Is Construction pointless?

Merc2020

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the guilded altar, tele tablets, portals, ... whatever more are all pointless ?

Just because YOU don't like construction (neither do I but meh) it doesn't mean it's crap :uhh:

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

Couldn't be more wrong on it

With the new spell book or even Ancients construction rocks

You can make tele tablets to help you get around

Use the Alter in your house

unlimited glorys

Use the protals in the house to help when on above 2 spell books.

Is it a money maker.. NAH.. But very usefull and worth the time and money for me..

There are many advantages, Barrows repair, house portals, tele tablets, guilded altar and all that but they are at the higher levels and it costs you heaps just to get there...

It's not pointless, I just dont like spending money :P

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

Neither is agility or slayer if you put it that way. :-s

Construction may not make any money, but a house can become a very neccessity in itself. How do you think you're going to teleport with different spellbooks? Teleport tablets. How do you make them? Using a lectern in a study. How do you get a lectern? Raising construction levels.

Need over desire boy. :P

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

OK, here's what 1M-1.5M in construction gets you (52 con).

- Tele to anywhere on ancients

- An instant pray recharge with the click of a teleport tablet or regular tele

- A teleport to the werewolf town

- Games, games, games

- A butler that pretty much owns

- Fun in raising the skill

- Total lvl +

- Self accomplishment, morale boost...

- Let me stress this again. Teleport anywhere with ancients.

- Glory tele (infinate)

- Meeting place

- Barrow repair for resduced cost

-The ability to plank logs really fast, which can make MAJOR BUCKS if you do it right

Not worth it?- Pssh I love my house and would have spent 2M just for the feeling of accomplishment I got while doing it. Every level you get that "oh wow i can make something new" feeling, and you have easy access to rimmington which is easy acess to one of the best rune shops ever, not to mention SNAPE GRASS RESPAWN.

It is a waste of money... but it can be usefull as said before

Wrong. An altar right next to a tele place with an infinate amount of teles to anywhere is pointless?

It is a pkers, kqers, barrowers, and questers dream.

THE BEST skill besides combat skills.

No, you probably don't get out from it efficiency wise overall what you put into it. It's not completely pointless though. It can provide entertainment, which can't be figured since it's not dealing with xp or efficiency or anything. Overall though, it's a pretty fun ride exploring while you level everything, trying the things out, inviting friends, all that. On paper it's not worth it, but it has it's ups.

Wrong. An altar right next to a tele place with an infinate amount of teles to anywhere is pointless?

If u read the post, i didn't say it was pointless... but i do think it is a waste of money i just dont use those kind of things...

oxymoron much?

huh??

Vppunkrocker.png

If u read the post, i didn't say it was pointless... but i do think it is a waste of money i just dont use those kind of things...

oxymoron much?

huh??

When you say it is pointless it sompletely rules out the fact that you said it has some uses.

1M for that stuff is not much. I make 1m per day with barrows...

Construction isn't pointless.

Chapels, Lecterns, Portals, Workshop, etc.

They're all very helpful. Just because you can't make money off a skill does not make it pointless. In fact, Construction is very beneficial if you get to the higher levels, and can make the better objects and rooms stated above.

Now, if Construction was just you building a house where you can sit on chairs? Then yes, it would be pointless.

eye_test.png

of course I do:P but I'm just saying they seemed to have a singular view on gaining money that isnt real, when the whole point IMO is for it to be a form of entertainment

Building and raising construction was the most fun I had out of any of the skills.

of course I do:P but I'm just saying they seemed to have a singular view on gaining money that isnt real, when the whole point IMO is for it to be a form of entertainment

Building and raising construction was the most fun I had out of any of the skills.

+1, getting something new at every level? That is the most fun ive had in a long time.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

+1, getting something new at every level? That is the most fun ive had in a long time.

That and I still use it today. Skills like fishing and cooking that I spent a long time to get have no use for me because i can just buy the sharks. Skills like construction stay with you forever.

Useless?

at lvl 53, u can make tele rooms that can teleport you to several useful places (kharyll tele w.o ancients), infinite glory teles, and most important of all, cheap barrow repair (using tea). there are others but i dont wanna use my head too much during summer, but int short...

spend money for convenience? YES

plus if u think 1.2 mil is too much money to spend on a skill? look at herblore and prayer...heck..magic is expensive in the long run

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread