seem like it). I really think that's what it comes down to in terms of longevity. When will it stop bringing in enough money to justify still keeping it up.

God dammit i'm still here.

my thoughts exactly. I always end up playing a little bit each year. My account just slowly keeps climbing up there in total level.

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

I'm sure it will limp on, from year to year, slowly losing frustrated customers. But I don't think it will be Jagex's fault. All games are bound to end sometime.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest