Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2011 - Will there be a Runescape and will you be playing?

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

It's on its last legs as it is.

This has been said for years now.

Zerker_Jane
[ Display Name History ]

Zerker_Jane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Zerker Jane

It's on its last legs as it is.

This has been said for years now.

Meh, I've played since 02 and it's honestly the first time I've felt like this.
Posted Image
99 farm easy

Master_Smither
[ Display Name History ]

Master_Smither

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,267 posts
  • RSN:Runescapew44
Truthfully, back in 2006 I don't think I would have thought I'd still be playing. However, after taking a year break due to school, I came back this summer, interested, and realized there is a lot of content still to be touched. The doomsayers who say it's on it's last legs, are just doomsayers. They will always be around. On the other hand, I do agree that if microtransactions are to become common, I will become frustrated with the company and leave. I'll continue to play as long as I have time and am interested. Will I be playing in 5 years? Most likely not at all.
Click for My Blog

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Julia
[ Display Name History ]

Julia

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:Spaderchat
I'm sure it will limp on, from year to year, slowly losing frustrated customers. But I don't think it will be Jagex's fault. All games are bound to end sometime.
I quit this game.

jijilentosmi
[ Display Name History ]

jijilentosmi

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Jijilentosmi
  • RSN2:the f2p jiji

I'm sure it will limp on, from year to year, slowly losing frustrated customers. But I don't think it will be Jagex's fault. All games are bound to end sometime.

I'd say the people who are quitting these days are mostly quitting due to bots or ridiculous content, which is Jagex's fault. At least in some respects.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Metaform
[ Display Name History ]

Metaform

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • RSN:Metaform
I think I remember seeing this thread back in my forum lurking days, shortly after realizing Tip.it actually had a forum worth reading rather than just quest guides and the rest.. :oops:

I quit RS for WoW for 3 years, but I came back. Who woulda thunk

That's me too, except it's more like 5 years of WoW with multiple returns to RS and trying other MMOs...

I can't help but say there is something about this game that keeps me coming back and enjoying it, when most new games bore me after a week. I never imagined I would still be coming back here, or that I would hate a game and its "gamers" as much as I do WoW.

<_<

The doomsayers who say it's on it's last legs, are just doomsayers. They will always be around. On the other hand, I do agree that if microtransactions are to become common, I will become frustrated with the company and leave. I'll continue to play as long as I have time and am interested.

I couldn't agree more. Having played many games, there is always these types, and very seldom are they actually correct.

elucin8er
[ Display Name History ]

elucin8er

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • RSN:Elucin8er
Looks like this will be due for a 2016 bump to check again :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Ezee
[ Display Name History ]

Ezee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • RSN:Zeei

Looks like this will be due for a 2016 bump to check again :thumbsup:

^
Posted Image

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

JAPAN

Idiots like you are why we will never get off foreign oil.

Pete Party
[ Display Name History ]

Pete Party

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 487 posts

Lol i love the oil debate here. If we finally move on to Nuclear power (which is far safer - don't let movies fool you - and efficient) then we'll never run out of power, and thus, RS will still be around.

JAPAN

Idiots like you are why we will never get off foreign oil.

True, if only they realize how much damaze oil is causing to all lifeforms.
Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
Not to mention that the radiation given off by coal plants is higher than the radiation given off by a nuclear plant anyways.

OT: I think RS will die within a few years, and the only way Jagex can save it is by creating a Runescape 3 with less grind and more activities like the Falador cerimonial smithing place.

Unb34t4bl3
[ Display Name History ]

Unb34t4bl3

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 196 posts
I'm going to go with maybe, because who knows to be honest. I played from 2003-2005 and didn't see myself ever playing again. I came back four years later and started up again, 2009-2011. When you take a really long break such as I did, the game feels very different when you get back. So 2016... maybe? I sure as hell won't be playing for 5 years straight though. If I do play 5 years from now, it'll be because I took another very long break sometime in between now and then.
FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)
Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I don't think there's much debate that RuneScape will be buried before 2016. Maybe not long buried, but it will be buried.

A more appropriate question, in my opinion, is whether World of Warcraft will still be around. I'm no WoW fan, believe me, but I'd suggest it has more longevity left in the tank than RuneScape does simply because it's more popular and therefore has more momentum within its community.

FooK-A-Ji
[ Display Name History ]

FooK-A-Ji

The One And Only

• Members
  • 2,973 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:FooK A Ji
  • RSN2:Flyingtoilet

JAPAN

WORLDWIDE OIL SPILLS

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1

I don't think there's much debate that RuneScape will be buried before 2016. Maybe not long buried, but it will be buried.

A more appropriate question, in my opinion, is whether World of Warcraft will still be around. I'm no WoW fan, believe me, but I'd suggest it has more longevity left in the tank than RuneScape does simply because it's more popular and therefore has more momentum within its community.

I don't think World of Warcraft is having any issues bringing in money (not saying runescape is although Jagex is making it seem like it). I really think that's what it comes down to in terms of longevity. When will it stop bringing in enough money to justify still keeping it up.

cya_tremend
[ Display Name History ]

cya_tremend

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • RSN:Genkai
  • RSN2:BSAA
  • Clan:OTG
God dammit i'm still here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Waltchelg
[ Display Name History ]

Waltchelg

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • RSN:Walt SA

God dammit i'm still here.

my thoughts exactly. I always end up playing a little bit each year. My account just slowly keeps climbing up there in total level.

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts

Pretty much hit the nail on the head
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnÂ’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users